Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I don't see any similarities apart from the claps

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: iceache on Jan 06, 2013, 03:57 AM
Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jan 05, 2013, 11:43 PM
Quote from: SIGH on Nov 16, 2012, 07:10 PM
Anyone else feel like "KNY" has some re-worked Eros material??

Was this not their fastest album (writing/recording time-wise)?

I kind of feel like Poltergeist is a sped-up reworked version of Finger of Death...just my take on it.

What?

They're not even remotely similar in any musical fashion.

TO ME, the slow part that Stef is playing at the beginning FOD sounds like the verse in Poltergeist, just sped up. The "chorus" of FOD sounds like a slower part to the "I let you pretend..." part in Poltergeist. I just hear similar note changes in Stef's part. That is all. Just my take. Is it that hard of concept to think that Stef might've reworked FOD to Poltergeist.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Vesanic

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jan 06, 2013, 09:20 PM
Is it that hard of concept to think that Stef might've reworked FOD to Poltergeist.

Yes, it is, actually. As iceache has stated, they're not remotely similar in anyway. They're both heavy songs, I'll give you that, but they don't play at the same level of heaviness either.

dictatesofreason

Finger of Death is way better song :)

deftoner664

I don't think my anticipation/longing to hear this album will ever die... 

Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

pinkmaggit

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Jan 07, 2013, 09:31 AM

No it's not and that's a fact.
FOD isn't even a song, a song is sung and there's no vocals in FOD.
Despite the fact that it doesn't have vocals, it sounds nothing like Poltergeist, not even close!

I kind of feel like Poltergeist is a sped-up reworked version of Finger of Death...just my take on it.

I kind of feel like you're starting an argument for the sake of it.
........................ ;)

DeftonesNZ

FOD/Bufallo does have vocals you've obviously only heard the instrumental demo listen to the live version from anaheim 09-30-2004

Deftones - Buffalo

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Jan 13, 2013, 04:22 AM

Despite the fact that it doesn't have vocals, it sounds nothing like Poltergeist, not even close!

Fuck you dude and fuck all the rest of you (all 3 of you haha) who are so butthurt at my IDEA/OPINION that both these songs are similar. I wasn't starting an argument...just throwing around discussion. I WAS JUST SAYING IT MIGHT BE A RE-WORKED SONG. Shit. I didn't claim that it IS or that I have proof...once again..just my IDEA that it MIGHT be. Just what I hear...holy fucking shit. If you guys don't agree, no need to fucking make me feel like a fucking dumb-ass. Just say, "nah, not really" and just move on. And since when is an argument 3 replies to ONE fucking post. I don't get you guys sometimes...
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

DeftonesNZ

Haha i didn't try have a go at you I just said I didn't see it.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jan 13, 2013, 07:16 AM
Haha i didn't try have a go at you I just said I didn't see it.

Well...except you sweetie ;P
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

dictatesofreason

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Jan 13, 2013, 04:22 AM

you area fucking idiot, why dont you do some research before you think, and realize that the majority of real tones fans live buffalo, yea it may never see the light of day , and people are tired of the hype it gets yes, but fuck it all you people are just maladroits-its good song it outdhines polter and if you just became a fan from the last two albums shut the fuck up you dont know there music well enough to judge man

fuck you all this songs badass
im out

deftoner664

Chino never finished all the vocals on Eros, right?, anyone?....

ignore the fashion

Quote from: deftoner664 on Feb 17, 2013, 12:33 AM

Correct.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jan 13, 2013, 04:38 AM
FOD/Bufallo does have vocals you've obviously only heard the instrumental demo listen to the live version from anaheim 09-30-2004

Deftones - Buffalo

It DOES NOT have vocals, in the sense that there are no actual words... Only moaning/crooning/mumbling if you will, but no actual lyrics... It's obvious that he was just trying to get a feel for the melody but no actual lyrics... Don't know if that helps or is destroying this conversation. Later!
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

DeftonesNZ

That's why I didn't say lyrics lol still counts as vocals

deftoner664

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Feb 21, 2013, 10:41 AM

Correct.

That sucks... Because, I really think that will be another reason this album will never grace our presence, because even if Chi does make a miraculous recovery, I doubt Chino will ever have the mindset to go that far back to a time and place where he was at a different point musically to finish the vocals to complete this album... Only way I see it releasing is like years down the road after Deftones are no more, and Warner wants to pump some cash from their name with the songs that were completed and mastered... Still, that me dreaming..

nicklav

Correct.

Got a source? I've always heard conflicting accounts of this and I'd like to know once and for all.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: nicklav on Feb 22, 2013, 12:57 AM

Correct.

Got a source? I've always heard conflicting accounts of this and I'd like to know once and for all.
Can't remember what it was on but the guys were joking in an interview around eros time and Chino was saying how Stephen was playing lots of golf and on-line poker and the rest of the guys said something like we can do want we now we've got all our stuff done and Chino said something like yeah fair enough I'm almost though and then we're all going to be busy.

Sunbath

Correct.

I'm sure there's actual sources in this topic but it's been stated in multiple interviews by possibly every band member that the music was finished and vocals got half-way done..

ignore the fashion

Correct.

Here is a quote from an interview with Stef.

QuoteI'm interested in the circumstances surrounding the making of Diamond Eyes. It's unique considering the Chi situation and the postponement of Eros.

When it relates to Chi, it's two different Deftones. On one hand, we have Chi and a record that is nearly finished; it's not all the way finished. The music is [done], but it's just not all the way finished. It's two separate entities, because we're all focused on what's going on with Chi and we can get a little emotional about that. But we balance it out by having this other Deftones where we're all having a great time making music and doing this record. That's what it comes down to.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/06/11/all-eyes-on-the-deftones-the-stephen-carpenter-interview/

Also found this as well.

QuoteYou had Eros written, but not recorded, before it...

FD: Yeah, pretty much. Chino was still doing vocals on half the tracks [before the accident], but music-wise it had been finished for a while.

http://thequietus.com/articles/04377-deftones-interview-diamond-eyesr