Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Electron§

And then Frank did vocals right?

luisch

Quote from: Electron§ on May 14, 2012, 03:15 AM
Chi played some guitar on Eros?! What????

Check it out this interview, 2008

¿Are you playing all the guitars on the album?

No, Chino plays guitars on songs, too. Actually, we have this huge identity crisis in our band, I thnk. I play bass on some songs, I play keyboards on a couple songs and obviously I play guitar; Chino plays guitars and plays bass on a song. And on this record, Chi wants to explore his creative roots, so now he's playing guitar on a couple songs. Abe's obviously just playing drums; I'm like, "Abe, why don't you step out and grab a keyboard, man? Let me get back there, I'll throw a beat down; mix it up." Our attitude when we're jamming, you know we're just having fun, goofing around. And I don't mean goofing around like it doesn't matter; like have fun with it, it's music. I think if you stick to a certain set of rules all the time in music, you're limiting the music. Because you don't know what really can happen or what can came out if you just kind of let go and let it be what it's gonna be.

Ultimate Guitar
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Vesanic

Luis is right. In the intro of the Eros videos, you can see Chino holding a bass guitar and Chi holding a guitar, if I'm correct.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

That just made me hard abt Eros once again, damn it! Record just sounds idk.....I guess unimaginable still. In a great way ::)
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

momo

i was told that they were gonna do eros but idk what to believe anymore i need some update its been a while since ive been here and i feel real lost and stupid lol

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: momo on May 21, 2012, 01:12 PM
i was told that they were gonna do eros but idk what to believe anymore i need some update its been a while since ive been here and i feel real lost and stupid lol
read thru about the last 42 pages....don't believe it all tho. old news buddy

Inkblades

The fact that Chi is playing guitar on Eros is all the more reason why they should release it soon.

Electron§

I always thought it was very cool how intricate the song in the beginning of the Eros clips sounded, the drums and guitars and bass all kind of like go against each other, in a good way of course. When I first heard that it hyped me up so much because I thought it sounded alot like At the Drive In.

Electron§

Its kind of sad that everyones given up on this.... I mean theres not much we can do but.... Everyones so distracted by the prospect of the new album... We've lost sight of Eros....

from_musings

Quote from: Electron§ on Jun 28, 2012, 09:37 AM
Its kind of sad that everyones given up on this.... I mean theres not much we can do but.... Everyones so distracted by the prospect of the new album... We've lost sight of Eros....

i swear to you, if you ever get to hear eros, it won't be anywhere near as good as you think it is. i would guess there are some dope songs on it, no doubt, but i can't see how it can live up to the insane hype it has gotten. we will have new deftones music soon though, why not focus on that for now? we can go back to eros later  8)

Electron§

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 29, 2012, 07:18 PM

i swear to you, if you ever get to hear eros, it won't be anywhere near as good as you think it is.

Well I agree with that, but I really hope there is an off chance that I fall madly in love with it just like i did with s/t and snw (when i first heard a few songs from that album).

from_musings

i'm sure we will dig it, just not as much as we think, due to the hype. i don't think we will hear it during deftones active years though, maybe they will release it after they split up, like misfits released their scrapped static age album after they disbanded. or, eros will rot away in a safe forever

deftoner664

http://youtu.be/hiziwCc3A9Q

Dunno if these small snippets have ever been surfaced (My bad if they have) but I figured it  would be something to spark this thread back up... Hope the new album has a similar dark grungy sound that Stef is doing here in this Eros session..
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

normsteez

Quote from: deftoner664 on Jul 28, 2012, 02:19 AM

Dunno if these small snippets have ever been surfaced (My bad if they have) but I figured it  would be something to spark this thread back up... Hope the new album has a similar dark grungy sound that Stef is doing here in this Eros session..

yeah buddy, these snippets have been available for 4 years. This guy just compiled them into one video.

On a side note, Eros is the last thing on my mind. We are going to be hearing brand new material at any time now.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

RollerDerby

Even with the new album creeping it's way here, and even with all the hype, I believe there is something here that we're all anticipating. I'm excited as hell for October 9th to come, but it doesn't down my eagerness for Chi to wake up/Eros being released. Each album has diversified the band's sound, I need Eros.
"Carve your niche."

pony_01

Quote from: deftoner664 on Jul 28, 2012, 02:19 AM

whoa never heard of this before! great find!

TheShade1989

Rosemary to me is the vibe I'd imagine to get frm Eros. I guess heavier, but it has that dark and slightly more experimental vibe to it. Honestly, I think ppl would be disappointed if we gt to hear Eros. I dont say that because of the music, but purely because it's been hyped up and anticipated for yrs that I doubt it'd really live up to anyone's expectations.

sing blue silver

We'll never hear it anyway so let's just be happy with what we've got.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Expectations as far as what? Who said it was the best fawkin record ever anyways? All I expected was for it to be released so as far as being dissappointed, it would have to be thinner that DE for me. Expectations are in your imaginations. It's just another record they wrote that never was released. Not a record they wrote that you should expect to be pure bliss just because it was locked up or Chi jammed on it.  :)

RollerDerby

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Jul 29, 2012, 10:50 PM
Expectations as far as what? Who said it was the best fawkin record ever anyways? All I expected was for it to be released so as far as being dissappointed, it would have to be thinner that DE for me. Expectations are in your imaginations. It's just another record they wrote that never was released. Not a record they wrote that you should expect to be pure bliss just because it was locked up or Chi jammed on it.  :)

I simply want to hear it.
"Carve your niche."