Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pony_01

do you think it is really necessary for crosses to use 2 drummers?

wheresmysnare

No, it isn't necessary but it looks cool on stage

defsteve

Quote from: pony_01 on Feb 07, 2012, 04:03 PM
do you think it is really necessary for crosses to use 2 drummers?

Quick answer - yes.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

wheresmysnare

defsteve

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Feb 07, 2012, 04:29 PM
explain

Yeah it looks cool on stage but it would not be possible for one drummer to play ALL the parts they play.

therealdaebat

Quote from: luisch on Feb 07, 2012, 08:00 AM
2012-02-04 - Slims, San Francisco, California, USA

MP3: 320kbps

DOWNLOAD

fuck yeah
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

fuzzylogics

Quote from: defsteve on Feb 07, 2012, 04:38 PM
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Feb 07, 2012, 04:29 PM
explain

Yeah it looks cool on stage but it would not be possible for one drummer to play ALL the parts they play.

Agreed; they have a LOT going on.

wheresmysnare

I dont think so personally, M83 have 'a lot going on' but use one drummer in Loïc Maurin, Crosses also have C Doom who could sample any percussion elements or just have a percussionist if needs be. Two drummers is fine, I just don't think it's essential for their beats.

from_musings

can't believe how they can pull it off with just two drummers.if they're going to do more shows they need to add a third drummer just to keep their noses above the water surface, or other wise they will be burned out. i think a forth drummer should be in the band if they're in it for the long run

defsteve

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Feb 07, 2012, 06:49 PM
I dont think so personally, M83 have 'a lot going on' but use one drummer in Loïc Maurin, Crosses also have C Doom who could sample any percussion elements or just have a percussionist if needs be. Two drummers is fine, I just don't think it's essential for their beats.

I was going to post a long response but then thought "fuck it, have another vodka instead".

8)

fuzzylogics

Listen to M83 then Crosses on a good set of neutral studio monitors and you'll see there are more layers to the rhythm than you can hear casually. Not sure if its necessary to replicate every single phantom note though, I agree. But it looks metal.  ;D

pony_01

I think they try to make the sounds rich, but what if another drummer made a mistake? like loosing tempo? or make some variation but other drummer not noticed. it sounds pretty disturbing.
only the Chariot - David De La Hoz can use 2 drums that sounds good hahha!

fuzzylogics

Quote from: pony_01 on Feb 07, 2012, 11:30 PM
I think they try to make the sounds rich, but what if another drummer made a mistake? like loosing tempo? or make some variation but other drummer not noticed. it sounds pretty disturbing.
only the Chariot - David De La Hoz can use 2 drums that sounds good hahha!

I think we might find out. If they choose to do more shows they will have to do without, Dredge is still an active band touring this year.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: from_musings on Feb 07, 2012, 09:19 PM
can't believe how they can pull it off with just two drummers.if they're going to do more shows they need to add a third drummer just to keep their noses above the water surface, or other wise they will be burned out. i think a forth drummer should be in the band if they're in it for the long run

For me the logical conclusion for crosses can only be that of a marching band with chino dressed as a gigantic cymbal, wailing over the top and performing interpretive dance moves.

Defsteve that is very honourable of you to remain stoical and hit the vodka instead, wish i had some.

EDIIITTT!!!

sorry i've been foolish above, chino should be beat boxing and not wailing, i wouldnt want to risk overpowering the marching band

FxStryker

Drummer on the right is very stiff. Chino sounds amazing though.

shoop

Quote from: FxStryker on Feb 09, 2012, 04:22 AM
Drummer on the right is very stiff. Chino sounds amazing though.
That shit was buggin me out haha.

samson simpson

the sound live is awesome

studio so & so

luv trophy 1987 and the front so far as my favs

still cant fuck with sleep though ( live or in studio)

30,000 pts. aqdded for that goodbye herses cover yo

prime time

Inkblades