Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 30, 2012, 09:24 PM
ESP Guitars: Stephen Carpenter (Deftones) Interview 2012

"there's the sixth string. when you play on a seven string, that's one more - one more string. on a 8 string - that's two more strings" - can anyone double check and verify this information?

deftoolsys07

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 13, 2012, 09:42 PM

haha ironically when I saw this I started laughing out loud and sounded just like him...

ah ha ha ha

edit: well maybe not ironically, but coincidentally...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

snw9

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Apr 14, 2012, 12:00 AM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 13, 2012, 09:42 PM

haha ironically when I saw this I started laughing out loud and sounded just like him...

ah ha ha ha

edit: well maybe not ironically, but coincidentally...

The crazy shit I see on this board. Stunning :D
Code: [Select]

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

;D Nah, not bad at all...Now lick up all that menstruation Chino!!!! ;D
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Penicks

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

;D I hope that wasn't really hateful or too forward.... was for a laugh or gag, however u take it. ;) ;D U never know
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on May 25, 2012, 11:45 AM
Interview with Chino Moreno - Mexico City - 2.3.2007

What an eye opening interview, good find. Some quick facts:
-Chino wrote the first song on SNW name "Pink Cellphone" and wanted to make SNW all electronic but the idea wouldn't happen.
-Bob Ezrin was aiming for a more "pop sound" and shorter songs which adds to why they stopped working together. Chino wanted to expand of them and make them longer. Good for him and EROS (known for having longer songs and a lot more going on in them.) :)
-Someone from the label was actually present in the studio when the band or Chino was working with Bob Erzin.
-This wasn't the case with Shaun as the label later approved the stuff Chino worked on with him.
-Steph was open to the idea of writing an album with beats and synthesizers ( maybe we can hear some of it in Eros?)
-Chino's distaste for record contracts.
-Chino not caring about sales and expectations. Just wants to make records for fun and good music. Good for us!

I guess this also explains why Bob Ezrin is so popular and produced hit selling albums. Record labels like his approach, "Make money for us" hahah. So happy SNW retained as much of its sophisticated elements.

snw9

iceache

Quote from: snw9 on May 25, 2012, 08:22 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on May 25, 2012, 11:45 AM
Interview with Chino Moreno - Mexico City - 2.3.2007

What an eye opening interview, good find. Some quick facts:
-Chino wrote the first song on SNW name "Pink Cellphone" and wanted to make SNW all electronic but the idea wouldn't happen.
-Bob Ezrin was aiming for a more "pop sound" and shorter songs which adds to why they stopped working together. Chino wanted to expand of them and make them longer. Good for him and EROS (known for having longer songs and a lot more going on in them.) :)
-Someone from the label was actually present in the studio when the band or Chino was working with Bob Erzin.
-This wasn't the case with Shaun as the label later approved the stuff Chino worked on with him.
-Steph was open to the idea of writing an album with beats and synthesizers ( maybe we can hear some of it in Eros?)
-Chino's distaste for record contracts.
-Chino not caring about sales and expectations. Just wants to make records for fun and good music. Good for us!

I guess this also explains why Bob Ezrin is so popular and produced hit selling albums. Record labels like his approach, "Make money for us" hahah. So happy SNW retained as much of its sophisticated elements.

We wont be hearing Eros for a very long time.

nineteen

In relation to one point in that video, I remember thinking just before White Pony came out and how cool/odd/different that name was. I was in college at the time studying art and seeing the artwork etc was a pretty big deal.

976-EVIL

Heard from my Bro that Revolver has a write up on the new album...looking now..
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Jul 03, 2012, 09:20 PM
Heard from my Bro that Revolver has a write up on the new album...looking now..
yess
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

sing blue silver

I bet that without even reading it I can predict it. It'll be 2 paragraphs that says basically "Deftones have completed recording the follow up to 2010's Diamond Eyes and hope to have it out fall this year. The album is yet untitled." followed by a quote from Chino about how it's dynamic, lush and reminds him of White Pony. There. I saved you from reading it.

Visitant

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 04, 2012, 02:47 PM
I bet that without even reading it I can predict it. It'll be 2 paragraphs that says basically "Deftones have completed recording the follow up to 2010's Diamond Eyes and hope to have it out fall this year. The album is yet untitled." followed by a quote from Chino about how it's dynamic, lush and reminds him of White Pony. There. I saved you from reading it.

;D
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone