Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoneseba

So, this is no interview at all, but I sent a Facebook message to Rey Osburn (ex-Tinfed/Death Valley High) asking if Chino collaborates in Dangergirl and he told me this:

Reyka Osburn

hey thanks! yeah it's chino... we couldn't use his name due to constraints of contracts from Maverick. c-note is a nickname we all call him... so we just used that to keep off their radar.

in other news... since he doesn't have any more constraints, we're trying to coax him to sing something on our new record... which is due out this winter 2012.

thanks again and cheers!
- reykja

Perhaps we'll have a new track with Chino in DVH! I really like the band, it's "doom pop/rock" stated by the band.. would be cool to listen to Chino in there.
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

luisch

Chino dont have more constraints? something with WB is over?
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Millennia

this is why crosses and palms will be released a while after this album.

cvthedrv

Vesanic

cvthedrv

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 19, 2012, 02:35 AM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Jul 19, 2012, 02:12 AM
please chino say NO please!!!!

Why? Dangergirl is marvellous.

that one was alright bu im talking about death valley high, i dont want another shitty featuring, i'll can't stand it.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Millennia on Jul 19, 2012, 12:50 AM
this is why crosses and palms will be released a while after this album.

may be crosses will release the full album instead of ep3
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

snw9

Quote from: cvthedrv on Jul 19, 2012, 02:12 AM
please chino say NO please!!!!

I will gladly listen to anything Chino lends his voice to. This is a good way for us to hear some form of deftones in different genres.
Code: [Select]

kitesvera

Quote from: deftoneseba on Jul 18, 2012, 11:41 PM
So, this is no interview at all, but I sent a Facebook message to Rey Osburn (ex-Tinfed/Death Valley High) asking if Chino collaborates in Dangergirl and he told me this:

Reyka Osburn

hey thanks! yeah it's chino... we couldn't use his name due to constraints of contracts from Maverick. c-note is a nickname we all call him... so we just used that to keep off their radar.

in other news... since he doesn't have any more constraints, we're trying to coax him to sing something on our new record... which is due out this winter 2012.

thanks again and cheers!
- reykja

Perhaps we'll have a new track with Chino in DVH! I really like the band, it's "doom pop/rock" stated by the band.. would be cool to listen to Chino in there.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! New Tinfed album in 2012~ STOKED. And Chino will be on it too! Awesome fucking news

kitesvera

Quote from: kitesvera on Jul 20, 2012, 06:30 PM
Quote from: deftoneseba on Jul 18, 2012, 11:41 PM

Reyka Osburn

thanks again and cheers!
- reykja

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! New Tinfed album in 2012~ STOKED. And Chino will be on it too! Awesome fucking news

Reyka just confirmed this is all false information

Vesanic

Deftoneseba is not one to post bullshit so I guess Reyka is just lying. C-note is really Chino's nickname though.

kitesvera

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 21, 2012, 01:32 PM
Deftoneseba is not one to post bullshit so I guess Reyka is just lying. C-note is really Chino's nickname though.

Yeah thats true C note is one of his nicknames. All the rest of that is false though. Reyka told me its a direct quote but that he was not referring to tinfed, but rather death valley high. As of now they have no plans for a collab with Chino but that something could happen maybe once they get to recording the new death valley high. He said no one gets approached about that kinda thing until recording actually starts...In Regards to the contractual obligations he didnt clarify anything to do with that part. I guess its not false, rather misleading as Reyka put it...

Vesanic

Seba never said Reyka was referring to Tinfed though, he did say DVH.

deftoolsys07

What exactly did Reyka do on Lucky You? Never heard of him til now...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Penicks

pretty sure he does the "If you feel lucky, if you feel loved" and "spread your wings" part?

deftoolsys07

Jerry_Curls

Nope. I remember when the album came out reading about someone else contributing on that song. It bummed me to learn that it wasn't Chino singing that part.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

deftoolsys07

Wow... listening to it now to hear it. And yes I can tell it is someone else singing that part. Weird! I never would have thought that... Except the "Spread your wings" part still sounds like Chino...

sing blue silver

I always knew it was someone else but never really looked into who. The more you know!