Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Chillers is a real Deftones song just like Amnesty is a real Deftones songs. Meaning it isn't.

Could be Trempest, though.

snw9

Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 03, 2011, 12:05 PM
Chillers is a real Deftones song just like (Amnisty > Not a deftones song!) is a real Deftones songs. Meaning it isn't.

Oh CHI said that "Trempest" is a really really heavy song. He also said somethin about the drums being insane on that track too
Code: [Select]

Electron§

Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 03, 2011, 12:05 PM
Chillers is a real Deftones song just like (Amnisty > Not a deftones song!) is a real Deftones songs. Meaning it isn't.

I thought the song title was real, and the lyrics were fake.

wheresmysnare

Chillers?

That is such a shit song title, sounds like it was made up by a retarded fan.

sing blue silver

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Oct 05, 2011, 12:16 AM
Chillers?

That's probably because it was. This has been discussed here so many times that I shouldn't even have to say this. The title and (shitty) lyrics were never mentioned or hinted at by the band in any capacity, official or otherwise. Can we PLEASE put this whole retarded Chillers thing to rest now? It doesn't exist, it's not an Eros song, it's not even a fucking deftones song. I'm sick of hearing about it. Trempest = real, Chillers = mislabeled retarded lyrics probably put up by a moron under the deftones name to draw attention to it. Case muthafuckin' closed.

Electron§

Quote from: sing blue silver on Oct 05, 2011, 12:20 AM
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Oct 05, 2011, 12:16 AM
Chillers?

That's probably because it was. This has been discussed here so many times that I shouldn't even have to say this. The title and (shitty) lyrics were never mentioned or hinted at by the band in any capacity, official or otherwise. Can we PLEASE put this whole retarded Chillers thing to rest now? It doesn't exist, it's not an Eros song, it's not even a fucking deftones song. I'm sick of hearing about it. Trempest = real, Chillers = mislabeled retarded lyrics probably put up by a moron under the deftones name to draw attention to it. Case muthafuckin' closed.

Well the tentative title of "When Girls Telephone Boys" was "Bukakke" so i wouldnt put it past them.

wheresmysnare

Yeah but that would be a funny working title. Chillers however is something millhouse would come up with in a failed attempt to be cool

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Oct 05, 2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah but that would be a funny working title. Chillers however is something millhouse would come up with in a failed attempt to be cool
HAHAHAHAAH
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Vesanic

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Oct 06, 2011, 01:45 AM
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Oct 05, 2011, 08:34 PM
HAHAHAHAAH

What he said haha.

Redsun

interview with sergio vega | http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?p=73907592#post73907592

I take it you've heard Eros. How does that stuff differ from Diamond Eyes?

I've heard a few songs. It's not a lot different. I can't really explain it. It sounds like the Deftones and goes back to the way every Deftones album is unique. No two Deftones albums are the same. Stephen said it well once where it's a concept of where you're at because everyone is constantly evolving. When you make a record, it literally becomes a snapshot of that place in time where you're living at. It definitely sounds a lot thicker than the Diamond Eyes stuff. The Diamond Eyes songs are pretty short and get to the point. The Eros songs I heard were longer and they had more stuff going on.

Are there still plans to release that at some point?

I think the plan is that it definitely should see the light of day at some point that feels right when it's not so much married to a tragedy. It should be able to speak for itself. The collection of songs are really good in it, so I think it's going to come out when enough time has passed and you're enabled to look at the material in a different way.

sing blue silver

Quote from: Redsun on Oct 12, 2011, 11:10 AM

I think the plan is that it definitely should see the light of day at some point that feels right when it's not so much married to a tragedy.

which is never. you're never going to be able to think about eros without instantly connecting it to what happened to chi. it's the last thing he worked on and people are not going to be able to see past that.

rock_n_frost

yeah definetely never
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

thetongue

What I don't get is that they're trying to raise all this money for Chi--why don't they release this album and donate most of the proceeds to his foundation? I'm sure that the album will do well.
Now That's how you get Pink Eye.

