Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

KFC WTF?!

Started by raynor, Apr 19, 2010, 08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derekautomatica

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: raynor on Apr 28, 2010, 08:54 PM
Ah really? That cool. How's a kobe beef by the way? Does it live up to it's hype/price?

And you know I wasn't really dissing you or anything for eating kobe beef, just stating how crazy it is that food is being sent all over. They even have Grissini (italian breadsticks) imported from Italy here in the supermarket. Fucking bread sticks! Just seems like a big hey-fuck-ya to logistics.

Oh I know man, no worries, I definitely didn't say it right the first time.  But yeah, I haven't had the imported stuff, I've heard the steaks in Vegas can be like 60-70 bucks if not more, fucking crazy.  The burgers at that place really are fuckin awesome and reasonably priced, all <$12.  They're so fatty and juicy and delicious, definitely a delicacy... and unhealthy. 

Haha, who would import fuckin breadsticks?  How can you get better breadsticks than the ones at the Olive Garden anyways?  But at least that's not like over the ocean, I can't imagine how much more air transport costs compared to ground.

blixa

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Apr 27, 2010, 09:28 PM
Quote from: Nailec on Apr 26, 2010, 10:17 PM
lol@
-the comparision between blixa and the nazis (i know such argumentation is more common outside germany. but still, i would punch you in the face for that and force you to give an excuse in front of a jewish person)

I was not comparing blixa to the Nazis, I was comparing the hardcore environmental movement to the Nazi movement.  Obviously there are stark, clear contrasts between the two, but there are very few movements that have used a "religious" belief in their cause (i say religious because the environmental/global warming/climate change movement operates like a faith-based movement in that no attempts at bringing any sort of reason to their attention have any effect) to cause so much death across the globe.  You have to realize that it's not the big, evil corporations that take a hit because of environmental regulations.  It is every single person that uses energy or has the potential to in the entire world.  Because of the animal rights movement and the enormous costs it's imposed on food purveyors, people in third world countries starve.  That is economic fact, and it's something COMPLETELY ignored by all of these Al Gore types and people like yourself.  So talk about how compassionate these people are, you just can't be ignorant to the fact that these movements slow the progress of all mankind, impoverishing the globe so #1 we'll inevitably be too poor to be able to have the discretionary resources to invest towards ground breaking, "green" energy and #2 people in third world countries will not be able to afford to industrialize and support themselves and in the process, PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE DYING.

And by the way, you're insanely ignorant for saying that global warming dissent is only given by corporate-supported, American hack-scientists.  Check out this list, I'm sure among the 700 papers, there's a few non-Americans.

http://www.populartechnology.net/2009/10/peer-reviewed-papers-supporting.html

Quote from: blixa on Apr 27, 2010, 03:38 AM
thank you, nailec. finally a person who responded maturely and intelligently.

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Apr 26, 2010, 07:35 PM
It's the unfortunate consequence of one's inability to intellectually win an argument...  Although she does tend to make some rather inflammatory statements from the standpoint of people who have a love, as opposed to a disdain for humanity.

what is so inflammatory about stating the FACT that animal agriculture is one of the leading causes of climate change. i'm paraphrasing natalie portman here when i say that the human cost of factory farming - both the compromised welfare of slaughterhouse workers and, even more, the environmental effects of the mass production of animals - is staggering. factory-farmed food is making hundreds of millions of dollars for CEOs of corporations at the expense of normal people.

the thing i can't respect is the willful forgetting, the kind of people who say "i simply don't want to think about it." it's like not saying something when someone says rape is alright. i think there are a lot of responsible conclusions one could reach about whether to eat animals. there's selective meat-eating from responsible growers and there's being a vegetarian.

it's an unpopular stance to say what i said but hell, i've never really been very popular here anyway and i don't care. i believe eating meat is wrong. that is my personal belief. i'm not saying that i would love to enforce this ideal on anyone. what i would love is for people to reconsider the impact of the way we not only kill our animals, but the way we treat them also. i think there should be harsher legislation passed to find more humane ways in which they are treated and killed.

