Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainnyx4

The whole "only have way done with his vocals" thing could mean two different things.  On the optimistic side, he's already written all the vocals for the songs, just didn't get around to recording half of them.  On the other hand, it could mean that he never wrote lyrics or melodies for half of the songs.  That would suck.  Knowing both their hesitancy to revisit old stuff and their notorious laziness, the chances of Chino writing lyrics and vocal melodies for stuff that is years old would be pretty much zero.  If that was the case, the best we could hope for would be an EP.

pinkmaggit

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Jan 13, 2013, 11:47 AM
Quote from: pinkmaggit on Jan 13, 2013, 04:22 AM
Quote from: dictatesofreason on Jan 07, 2013, 09:31 AM
Finger of Death is way better song :)

No it's not and that's a fact.
FOD isn't even a song, a song is sung and there's no vocals in FOD.
Despite the fact that it doesn't have vocals, it sounds nothing like Poltergeist, not even close!

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jan 05, 2013, 11:43 PM

I kind of feel like Poltergeist is a sped-up reworked version of Finger of Death...just my take on it.

I kind of feel like you're starting an argument for the sake of it.

you area fucking idiot, why dont you do some research before you think, and realize that the majority of real tones fans live buffalo, yea it may never see the light of day , and people are tired of the hype it gets yes, but fuck it all you people are just maladroits-its good song it outdhines polter and if you just became a fan from the last two albums shut the fuck up you dont know there music well enough to judge man

fuck you all this songs badass
im out

Wow, you really know how to throw a little temper tantrum.
Did you run off and go and break one of your toys or do you think this is at last your time to act tough because you're on the internet hiding behind your computer?
You seem very touchy, is it your time of the month?
How would you even know from which album I became a fan?
Lastly before you use fancy words like maladroit why don't you actually check what they mean first fool.
Jeez your sentence doesn't even make sense, I don't know why I'm stooping to your level by replying.
Thanks DeftonesNZ, I never realized there was a version with vocals - understanding what the fuss is about now!
Chill out Jerry_Curls, noones trying to pull you down, sorry should have put a wink next to my reply.

dictatesofreason

mother fucker
i dont hide behind my"compute screen" as you put it , i dont live on this board like some people do
im just tired of eros, and any related material getting put down-this page is for it, NOT against it

and if you wana keep talking, PM me guy.

Hank

I think we all will hear this album within 2-3 years after they hang it up .

pinkmaggit

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Feb 28, 2013, 10:19 PM
mother fucker
i dont hide behind my"compute screen" as you put it , i dont live on this board like some people do
im just tired of eros, and any related material getting put down-this page is for it, NOT against it

Who's putting down Eros?
A bit difficult to do seeing as though we haven't heard it yet.
Calm down, go punch a wall or something.

pinkmaggit

Quote from: Hank on Mar 01, 2013, 01:43 AM

I think we all will hear this album within 2-3 years after they hang it up .

I'm afraid you're probably right :( - when I first heard Melanie I never thought I'd still be waiting or even have to wait til after they've called it a day to hear the studio version.

nineteen

I don't want to go down the 'Will they end' route but I'd certainly love them to end at a high point (Dare I say currently). Nothing worse than fading away but I know that's subjective.... As long as I can see them a few more times obviously.

dictatesofreason

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Mar 01, 2013, 07:51 PM
mother fucker

Who's putting down Eros?

i masterbated angrily to twilight i feel better now

using generalization confuses some people, by EROS i meant BUFFALO, which we have heard.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Feb 28, 2013, 05:10 PM
Quote from: dictatesofreason on Jan 13, 2013, 11:47 AM
Quote from: pinkmaggit on Jan 13, 2013, 04:22 AM
Quote from: dictatesofreason on Jan 07, 2013, 09:31 AM
Finger of Death is way better song :)

No it's not and that's a fact.
FOD isn't even a song, a song is sung and there's no vocals in FOD.
Despite the fact that it doesn't have vocals, it sounds nothing like Poltergeist, not even close!

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jan 05, 2013, 11:43 PM

I kind of feel like Poltergeist is a sped-up reworked version of Finger of Death...just my take on it.

