Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Quote from: pony_01 on Jun 07, 2011, 09:02 PM
did anyone remember the fake lovers cover? the one with a phonebooth and deftones logo on it.

Never saw it, would love to !

from_musings

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jun 07, 2011, 04:43 PM
Really? I find the opening so much more bludgeoning than the opening of moana. Lovers just explodes and never let's up. Definitely a bigger guitar sound. The soft intro of moana goes on too long. How the he'll is lovers mellow and sweet? We're talking about the same song right?

the moana intro is scary and gives the listener a hint of that something bad is about to happen... and then BAM, it strikes and unleach hell in your face. i think Moana is much more vicious ,mean sounding and attacking while lovers is more of a dreamy song. I've had this discussion with defmkjkj22 and also hidalgo (who think they can can put lovers just about anywhere without it affecting a carefully chosen order of songs "hey it's a good song just put it in there, st sucks so it doesn't matter where") so i think i've said it all. it's cool that a song can sound so different in our ears though  :) ??? :)

pony_01

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 07, 2011, 09:51 PM
did anyone remember the fake lovers cover? the one with a phonebooth and deftones logo on it.

i seen it on the old deftonesworld.com i think. but then i lost it.

Vesanic

There's supposed to be a new interview here

www.mtv.ca/news/article.jhtml?id=33095

Or here

http://www.mtv.ca/news/video_content.jhtml?id=1665402

But copyright restrictions won't let the video play here, so if any of our U.S folks could help us out...

iceache

mtv.ca is the canadian site.

Starting to sound like a 2012 album. Gonna write on their downtime, then finish touring, then go in to record or write some more, whatever comes of it.

Shit.. I didn't realize that they've got almost 2 months of downtime between tours.. Lots of time to write a new album if they have the momentum.

Then they tour until September 3rd, so after that, it's either more writing or maybe recording... so.. might be an early 2012 record.

Vesanic

Quote from: iceache on Jun 10, 2011, 03:29 PM
mtv.ca is the canadian site.

Woops, thought .ca stood for California, I'm a moron.

Inkblades

In this video, when they are talking about Chi, they show a picture of someone THAT ISN'T CHI. MTV are fucking amateurs.

Vesanic

sing blue silver

Quote from: Inkblades on Jun 10, 2011, 04:56 PM
In this video, when they are talking about Chi, they show a picture of someone THAT ISN'T CHI. MTV are fucking amateurs.

hahaha, yeah what the fuck!

da fuck is this guy????

shine down unshy

sing blue silver

Quote from: shine down unshy on Jun 10, 2011, 11:03 PM
Maybe that's his brother?  

possibly but during the segment it was pretty obvious they thought it was chi.

Deftones reminisce about Warped Tour 1995 2006-03-11

wheresmysnare

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 07, 2011, 09:51 PM

shit i remember that with the tattoo kind of patternation around it

rufas

Quote from: iceache on Jun 10, 2011, 03:29 PM
Then they tour until September 3rd, so after that, it's either more writing or maybe recording... so.. might be an early 2012 record.

LOL

dawg

Vesanic

ponyx

Vesanic

http://www.moderndrummer.com/site/2011/06/deftones'-abe-cunningham/

Nice, long interview with Abe. Mostly about drums.

sing blue silver

Penicks