I'm not saying pollution caused by agriculture is a good thing, it is most definitely something that needs to be constantly improved over time.  But you have to realize, there is not enough global wealth in our day and age to be able to devote the resources it would take to achieve your utopia-sort of really nice agriculture industry.  Does that mean that I don't think that companies that pollute should be brought to court by those who are affected by the pollution (which is a main reason I am such a fan of property rights)?  Hell no, I think that they should most certainly be sued.  But look, you're not just forcing their CEOs to take a hit on their salary when you make the companies incur these expenses, it increases prices for EVERYONE.  Watch this video, i beg of you.

http://media.mises.org/video/HS_2009/05_HS2009_Woods.wmv

and no one has given me a reasonable response as to how you can truly love animals yet be perfectly okay with eating them considering the way they are farmed and killed?

It's the ability to recognize the fact that you need to be able to differentiate between human and animal rights, animals would not afford us the same rights we give to them if it came down to them needing to eat.  That's it.

i will watch your video if you read jonathan safran foer's book 'eating animals'. it's compelling and i think you will like it. it's not making a case for vegetarianism. it's just giving you facts and things you should know whether you eat meat or not.

apart of being vegan is a belief that i am not better than an animal. we deserve to be treated equally. because we do have the upper hand, it becomes our responsibility to make things better for them. why is it not okay to kick a cat or a dog yet it be okay for a cow to die in the worst conditions for the sake of being somebody's beef patty? i'm just asking for better methods and better ways to treat our animals. it has been proven that meat that comes from an animal who has not been distressed or fed hormones tastes better and is better for you. the thing is, people don't want to pay more for cruelty free and i think that is where the problem is. labels should also be better regulated. free range organic really doesn't mean much. let's look at turkeys: the turkey could have gotten just two minutes to walk about before they're put into a smaller cage. free range is just something that isn't really regulated and is only slapped on as a label to sell turkeys. if animals live decent lives and are killed humanely, i think that would help me sleep better. however, this is not the case in our society, so eating animals is bad.

Wax And Wane

I will save your life..

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: blixa on Apr 29, 2010, 05:27 PM
Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Apr 27, 2010, 09:28 PM
Quote from: Nailec on Apr 26, 2010, 10:17 PM
lol@
-the comparision between blixa and the nazis (i know such argumentation is more common outside germany. but still, i would punch you in the face for that and force you to give an excuse in front of a jewish person)

I was not comparing blixa to the Nazis, I was comparing the hardcore environmental movement to the Nazi movement.  Obviously there are stark, clear contrasts between the two, but there are very few movements that have used a "religious" belief in their cause (i say religious because the environmental/global warming/climate change movement operates like a faith-based movement in that no attempts at bringing any sort of reason to their attention have any effect) to cause so much death across the globe.  You have to realize that it's not the big, evil corporations that take a hit because of environmental regulations.  It is every single person that uses energy or has the potential to in the entire world.  Because of the animal rights movement and the enormous costs it's imposed on food purveyors, people in third world countries starve.  That is economic fact, and it's something COMPLETELY ignored by all of these Al Gore types and people like yourself.  So talk about how compassionate these people are, you just can't be ignorant to the fact that these movements slow the progress of all mankind, impoverishing the globe so #1 we'll inevitably be too poor to be able to have the discretionary resources to invest towards ground breaking, "green" energy and #2 people in third world countries will not be able to afford to industrialize and support themselves and in the process, PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE DYING.

And by the way, you're insanely ignorant for saying that global warming dissent is only given by corporate-supported, American hack-scientists.  Check out this list, I'm sure among the 700 papers, there's a few non-Americans.

http://www.populartechnology.net/2009/10/peer-reviewed-papers-supporting.html

Quote from: blixa on Apr 27, 2010, 03:38 AM
thank you, nailec. finally a person who responded maturely and intelligently.

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Apr 26, 2010, 07:35 PM
It's the unfortunate consequence of one's inability to intellectually win an argument...  Although she does tend to make some rather inflammatory statements from the standpoint of people who have a love, as opposed to a disdain for humanity.

what is so inflammatory about stating the FACT that animal agriculture is one of the leading causes of climate change. i'm paraphrasing natalie portman here when i say that the human cost of factory farming - both the compromised welfare of slaughterhouse workers and, even more, the environmental effects of the mass production of animals - is staggering. factory-farmed food is making hundreds of millions of dollars for CEOs of corporations at the expense of normal people.

the thing i can't respect is the willful forgetting, the kind of people who say "i simply don't want to think about it." it's like not saying something when someone says rape is alright. i think there are a lot of responsible conclusions one could reach about whether to eat animals. there's selective meat-eating from responsible growers and there's being a vegetarian.

it's an unpopular stance to say what i said but hell, i've never really been very popular here anyway and i don't care. i believe eating meat is wrong. that is my personal belief. i'm not saying that i would love to enforce this ideal on anyone. what i would love is for people to reconsider the impact of the way we not only kill our animals, but the way we treat them also. i think there should be harsher legislation passed to find more humane ways in which they are treated and killed.

I'm not saying pollution caused by agriculture is a good thing, it is most definitely something that needs to be constantly improved over time.  But you have to realize, there is not enough global wealth in our day and age to be able to devote the resources it would take to achieve your utopia-sort of really nice agriculture industry.  Does that mean that I don't think that companies that pollute should be brought to court by those who are affected by the pollution (which is a main reason I am such a fan of property rights)?  Hell no, I think that they should most certainly be sued.  But look, you're not just forcing their CEOs to take a hit on their salary when you make the companies incur these expenses, it increases prices for EVERYONE.  Watch this video, i beg of you.

http://media.mises.org/video/HS_2009/05_HS2009_Woods.wmv

and no one has given me a reasonable response as to how you can truly love animals yet be perfectly okay with eating them considering the way they are farmed and killed?

It's the ability to recognize the fact that you need to be able to differentiate between human and animal rights, animals would not afford us the same rights we give to them if it came down to them needing to eat.  That's it.

i will watch your video if you read jonathan safran foer's book 'eating animals'. it's compelling and i think you will like it. it's not making a case for vegetarianism. it's just giving you facts and things you should know whether you eat meat or not.

apart of being vegan is a belief that i am not better than an animal. we deserve to be treated equally. because we do have the upper hand, it becomes our responsibility to make things better for them. why is it not okay to kick a cat or a dog yet it be okay for a cow to die in the worst conditions for the sake of being somebody's beef patty? i'm just asking for better methods and better ways to treat our animals. it has been proven that meat that comes from an animal who has not been distressed or fed hormones tastes better and is better for you. the thing is, people don't want to pay more for cruelty free and i think that is where the problem is. labels should also be better regulated. free range organic really doesn't mean much. let's look at turkeys: the turkey could have gotten just two minutes to walk about before they're put into a smaller cage. free range is just something that isn't really regulated and is only slapped on as a label to sell turkeys. if animals live decent lives and are killed humanely, i think that would help me sleep better. however, this is not the case in our society, so eating animals is bad.

Well, I'm glad you can consider some form of moderation, and I'm totally with you about constant progression towards cruelty, pollution, whatever-free agriculture.  My point is, and the point of that video is that, because the utopian form of production would ultimately be far too expensive to sustain the world's population with today and prior years' technology, you have to be able to weigh the effects on the human population with the inhumanity of the process.  It's not that it's all evil capitalists who only care about a profit, look how many people they help, they make more food for everybody; for the richer countries so that they can export more cheaply to the poor countries, who then starve less. 