I kind of feel like you're starting an argument for the sake of it.

you area fucking idiot, why dont you do some research before you think, and realize that the majority of real tones fans live buffalo, yea it may never see the light of day , and people are tired of the hype it gets yes, but fuck it all you people are just maladroits-its good song it outdhines polter and if you just became a fan from the last two albums shut the fuck up you dont know there music well enough to judge man

fuck you all this songs badass
im out

Wow, you really know how to throw a little temper tantrum.
Did you run off and go and break one of your toys or do you think this is at last your time to act tough because you're on the internet hiding behind your computer?
You seem very touchy, is it your time of the month?
How would you even know from which album I became a fan?
Lastly before you use fancy words like maladroit why don't you actually check what they mean first fool.
Jeez your sentence doesn't even make sense, I don't know why I'm stooping to your level by replying.
Thanks DeftonesNZ, I never realized there was a version with vocals - understanding what the fuss is about now!
Chill out Jerry_Curls, noones trying to pull you down, sorry should have put a wink next to my reply.

I would LOVE if you edited your post with a wink. KTHXBYE :)
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

play

Holy mother fuck. I want to hear this album. I want the anti-melody back.

Electron§

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Mar 02, 2013, 02:49 AM
Quote from: pinkmaggit on Mar 01, 2013, 07:51 PM
mother fucker

Who's putting down Eros?

i masterbated angrily to twilight i feel better now

using generalization confuses some people, by EROS i meant BUFFALO, which we have heard.

"Buffalo" isn't from Eros. But if it was, I think that'd be a pretty good reason for people to get excited about this album ever being potentially released.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah for memory Buffalo is a SNW era song, Melanie is the Eros song. I really want to hear studio versions of both

Electron§

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Mar 03, 2013, 07:56 AM
Yeah for memory Buffalo is a SNW era song, Melanie is the Eros song. I really want to hear studio versions of both

Correct, "Buffalo/Finger of Death" was first performed in September 2004 in Anaheim at one of their shows, thats before a majority SNW songs were probably even thought of yet, so unless they planned two albums in advance, theres no way that song was supposed to be on Eros.

snw9

Quote from: Electron§ on Mar 03, 2013, 08:03 AM

Correct, "Buffalo/Finger of Death" was first performed in September 2004 in Anaheim at one of their shows, thats before a majority SNW songs were probably even thought of yet, so unless they planned two albums in advance, theres no way that song was supposed to be on Eros.

After deftones 2003, the SNW Era began and the writing started in 2004. From the Malibu sessions, Buffalo/Finger of Death was born.
Code: [Select]

snw9

I'd like to hear Melanie, even if the studio demo like Buffalo, the riff on an 8-string will sound amazing!
Code: [Select]

BunsRaisinsPies

I'm gonna bump this thread mainly because I found something interesting.

Searching around Google for Eros clues, I came across this graphic designer who conceptualized his idea of Eros CD packaging, complete with tentative songs and stuff. Pretty cool shit

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Deftones-Eros-CD-Packaging-Design/5725849

sing blue silver

Already been posted in here before but it is a neat idea.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 04, 2013, 12:28 PM

After deftones 2003, the SNW Era began and the writing started in 2004. From the Malibu sessions, Buffalo/Finger of Death was born.

I was at the show the day before this one ;-) I'm looking at some of those promo posters they were giving at this tours' shows (searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know spring 2005 and then another one from Taste of Chaos tour that says "Jesus Loves You-I know" and says Deftones New Album Summer 2006) and I love how uncertain/pushed back SNW was...so when were the Malibu sessions? Right after S/T tour in Spring 2004? or after the Hollywood/Anaheim HOB shows?

p.s. sorry to get off EROS topic :-)
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

nicklav

Thanks to everyone who answered my question a page back or so.

buddyboy101

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Mar 17, 2013, 02:58 AM
Quote from: snw9 on Mar 04, 2013, 12:28 PM

I was at the show the day before this one ;-) I'm looking at some of those promo posters they were giving at this tours' shows (searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know spring 2005 and then another one from Taste of Chaos tour that says "Jesus Loves You-I know" and says Deftones New Album Summer 2006) and I love how uncertain/pushed back SNW was...so when were the Malibu sessions? Right after S/T tour in Spring 2004? or after the Hollywood/Anaheim HOB shows?

p.s. sorry to get off EROS topic :-)

Never saw that Taste of Chaos poster, you have a pic?  The "searching the machine" posters were from the mini-tour in fall 2004 (no 2005 shows) when the band headed to Connecticut (the tour ended in Hartford), where they would hook up with Ezrin to record SNW at the end of 2004 and early 2005.  Prior to this, they were writing in Malibu (cerca Feb-Aug 2004).