Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoner664

Quote from: JVell on Sep 04, 2012, 07:54 PM
Quote from: deftoner664 on Sep 04, 2012, 07:36 PM
http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/09/04/deftones-koi-no-yokan-interview/

Decent interview...

It really is starting to piss me off though that ever interviewer ask about Chi... They need to quit depressing the shit out of these guys. I'm sure if there is any significant improvement in Chi's health they will make a special announcement of that.

No, this is not a decent interview. Just more repetitious, softball questions that don't offer anything new about the upcoming album, the band, anything. Same old questions, same old answers.

Interviews have been stagnant for a several days, just posted it for the hell of it.. I didnt talk it up like there was any breaking news.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Slacker

stop bitching about it. it was decent. thanks for posting deftoner664.

Vesanic

It's still a lame interview. But yeah, thanks for posting, of course.

Caín

I could really do with a track by track review by now.

from_musings

not all, but a huge amount of interviews are meaningless and laughable like this.this one was not the worst though,in an interview not long ago they asked sergio what he thought about jumping in instead of chi (um...d.e question?) and not long ago they asked abe what he thought it was like to record a song with maynard on wp. seriously, they ask these questions in koi no yokan times? unbelievable. 
I'm beginning to assume that the interviewers have better questions prepared, but just before the interview they are told that deftones don't want to talk about the new music too much bc they want it to be mysterious as long as possible,building a hype that way. which means that interviewers have to come up with something new quickly. I don't know, i just can't imagine that a question about wp which was interesting 12 years ago is carefully thought out and prepared for an interview in 2012 (as an example)

976-EVIL

1700 posts and 100,000 words From Musings..Congrats Bro!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

bewareofrats

I think you are on to something there musings.  About the purposely dodging specifics about the new album.  And I kind of like it being kept more mysterious.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Agreed. Track by track descriptions I would read, not gonna lie. That's why I don't want that released!!! Hope it doesn't leak either bc I wouldn't b able to control myself there either. i hate singles too for this reason, it raises expectations, kinda shapes em for me. ???
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

TheShade1989

I'm the opposite, I want as much info as possible as soon as possible. I'm just that impatient. Cant lie though, I played Rocket Skates so much it was my least favorite song within one week of hearing the album.

defsteve

4KKKK - Kerrang last week for System of a Down show
4KKKK - This week's Kerrang for Knotfest
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

jaypayton

dreading the setlist for the upcoming tour, it will be mostly DE songs and new songs plus a few greatest hits....say goodbye to any rare songs

976-EVIL

Quote from: jaypayton on Sep 05, 2012, 09:29 PM
dreading the setlist for the upcoming tour, it will be mostly DE songs and new songs plus a few greatest hits....say goodbye to any rare songs

You never know dude, I know they played the first half of Fireal on the last run with SOAD, and that was a short set. Fingers crossed...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

sing blue silver

The days of variation in deftones sets are dead. Now is the time of repetitive set lists much like Tool do.

SomeOf

Vesanic

Haha, comparing the last two is pretty funny.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

tarkil

ha ha !!

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 06, 2012, 01:20 PM
The days of variation in deftones sets are dead. Now is the time of repetitive set lists much like Tool do.

And I'm afraid this is unfortunately true indeed....    :-\

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Vesanic

On the last picture, Chino looks like he's farting a frozing beam.

OnyxPanicProne

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 09, 2012, 02:10 PM
On the last picture, Chino looks like he's farting a frozing beam.
That he does, looks painful