If you really want to help the animals, you have to realize that the world has to be able to become collectively wealthy enough to be able to afford to treat these animals more humanely, and by that I don't mean just the big food companies, I mean every person who buys food, that's who ultimately pays the costs.  Nailec said it up there, he would be a vegan but it's too expensive.  What you want to be for is sound monetary policy, private property rights, low taxes, with absolutely none related to savings and capital creation, enforced contracts, and little to no redistribution of wealth.  When you have that system, every single person is directly and indirectly benefited (a rising tide floats all boats), so much so, that there is such an abundance of resources that we would then be able to afford to buy a humane injection for every cow, chicken and pig we kill.  But regulating businesses, increasing costs, does not do anything to help the situation, does not make anyone wealthier.  It just entrenches the corporations that can afford these regulations, and are quite probably the most egregious violators of animal "rights," and ensures competitors do not spring up that would do better.  I firmly believe that if the costs were low enough, people would choose the more humane choice every time, so that's the reasonable thing to work towards.

wheresmysnare

QuoteWhat you want to be for is sound monetary policy, private property rights, low taxes, with absolutely none related to savings and capital creation, enforced contracts, and little to no redistribution of wealth.  When you have that system, every single person is directly and indirectly benefited (a rising tide floats all boats)

Yeah totally man, right on, don't know about you but i fancy a double down

wax

dont be surprised if you double down, then throw up

deftones86

Well i doubled down, cant really imagine eating this with out being high though...

alvarezbassist17

i just got high and ate one, and it was pretty good, nothing earth-shattering.  obviously it would be better if made fresh, personally.  but kudos to them for trying something weird.

derekautomatica

damn dude. you're gonna feel that later.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Oh come on...it's just two pieces of chicken, some cheese and some bacon. It's not that bad at all.

Jacob

yeah, honestly - how much healthier is the white bread you get your burger in? it's all junk food, it's all unhealthy and it will all make you fat if you eat too much of it.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

alvarezbassist17

Not me, I exercise.  I find that it's the easiest way to avoid getting fat.  Beats me why.

Jacob

even if you exercise you'll get fat if you eat too much junk food so I don't really understand your argument there. but yes, exercise is the easiest and best way to stay thin and healthy. someone who's careful with what they eat can still put on weight if they sit still all day.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

wax

Quote from: Jacob on May 11, 2010, 02:58 AM
even if you exercise you'll get fat if you eat too much junk food so I don't really understand your argument there. but yes, exercise is the easiest and best way to stay thin and healthy. someone who's careful with what they eat can still put on weight if they sit still all day.

some people can eat anything  metabolism

derekautomatica

one of my friends eats anything she fucking wants. but she works out a little and about two hours after she eats she shits it all out. it's all about the metabolism.

alvarezbassist17

I know, I should've been more clear, I get consistent anaerobic exercise.  I eat shitloads of shitty food and just lose fat at a slower rate, but mostly just gain muscle.  My mom even made me go get a physical and my cholesterol was super low, like 125 give or take a few.  I'm not trying to brag, I mean everyone's different obviously, but I was fat as a kid, and never really had much of a metabolism until I started building muscle, not like body builder style or anything, but eating extra protein right after lifting doesn't hurt either.

derekautomatica

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on May 11, 2010, 09:34 AM

I know, I should've been more clear, I get consistent anaerobic exercise.  I eat shitloads of shitty food and just lose fat at a slower rate, but mostly just gain muscle.  My mom even made me go get a physical and my cholesterol was super low, like 125 give or take a few.  I'm not trying to brag, I mean everyone's different obviously, but I was fat as a kid, and never really had much of a metabolism until I started building muscle, not like body builder style or anything, but eating extra protein right after lifting doesn't hurt either.

+1

i did the same thing playing football. Protein helps a lot.

Eros TBA

I Love Da Bucket

snw9

Its competitor Popeyes chicken is way better!
Code: [Select]