Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Electron§

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 11, 2011, 04:15 PM
I'm pretty sure Eros is a more structured, heavier and even more experimental version of SNW. Take the best they could have made of the Bob Ezrin demos, add some more heaviness and " weird " shit, and you have Eros. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to hear some more angry pissed off shit on it.

What Ezrin demos could the songs we know of from Eros have possibly been extracted from? Almost non of them. I don't hear any similarity.

Vesanic

No, I don't mean some Ezrin demos are on Eros. I mean that these demos are experimental and heavy, and that Eros songs are probably like that, even better.

from_musings

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Nov 11, 2011, 02:40 AM
Quote from: kitesvera on Nov 10, 2011, 08:19 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Nov 09, 2011, 05:15 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 09, 2011, 04:40 PM
none of the Eros material was used for Diamond Eyes.

probably true... but the theory is pretty awesome, it boosts up the mystic about the album. these speculations about eros is probably more interesting than the actual music on it. be thankful of this time and let the hype and the theorys flow.
and with that said, we haven't heard eros.  and lopez is one of them - he's also in their pact and a total feeder of the lie ;)

trust me, I talked to shaun about this multiple times, and I dont think he would lie to me. I talked to him on FB chat and in person when i saw Far. He told me that he preferred the Eros material over DE. He said is was much heavier and more experimental than they have been in the past. I think if he tells me that he personally likes Eros more then DE i dont think he is lying. He also told me he didnt really care for DE too much. He didnt say it was bad or anything, just that he liked what he heard on Eros more. Shaun is a pretty honest dude when it comes to his opinions about something, i know this because i have been talking to the dude for years now whether on FB or in person, or through personal messages. If fact i have talked to him enough that he knows who i am and how much i support Far, Deftones and Crosses and has thanked me on multiple occasions for supporting the three for so long now. When i met him in 2009 i walked up to him after Far played and said hey shaun, how you doing dude, Im Aaron (or Kitesvera-My internet name) and he was like, oh shit whats up dude, nice to finally meet you in person!. We then had a 20 minute conversation about all sorts of stuff from Crosses, to Eros, to stories from when Deftones/Far toured europe in 97. Hes a great dude, and by far, no pun intended, one of the most down to earth musicians i have ever met. take this as you will, but i believe that what Shaun has told me is true.
Has he became annoyed with you at all asking him the same question in every way imaginable? Did he ask you "didn't u ask me this already?"

haha.. maybe kitesvera doesn't trust lopez either

from_musings

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Nov 11, 2011, 10:31 AM
I dont think it makes sense to think that anything frm Eros went onto Diamond Eyes, or was reworked slightly to be put onto Diamond Eyes. People were really excited about Eros because of it being called dark, unorthodox, experimental, weird, etc. A lotta you arent huge fans of Diamond Eyes, and it's generally their more upbeat and poppy-sounding album, so that seems kinda the opposite. As for it being recorded quickly, I dont think it's far-fetched to believe that they were just working together more efficiently than they had been previously.

yes but that's good ol' chino talking about eros. this is what he said about snw when we haven't heard it:

Deftones
Aggressive, Evil Album August 20th |

PRP reports Chino Moreno recently commented regarding the bands upcoming new album, here's what he had to say:
"It's far more aggressive than, you know, our last few records, I'd say. I think we kinda just went in this time and just started writing, and obviously, all the stuff that came out was just way aggressive. That's what kind of made it fun. It was weird being out in Malibu, which is like a sunny place, a happy place, and we just started making some straight evil music."
The group are currently set to begin recording the effort on November 01st with producer Bob Ezrin (Pink Floyd, 30 Seconds To Mars).

..and now snw apperently is their "most chilling album" according to fans. You assume that his description of eros is true.maybe it is. but maybe it isn't. maybe sergio's description about d.e sounding like eros is the true one?again, i'm not saying eros is d.e,  just saying chino's spoken word can't be trusted :)

pony_01

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 12, 2011, 05:24 PM
...which is like a sunny place, a happy place, and we just started making some straight evil music."

THIS SHOULD BE ON OCCULT THEMES THREAD  ;D

Electron§

Deftones

PRP reports Chino Moreno recently commented regarding the bands upcoming new album, here's what he had to say:
"It's far more aggressive than, you know, our last few records, I'd say. I think we kinda just went in this time and just started writing, and obviously, all the stuff that came out was just way aggressive. That's what kind of made it fun. It was weird being out in Malibu, which is like a sunny place, a happy place, and we just started making some straight evil music."
The group are currently set to begin recording the effort on November 01st with producer Bob Ezrin (Pink Floyd, 30 Seconds To Mars).

..and now snw apperently is their "most chilling album" according to fans. You assume that his description of eros is true.maybe it is. but maybe it isn't. maybe sergio's description about d.e sounding like eros is the true one?again, i'm not saying eros is d.e,  just saying chino's spoken word can't be trusted :)

But then again, Eros didnt go through almost four years of continuous tweaking by every single member.

