Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

KFC WTF?!

Started by raynor, Apr 19, 2010, 08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wax And Wane

Quote from: Jacob on Apr 23, 2010, 01:25 PM
Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Apr 23, 2010, 12:39 PM
We've been over this, damnit. American beer is great, but the major brewing companies make terrible, terrible pisswater.

I don't believe you. send me a couple of packs of your favorite american beer and I might change my mind.

Ha! It would be nice if that trick would work. Good try sir!  ;D
I will save your life..

Mascara Snake

Quote from: Penicks on Apr 23, 2010, 05:47 PM
Dude Mascara Snake, Leffe is not the good stuff. At all. You should try more local breweries. Delirium Tremens. Westmalle. God damn I want some of that.

My friends band is called Delirium Tremens (after the Christy Moore song though), Ive heard some good things about it, im gonna have to find some.  As far as Leffe is concerned, anything thats 6.8% and goes go's down as easy as it does cant be bad in my book!

Oh and that new Guinnes lager they are introducing is fuckin rank, stay clear!!

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

derekautomatica

Quote from: Mascara Snake on Apr 23, 2010, 11:39 PM
Quote from: Penicks on Apr 23, 2010, 05:47 PM
Dude Mascara Snake, Leffe is not the good stuff. At all. You should try more local breweries. Delirium Tremens. Westmalle. God damn I want some of that.

My friends band is called Delirium Tremens (after the Christy Moore song though), Ive heard some good things about it, im gonna have to find some.  As far as Leffe is concerned, anything thats 6.8% and goes go's down as easy as it does cant be bad in my book!

Oh and that new Guinnes lager they are introducing is fuckin rank, stay clear!!

Guinnes lager...ew. that's gonna be hella stiff.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: blixa on Apr 20, 2010, 05:08 PM
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Apr 20, 2010, 11:54 AM
Quote from: blixa on Apr 20, 2010, 04:24 AM
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Apr 19, 2010, 09:27 PM
Quote from: Jacob on Apr 19, 2010, 08:36 PM
I'd eat that. it'd be perfect after a long night out with lots of alcohol.

That's exactly what i was thinking, that thing would be amazing after a night out. The UK is so uptight since Jamie Oliver told everyone off for eating what they like.

The problem isn't the food, it's the fat fucks who have no self control or self respect and end up burdening the NHS with tripple heart bypasses. It means those who are responsible with what they eat are now being fucked over, take the banning of 'super sizing' at McDonalds as an example.

the food is APART of the problem. as far as i'm concerned, we will have less health problems if we start shutting these arseholes down. it's great you have self control but a large number of people don't.

You could say that about anything, if you take that view then they should have banned alcohol decades ago. The problem is education, parental upbringing and people lacking common sense. I know KFC and Mcdonalds taste good, i'd like to eat them every day but i'd be dead and for the vast amount of people that is an obvious fact.

I'd rather the Government passed a bill requiring fast food franchises to have a set of electronic weight scales set up at the entrance manned by a security guard. If you're too fat you are directed to a running track adjacent the drive thru, if you complete twelve laps in 24/hrs you may make a single purchase with diet coke. This would also provide entertainment for those sitting in the drive thru and those dining inside, this would drum up business and counter the severe losses in revenue associated with banning fat asses.

you can say that about everything. it's like if i stood there and made a gun shape with my hand and went "bang bang" it's not going to do shit. i'm actually going to need a gun to kill somebody. don't stop at alcohol, go for cigarettes, dairy products, drugs etc.

you can educate people as much as you want, it's going to come down to people controlling themselves and making choices. we've already established the fact that most people can't control themselves, wouldn't it be better if fast food companies did something as well. in australia they're raising the price of cigarette packets and alcohol. i work in a liquor shop so i am seeing the direct impact of those price hikes and when i get underage kids and drunks coming in, i refuse to sell them alcohol. some big industries have taken measures but fast food companies are way behind. kfc is the biggest evil in my eyes. it'll be a dream come true if it just fucking disappeared.

you can't tell how unhealthy a person is by their weight. i have a friend who is overweight yet she eats very healthy food and another friend who is a stick and eats oporto and mcdonalds every day. there's thyroid problems and stress and god knows what else. i'm not innocent in all this. i love fried food, i smoke A LOT and i drink shitloads of coffee. i am great at controlling myself though, especially around alcohol. i haven't gotten plastered in a very very long time.

Oh, give me a break.  What a bunch of pure hypocrisy.  You have heard of personal responsibility, right?  Just like you're responsible for smoking a lot of cigs (a vice i share), everybody else should be responsible for every single decision they make, no matter how misguided.  Once you place that responsibility on government, it's one of those cliche slippery slopes.  It's going on right now in America; admittedly the fast food companies are just goading on the movement to ban everything under the sun with all of these baconators and loaded steakhouse burgers (which are delicious, I might add), but seriously, it's gotten to the point where I can't think of much "unhealthy" behavior that isn't under fire or likely to be very soon.  Tanning booths are getting a tax hike, there isn't a quarter that I don't hear about the cigarette tax going up, one is disallowed from smoking in virtually every OUTDOOR public locale, I hear New York is working on a city-wide salt limitation, with similar discussions going on in Minnesota, the War on Drugs is imploding Mexico and as a consequence border states (and Mexico to a far greater degree) are losing their liberties, Mexicans and Americans are losing their lives at incredible rates, not to mention its entire premise is a violation of a human's natural rights.  And all of this is because our Congress is filled with people like you that truly believe that everybody is too fucking stupid to take care of themselves, so it's up to the smart people to take care of them, with money and loss of our liberties.  What the fuck is compassionate about that?

Apologies for just going off on you like that, I'm not against you holding those views, it's just that yours has been the dominant viewpoint in the world for decades now, and has used in legislation for far too long now.  Where is any of this great societal benefit that has come from the exponentially increasing control over peoples' lives?  Isn't the response always going to be that existing controls weren't followed well enough or just weren't Draconian enough in nature?  Can you not see how that philosophy has played out through history?  Do you think that there's just going to be some magic, benevolent politician that's going to go against the classic nature of someone in power when he achieves the ability to use "the public health" as an excuse to do whatever he wants?  Even if that happened, what then, if someone who had a philosophy you entirely disagreed with were then elected to that same position with those very same powers?

What are you going to say if smoking gives you cancer?  Are you going to say "I was too butt-stupid to quit and I wish someone would have regulated my behavior?"

blixa

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Apr 25, 2010, 07:02 AM
Quote from: blixa on Apr 20, 2010, 05:08 PM
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Apr 20, 2010, 11:54 AM
Quote from: blixa on Apr 20, 2010, 04:24 AM
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Apr 19, 2010, 09:27 PM
Quote from: Jacob on Apr 19, 2010, 08:36 PM
I'd eat that. it'd be perfect after a long night out with lots of alcohol.

That's exactly what i was thinking, that thing would be amazing after a night out. The UK is so uptight since Jamie Oliver told everyone off for eating what they like.

The problem isn't the food, it's the fat fucks who have no self control or self respect and end up burdening the NHS with tripple heart bypasses. It means those who are responsible with what they eat are now being fucked over, take the banning of 'super sizing' at McDonalds as an example.

the food is APART of the problem. as far as i'm concerned, we will have less health problems if we start shutting these arseholes down. it's great you have self control but a large number of people don't.

You could say that about anything, if you take that view then they should have banned alcohol decades ago. The problem is education, parental upbringing and people lacking common sense. I know KFC and Mcdonalds taste good, i'd like to eat them every day but i'd be dead and for the vast amount of people that is an obvious fact.

I'd rather the Government passed a bill requiring fast food franchises to have a set of electronic weight scales set up at the entrance manned by a security guard. If you're too fat you are directed to a running track adjacent the drive thru, if you complete twelve laps in 24/hrs you may make a single purchase with diet coke. This would also provide entertainment for those sitting in the drive thru and those dining inside, this would drum up business and counter the severe losses in revenue associated with banning fat asses.

you can say that about everything. it's like if i stood there and made a gun shape with my hand and went "bang bang" it's not going to do shit. i'm actually going to need a gun to kill somebody. don't stop at alcohol, go for cigarettes, dairy products, drugs etc.

you can educate people as much as you want, it's going to come down to people controlling themselves and making choices. we've already established the fact that most people can't control themselves, wouldn't it be better if fast food companies did something as well. in australia they're raising the price of cigarette packets and alcohol. i work in a liquor shop so i am seeing the direct impact of those price hikes and when i get underage kids and drunks coming in, i refuse to sell them alcohol. some big industries have taken measures but fast food companies are way behind. kfc is the biggest evil in my eyes. it'll be a dream come true if it just fucking disappeared.

you can't tell how unhealthy a person is by their weight. i have a friend who is overweight yet she eats very healthy food and another friend who is a stick and eats oporto and mcdonalds every day. there's thyroid problems and stress and god knows what else. i'm not innocent in all this. i love fried food, i smoke A LOT and i drink shitloads of coffee. i am great at controlling myself though, especially around alcohol. i haven't gotten plastered in a very very long time.

Oh, give me a break.  What a bunch of pure hypocrisy.  You have heard of personal responsibility, right?  Just like you're responsible for smoking a lot of cigs (a vice i share), everybody else should be responsible for every single decision they make, no matter how misguided.  Once you place that responsibility on government, it's one of those cliche slippery slopes.  It's going on right now in America; admittedly the fast food companies are just goading on the movement to ban everything under the sun with all of these baconators and loaded steakhouse burgers (which are delicious, I might add), but seriously, it's gotten to the point where I can't think of much "unhealthy" behavior that isn't under fire or likely to be very soon.  Tanning booths are getting a tax hike, there isn't a quarter that I don't hear about the cigarette tax going up, one is disallowed from smoking in virtually every OUTDOOR public locale, I hear New York is working on a city-wide salt limitation, with similar discussions going on in Minnesota, the War on Drugs is imploding Mexico and as a consequence border states (and Mexico to a far greater degree) are losing their liberties, Mexicans and Americans are losing their lives at incredible rates, not to mention its entire premise is a violation of a human's natural rights.  And all of this is because our Congress is filled with people like you that truly believe that everybody is too fucking stupid to take care of themselves, so it's up to the smart people to take care of them, with money and loss of our liberties.  What the fuck is compassionate about that?

Apologies for just going off on you like that, I'm not against you holding those views, it's just that yours has been the dominant viewpoint in the world for decades now, and has used in legislation for far too long now.  Where is any of this great societal benefit that has come from the exponentially increasing control over peoples' lives?  Isn't the response always going to be that existing controls weren't followed well enough or just weren't Draconian enough in nature?  Can you not see how that philosophy has played out through history?  Do you think that there's just going to be some magic, benevolent politician that's going to go against the classic nature of someone in power when he achieves the ability to use "the public health" as an excuse to do whatever he wants?  Even if that happened, what then, if someone who had a philosophy you entirely disagreed with were then elected to that same position with those very same powers?

What are you going to say if smoking gives you cancer?  Are you going to say "I was too butt-stupid to quit and I wish someone would have regulated my behavior?"

some people are too fucking stupid to take care of themselves. that is the thing. if tomorrow i woke up and i couldn't buy cigarettes because they were banned then that is when i'll stop smoking. otherwise i'll continue smoking because it's there and easily accessible to me. it does shit me that i cannot smoke in bars and in certain places outside but those legislations have been effective in me cutting down on how much i smoke so i welcome it. i know it's there for the betterment of my health. what the fuck do i have to complain about?

shoot me for wanting the fast food companies to make their foods healthier. just because it's fast food doesn't mean it has to be rubbish. some people have no control and if we need legislation to control it then so be it. in a utopian society there will be kfc, no cigarettes, no alcohol.

if that makes me a hypocrite then i'm a hypocrite. oh, look, she wants fast food joints shut down but she's a smoker. the reason i want kfc gone is from the animal rights stand point. there is no distinction between animal cruelty and eating meat. eating animals is cruel. the way animals are used is cruel. they way they are bred to be murdered is cruel. if they're passing legislation to put pictures on cigarette packets:

then they should put massive pictures of the effects of fast food in kfc, mcdonalds, hungry jacks, and everywhere else. why should they be exempt.

Vesanic

Quote from: blixa on Apr 26, 2010, 05:34 PM
there is no distinction between animal cruelty and eating meat. eating animals is cruel.

For fuck sake...

White Pwny

I get that some people don't eat meat..... I get it.   But I really HATE when they have to start peddling their propaganda about how it's animal cruelty.     Jesus himself ate fish...   that cruel bastid...
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Vesanic

Yeah, really. I also get that people don't eat meat, but if I were a veggie I wouldn't be always about to call every person who eats meat an insensible murderer. I don't call veggies pussies for what they do.

And you don't call a lion a cruel asshole for eating zebras, do you ?

White Pwny

and since we are on it...   I don't think the government should exist to put their thumb on what I do.    We do have a constitution.. and no where did I see them say they would regulate how the fuck I live my life.   If I want to kill myself eating KFC, smoking... or drinking.. then I should be allowed to do so.   I don't need the government breathing down my throat about how I live my life.      Sure, some people have no control.. and it's their fucking right to not have it!         Yes, now the government has in some way stepped in and banned me from smoking in bars and such...  it's not to regulate MY life... it's to make it nice for the non smokers.. and I have no problem going outside to smoke.     But in my own space,  I should be able to eat what I wish.. and smoke as many cigarettes as I wish...   and it should not be a govermental issue at all.

blixa

Quote from: White Pwny on Apr 26, 2010, 05:39 PM
I get that some people don't eat meat..... I get it.   But I really HATE when they have to start peddling their propaganda about how it's animal cruelty.     Jesus himself ate fish...   that cruel bastid...

i'm not peddling propaganda. these are facts that are out there for you to find if you go looking. do you realise that the number one reason for climate change is animal agriculture? do you realise that livestock in factory farms cover 30% of the earth's surface? no, you don't because you're only told to not drive so much and to reduce the amount of energy you use. nothing about your diet.

if you want to talk about jesus then let's talk about jesus because yes, the way we treated animals during his time is exactly how we treat them now? there's scripture about him biting into a big hamburger that came from a factory farm. that's utter bull. we breed animals specifically to be killed now. if you participate in buying meat then you have a direct hand in that cruelty. i used to eat meat myself. i thought i loved animals too but i was ignorant of that love, i didn't know what it meant. i loved them, or i thought i did, but i did not respect them because i was saying yes to them being killed so i could eat a sausage roll.

newsflash: i am a vegan so that is what i believe about people who eat meat, and i'm speaking for myself, not other vegans. i don't believe you can love animals yet eat them at the same time. period. you can tell yourself whatever you want but if you eat meat then you just love animals purely for their flesh. nothing to do with them being anything else other than a commodity.

White Pwny

I'm pretty sure that Jesus himself would love a good burger.       And of course it wasn't like it is now in "Jesus times"  however.. he still did eat fish.    Is that cruel?    You can say what you wish about how I have a hand in animal cruelty, and it's your opinion.   

I just like good food.     

Furthermore... I've never driven past a pasture and thought... "Ohhh how I love those cows..."      So yeah, they may be a commodity.   It is what it is.

devilinside

Quote from: White Pwny on Apr 26, 2010, 06:04 PM
I'm pretty sure that Jesus himself would love a good burger.     

I needed that laugh.

Vesanic

McDonaaaald's, palapapapa, Jesus' lovin' it.

White Pwny

I do what I can, Kelly.   =)

sing blue silver

Quote from: blixa on Apr 26, 2010, 05:59 PM
I get that some people don't eat meat..... I get it.   But I really HATE when they have to start peddling their propaganda about how it's animal cruelty.     Jesus himself ate fish...   that cruel bastid...

i'm not peddling propaganda. these are facts that are out there for you to find if you go looking. do you realise that the number one reason for climate change is animal agriculture? do you realise that livestock in factory farms cover 30% of the earth's surface? no, you don't because you're only told to not drive so much and to reduce the amount of energy you use. nothing about your diet.

if you want to talk about jesus then let's talk about jesus because yes, the way we treated animals during his time is exactly how we treat them now? there's scripture about him biting into a big hamburger that came from a factory farm. that's utter bull. we breed animals specifically to be killed now. if you participate in buying meat then you have a direct hand in that cruelty. i used to eat meat myself. i thought i loved animals too but i was ignorant of that love, i didn't know what it meant. i loved them, or i thought i did, but i did not respect them because i was saying yes to them being killed so i could eat a sausage roll.

newsflash: i am a vegan so that is what i believe about people who eat meat, and i'm speaking for myself, not other vegans. i don't believe you can love animals yet eat them at the same time. period. you can tell yourself whatever you want but if you eat meat then you just love animals purely for their flesh. nothing to do with them being anything else other than a commodity.

the more i read what you say on here the more i hate you. self righteous preachy cunt. get off that high horse of yours. if you don't want to eat meat that's fine and dandy but you don't have to have this elitist attitude about it. i agree that animal agriculture as we know it is not the best thing for the earth but annoying vegan hippies never changed anything. don't try and bring other people down because their beliefs aren't the same as yours. that's called being a fucking douchebag so how's about you...