-Ben Stone

wheresmysnare

Quote from: thetongue on Oct 12, 2011, 06:49 PM
What I don't get is that they're trying to raise all this money for Chi--why don't they release this album and donate most of the proceeds to his foundation? I'm sure that the album will do well.

it isn't finished

BillyNo.9

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Oct 12, 2011, 07:59 PM
Quote from: thetongue on Oct 12, 2011, 06:49 PM

it isn't finished

nicklav

Doesn't it only require Chino to finish half of the songs?

BillyNo.9

Most of the songs, and yeah pretty much. They'd have to convince him to do it, but I don't think  he'd want to. He don't like going back to things they've done in the past. Mixing and editing would still need to be done. I'd rather the album be released now, in whatver state it is rather then them going back to it now and making it sound all Dimaond Eye-ish

Electron§

Quote from: Redsun on Oct 12, 2011, 11:10 AM
interview with sergio vega | http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?p=73907592#post73907592

I take it you've heard Eros. How does that stuff differ from Diamond Eyes?

I've heard a few songs. It's not a lot different. I can't really explain it. It sounds like the Deftones and goes back to the way every Deftones album is unique. No two Deftones albums are the same. Stephen said it well once where it's a concept of where you're at because everyone is constantly evolving. When you make a record, it literally becomes a snapshot of that place in time where you're living at. It definitely sounds a lot thicker than the Diamond Eyes stuff. The Diamond Eyes songs are pretty short and get to the point. The Eros songs I heard were longer and they had more stuff going on.

Are there still plans to release that at some point?

I think the plan is that it definitely should see the light of day at some point that feels right when it's not so much married to a tragedy. It should be able to speak for itself. The collection of songs are really good in it, so I think it's going to come out when enough time has passed and you're enabled to look at the material in a different way.

I hope hes not right about the "it doesnt sound much different" from Diamond Eyes part. Hes probably not, due to the fact that Chino has stated several times its supposed to be a *WEIRD* album, and Diamond Eyes is the antithesis of "unorthodox", "heavy", "psychedelic", or any other terms they have associated with Eros.

Quote from: nicklav on Oct 12, 2011, 08:03 PM
Doesn't it only require Chino to finish half of the songs?

Not even half, I watched an interview from 2010 recently (which i think is somewhere posted here), and Chino said only a *few* songs need full vocal tracks. A few to me is two or three. Not half. He also said they haven't exactly sat down and listened to Eros and discussed/picked whats good and whats not, which a lot of time has passed. They must have listened to it by now if its already 2011.

With that, I think its kind of a hint that Eros will never be officially released if they made time after the production of Saturday Night Wrist to listen to its demos (the sixteen ones released online, with "Buffalo" and the other instrumentals) which they didn't even intend to make official songs, yet they don't have time now to listen to Eros which they supposedly want to *eventually* release?

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Oct 12, 2011, 08:37 PM
Most of the songs, and yeah pretty much. They'd have to convince him to do it, but I don't think  he'd want to. He don't like going back to things they've done in the past. Mixing and editing would still need to be done. I'd rather the album be released now, in whatver state it is rather then them going back to it now and making it sound all Dimaond Eye-ish

This is exactly my feelings on it.

Electron§

Well, we know of five songs for Eros:

(unknown song, "Trempest"?)

Deftones eros in studio 2008 clip 4
Deftones eros in studio 2008 clip 3

"Melanie"

Deftones - Melanie ( New Song )

(unknown song, "Dallas" maybe?)

Deftones mix Eros [Rehersal]

(unknown song, possibly just effects for a full track?, or "Destiny"?)

Deftines eros in studio 2008 Clip 2

(unknown song, obviously needs a new title  ;D)

Deftones Demo

rock_n_frost

Your all guess are wrong.
The clip 3 and 4 is obviously ''the finger of death'' as a b-side of the record
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone