Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceache

I think I remember the Brian Dennehey thing from long ago, I think it was just another name for Lovers too

Vesanic

Vesanic

Found this interview on Vimeo but it's dubbed in Russian... If DefAlx could do something for us... ;)

Deftones Moscow

DefAlx

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 02, 2011, 11:17 PM
If DefAlx could do something for us... ;)

Thanks Vesanic. I was looking for this video, but unsuccessful. Ok, i'll try later. They spoke about Crosses, unreleased DVD, previously and current shows in russia and a little bit more. Stupid reporter says "Damond Eyes" instead "Diamond Eyes" :) Or is it me only who hear it?

DefAlx

Video begins with all this bullshit. Man tells that Deftones was in Russia 10 years ago first time, and he was there. Then girl says that she was 12 when deftones came in Moscow in 2001, and now she's 22 and able to be here.

Chino:
Yeah we remember our first show in Moscow. it was unreal and amazing. We came into the other side of the world, far away from home and saw crowd which sang along with us. they knew all our texts and responded to all our songs. And our last year show was like something weird. It's my lovely crowd all over the world.

I like some witch house music, but it's stupid name like nu-metal, just another label. It isn't witch house what we recorded, it's more like a post-rock, there's many synths but it's not a witch house, it's just new project that i made with couple of my friends just for fun. It's not a record that i just must to do, it's kind of my hobby. I think it's cool when everybody starts your own side-projects. To play music is much better than to play computer games. It is not matter if we're making music together or one by one, it's just funny pastime. Playing the music you can recognise new sides of yourself and it is a really good experience...

We were going to record live DVD, we wanted to capture this album because today is the last day of Diamond Eyes tour, then we're going to home and we'll write new songs, but we had no time to organize operators, sound engineers and all techical crew. It could be cool, as i previously said, russian people is one of my lovely crowd, however they don't always understand words of song, they feel pulse of the show, they understand when is chilling time and when is moshing time. Very dinamic crowd, and i like it.

We're still an undeground band. We pretty much known, but we never had this big success and worldwide hysteria, you know. We don't play often on TV and radio. People need to look for our music, that's why because we're undeground band.

Well, i didn't translate words of russian correspondent (sometime they just stupid), there's only Chino's answers.

Hope you're pleased. And sorry for my english just in case

Is there something new for you?

Deftones-argentina

it's ok, we understood everything, thanks axl.

Mixxel

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 28, 2011, 10:31 AM
Little story about the band from Big Day Out 2003 at 8:32:

BIG DAY OUT VAULT PIECES (2003)

BDO 2003 is one of my favorite Deftones gig's ive found out about on youtube.
Love the Deftones 2003 era video's
Deftones seen live @:

Paradiso 2009
Melkweg 2010
013 2010
Paradiso 2011

All shows took place in the Netherlands.

Deftones-argentina

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Vesanic

Yeah, Luis finds those pics on tumblr.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Penicks

ltdef

do pictures of deftones @ roskilde '96 exist? If yes, please post some.. :)