White Pwny

Jesus may have been more of a Burger King  "have it your way" kind of guy.

blixa

I'm pretty sure that Jesus himself would love a good burger.       And of course it wasn't like it is now in "Jesus times"  however.. he still did eat fish.    Is that cruel?    You can say what you wish about how I have a hand in animal cruelty, and it's your opinion.   

I just like good food.     

Furthermore... I've never driven past a pasture and thought... "Ohhh how I love those cows..."      So yeah, they may be a commodity.   It is what it is.

i'm pretty sure people that have written a thesis about his diet would say otherwise. my lecturer is doing that and he talks about it in class and i find the whole thing interesting. when you are a person of god you forego eating any flesh. look at many religious leaders in eastern christianity and majority of them are vegans.

i feel like i've done this before on here when i was 17 and i don't feel like repeating myself. if you want to believe that you can eat meat and still love cute and cuddly animals then you can believe that. i believe otherwise and that is that.

i am glad to see you admitting that you find animals a commodity though. not many meat eaters can admit that. they just get defensive and talk about their dogs. which is hilarious because dog meat is meant to be the tastiest of the lot. i can't wait till they have dog and cat factory farms. i would love to drive past those...

devilinside

No way..Wendy's "WHERE'S THE BEEF?!?"

sing blue silver

Quote from: White Pwny on Apr 26, 2010, 06:19 PM
Jesus may have been more of a Burger King  "have it your way" kind of guy.

i'd think he was more of a wendy's triple baconator guy. i know when i eat it it's like a religious experience.

Quote from: blixa on Apr 26, 2010, 06:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that Jesus himself would love a good burger.       And of course it wasn't like it is now in "Jesus times"  however.. he still did eat fish.    Is that cruel?    You can say what you wish about how I have a hand in animal cruelty, and it's your opinion.    

I just like good food.    

Furthermore... I've never driven past a pasture and thought... "Ohhh how I love those cows..."      So yeah, they may be a commodity.   It is what it is.

i'm pretty sure people that have written a thesis about his diet would say otherwise. my lecturer is doing that and he talks about it in class and i find the whole thing interesting. when you are a person of god you forego eating any flesh. look at many religious leaders in eastern christianity and majority of them are vegans.

i feel like i've done this before on here when i was 17 and i don't feel like repeating myself. if you want to believe that you can eat meat and still love cute and cuddly animals then you can believe that. i believe otherwise and that is that.

i am glad to see you admitting that you find animals a commodity though. not many meat eaters can admit that. they just get defensive and talk about their dogs. which is hilarious because dog meat is meant to be the tastiest of the lot. i can't wait till they have dog and cat factory farms. i would love to drive past those...

oh so you're one of those college hippies just spewing back out shit their professors told them and passing it off as their own opinion. man...you fucking suck. what should we do with cows besides eat them? they're fucking useless. you are the embodiment of everything i hate.

blixa

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 26, 2010, 06:18 PM
Quote from: blixa on Apr 26, 2010, 05:59 PM

the more i read what you say on here the more i hate you. self righteous preachy cunt. get off that high horse of yours. if you don't want to eat meat that's fine and dandy but you don't have to have this elitist attitude about it. i agree that animal agriculture as we know it is not the best thing for the earth but annoying vegan hippies never changed anything. don't try and bring other people down because their beliefs aren't the same as yours. that's called being a fucking douchebag so how's about you...

i'm not talking about beliefs. killing animals the way we kill them now is cruel. that is fact.

hate me all you want. it doesn't change things. if you think i'm preaching then don't fucking read it. i'm hardly being elitist. i'm telling you that factory farmed meat is cruel and it is the number one reason for climate change and water pollution.

i find it funny that no one has put forth a sensible post. it's all "hippie" this and "i love burgers" that. i guess some things haven't changed.