Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyNo.9

That one snippet makes me excited again, was pretty dissapointed with the second EP

sing blue silver

EP 2 was 3 fantastic songs followed by 2 below par and boring as fuck songs. On first listen I was totally jamming thinking "this is better than the first EP" but then the last 2 songs made me say "meh". Hoping threres no duds on EP 3.

shoop

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 14, 2012, 03:31 PM
EP 2 was 3 fantastic songs followed by 2 below par and boring as fuck songs. On first listen I was totally jamming thinking "this is better than the first EP" but then the last 2 songs made me say "meh". Hoping threres no duds on EP 3.
have you tried getting violently high off some good weed, laying down and listening to them? Then try telling me the last 2 tracks are boring. I can definitely see how they aren't for everyone, but i'd never call them duds. They paint some pretty sweet images, for me at least.

from_musings

1987 is right up my alley,i even think it's good enough to enjoy sober :)

shoop

Quote from: from_musings on Jul 14, 2012, 10:01 PM
1987 is right up my alley,i even think it's good enough to enjoy sober :)
yeah for sure, that's the beauty of it..makes me feel high even if i'm not.  8)

sing blue silver

Well I've listened to it stoned many times being the avid pot smoker I am and the only thing those ssongs do is lull me into a nice weed nap.

shoop

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 14, 2012, 10:25 PM
Well I've listened to it stoned many times being the avid pot smoker I am and the only thing those ssongs do is lull me into a nice weed nap.
sometimes that's just what ya need ;)  good relaxation

Inkblades

I like 2 better than 1. The production is better.

asshole

Anyone heard the rob zombie remix?

Nevermind just saw it has its own thread....lol
I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Slacker

Gee

Quote from: Slacker on Sep 11, 2012, 06:25 AM

Thanks, nice performance. Chino seems to be having a good time. And he can't help but screaming even with Crosses' music, which honestly, I'm not gonna complain about  ;D
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Slacker

Quote from: Gee on Sep 11, 2012, 04:05 PM
Quote from: Slacker on Sep 11, 2012, 06:25 AM

Thanks, nice performance. Chino seems to be having a good time. And he can't help but screaming even with Crosses' music, which honestly, I'm not gonna complain about  ;D

generally, you'll always have a good time on a chilean show. at least if you're in a good band.

bewareofrats

Not a big fan of that teaser for III.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Slacker

im not shure how many of you have seen this, but in this song, chino did a fucking 18 seconds long eagle scream (13 bars pretty much). i was at this show, and i remember getting the sickest chill down my spine. that is the most insane vocal shit i've ever seen or heard from him, ever. it was most certainly unexpected, plus you can see how everybody was going nuts in disbelieve. i heard that shit live! (look for 02:06)

††† (Crosses) - †he Years [en vivo Lollapalooza Chile 2012]

dictatesofreason

deftoner664

Quote from: Slacker on Sep 13, 2012, 04:17 AM
im not shure how many of you have seen this, but in this song, chino did a fucking 18 seconds long eagle scream (13 bars pretty much). i was at this show, and i remember getting the sickest chill down my spine. that is the most insane vocal shit i've ever seen or heard from him, ever. it was most certainly unexpected, plus you can see how everybody was going nuts in disbelieve. i heard that shit live! (look for 02:06)

††† (Crosses) - †he Years [en vivo Lollapalooza Chile 2012]

By far the most impressive scream I've ever heard from Chino. He put all of his energy into that. That was killer!
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

asshole

nice..... hopefully he does some epic screams on 10/9/12
I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...

bewareofrats

WUH and WOW!  I am amazed that he can do a scream that high to begin with, but for 18 seconds!?  That's almost beyond belief.  Amazing!  Definitely the most insane scream I've heard from him.  That is actually almost scary. Like did a king eagle of the world just take over and inhabit Chino's body?

You must have been in shock hearing that live, like, did I just hear that?  I almost am.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847