TheShade1989

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Nov 11, 2011, 10:31 AM
I dont think it makes sense to think that anything frm Eros went onto Diamond Eyes, or was reworked slightly to be put onto Diamond Eyes. People were really excited about Eros because of it being called dark, unorthodox, experimental, weird, etc. A lotta you arent huge fans of Diamond Eyes, and it's generally their more upbeat and poppy-sounding album, so that seems kinda the opposite. As for it being recorded quickly, I dont think it's far-fetched to believe that they were just working together more efficiently than they had been previously.

yes but that's good ol' chino talking about eros. this is what he said about snw when we haven't heard it:

Deftones

..and now snw apperently is their "most chilling album" according to fans. You assume that his description of eros is true.maybe it is. but maybe it isn't. maybe sergio's description about d.e sounding like eros is the true one?again, i'm not saying eros is d.e,  just saying chino's spoken word can't be trusted :)

I can see why he said that though, he's not exactly lying, it's just that not all of the songs are aggressive. None of their albums have all songs that are heavy and aggressive, or slow and soft and whatever, but I can see what he's saying about it being aggressive, so there's still a ring of truth to it. I guess it's all just speculation in the end, because all we have to go on are what other ppl have said about it.

from_musings

yes.. ther're dynamics in their records, aggressive stuff and soft stuff.  but here he's saying that snw is more, and has more, of the aggressive stuff than the previous 4 records when he compares snw to them.and that's just not true .saturday night wrist has more of straight up evil music compared to their other records? please. "most chilling", "most team sleepish deftones record" are the words i believe people are using here about the final product. but like electron said, a lot can happen along the way, perhaps they scrapped all those songs he's talking about.but it's like always, one must try to find, think up,make up ,explanations and excuses for why their information is incorrect all the time  :)

Electron§

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 13, 2011, 10:52 PM
yes.. ther're dynamics in their records, aggressive stuff and soft stuff.  but here he's saying that snw is more, and has more, of the aggressive stuff than the previous 4 records when he compares snw to them.and that's just not true .saturday night wrist has more of straight up evil music compared to their other records? please. "most chilling", "most team sleepish deftones record" are the words i believe people are using here about the final product. but like electron said, a lot can happen along the way, perhaps they scrapped all those songs he's talking about.but it's like always, one must try to find, think up,make up ,explanations and excuses for why their information is incorrect all the time  :)

Well if you listen to "Finger of Death" (presumably the first song written for "Saturday Night Wrist", even though it was ultimately not included), they were probably going for something similar to S/T at first, which is why Chino described it as "straight up evil", but then Bob Ezrin came along, and they made it a bit more spacy, then Chino changed it *again*. 

Electron§

I meant to say too about Sergio saying that "Eros" isn't that different from "Diamond Eyes" that they all seem at this point in time to be a little oblivious or naive about the fact that this last album clearly is too far of a departure from their old styles. Sergio may just be like that too, especially since hes a new member though technically.

Inkblades

If they made an entire album as dark and sad as Finger of Death is, it would be the greatest goddamn thing ever.

Vesanic

Quote from: Inkblades on Nov 14, 2011, 07:38 PM
If they made an entire album as dark and sad as Finger of Death is, it would be the greatest goddamn thing ever.

Fuck. Yeah.

nicklav

Does anyone have any idea as to what Chino sings on the live version of FOD?

sooniletugo

Electron§

Quote from: Inkblades on Nov 14, 2011, 07:38 PM

THUMBS MOTHERFUCKIN UP

snw9

Quote from: Electron§ on Nov 14, 2011, 09:44 AM
Quote from: from_musings on Nov 13, 2011, 10:52 PM

Well if you listen to "Finger of Death" (presumably the first song written for "Saturday Night Wrist", even though it was ultimately not included), they were probably going for something similar to S/T at first, which is why Chino described it as "straight up evil", but then Bob Ezrin came along, and they made it a bit more spacy, then Chino changed it *again*. 

I thought Bob just rearranged some of the tracks
Code: [Select]

from_musings

Quote from: Electron§ on Nov 14, 2011, 09:44 AM

yeah but he said the new material was " far more aggressive than, you know, our last few records". if he is referring to fod, i don't think it's any more aggressive than adrenaline,atf or self titled

rock_n_frost

Fuck Eros..

Its 2012.
I told you that album will be released 2036 in 2008.

Now im telling you ''FUCK EROS''
Seriously, fuck it..
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

snw9

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Nov 17, 2011, 12:54 AM
Fuck Eros..

Its 2012.
I told you that album will be released 2036 in 2008.

Now im telling you ''FUCK EROS''
Seriously, fuck it..

We're gonna keep dogging for Eros till the very end of their careers.
Code: [Select]

from_musings

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Nov 17, 2011, 12:54 AM
I told you that album will be released 2036

see? apparently you believe they're gonna release eros , so why not join the discussion? and there's always the possibility of a leak. hope is the last thing to die