Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Dont Like...

Started by momo, May 04, 2010, 08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momo

its been a while since ive been on but im not likin how this site is now back then ppl were actyally nice and chill now its filled with assholes.
y is it that ppl r bein mean to others this is supposed to bring us together because we all share somethin in common!
me and another member talked about this last night.

derekautomatica

because of a lack of topics i think. and everyone here is just pissed off about something or it can be everything. and when you're an asshole to someone over an internet board they dont have to look at your reaction and it can easily be disregarded. yes we all share a common interest in one of the greatest bands ever but then again we all see things differently. sometimes i think to myself that the people that are on this board who are complete dicks probably get fucked with and treated like shit. so instead of manning up and taking their problems head on, they take it out on people who can't do anything but write something back to them hoping to have something more creative or more intricate. then again...what fun would it be if we were all nice to each other? for lack of a better term...it would be fucking boring.

lostpilot

Quote from: momo on May 04, 2010, 08:11 AM
its been a while since ive been on but im not likin how this site is now back then ppl were actyally nice and chill now its filled with assholes.
y is it that ppl r bein mean to others this is supposed to bring us together because we all share somethin in common!

well, this is not entirely true. yes, there are major assholes on SL these days, but I personally have a lot of internet-friends (lol) here, which I am happy to communicate. SL is my favorite internet community, after all

derekautomatica

meh...just the vibe i get from some people here.

Vesanic

People like to feel superior, it's become a trend, lately, that's why they break the others' nerves with their irony and shit, and that's why the others are mean too, because they only defend themselves. That's my case.

Jacob

there's been a pretty hostile atmosphere here for years now. there came a bunch of new people around the same time and pretty much dragged the place down. it's been a getting a bit better lately though.

but the thing is, people don't bother to act nice on the internet anymore. anywhere you go there are assholes. I've just stopped caring. I'm not here to make friends for life anyway - sure it's nice to talk to like-minded people, but I have all the friends I need in real life already.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

jesusinabowlofdirt

i visited a thread on sl once.. the discussion between these two dudes were:

a "oooh.. i just love your paintings!"   :-* :-*

b "oh thanks! and i just looooove your music!!"  :-* :-* :-* :-*

a" you do?? thanks! i just loooove your sig.. i think i want to suck your dick!"

b "ok!! then maybe u can fuck me in the ass because were so awesome!!!!"

and it did go on like that.in that case i prefer some namecalling or hot debate but hey thats just me

Jacob

and some people just like to troll...

jesusinabowlofdirt

yeah maybe they were trolling,very irritating...  they sure knew how to push buttons

Penicks

get the fuck out of here then you fucking faggot

wheresmysnare

It's more the raging sexual tension on this board. Lots of people need to get laid more often, me included.

I would suggest a SL orgy, however I fear it would be a sausage fest of epic proportions.

Jacob

haha, yeah.. probably because we've managed to scare away all the hot girls that have been here. trust me, there's been a few.

lostpilot

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on May 04, 2010, 03:04 PM
a "oooh.. i just love your paintings!"   :-* :-*

b "oh thanks! and i just looooove your music!!"  :-* :-* :-* :-*

wow, this was a direct reference towards me and wither-I. lol, man, you made me laugh a little

derekautomatica

Quote from: Penicks on May 04, 2010, 05:08 PM

get the fuck out of here then you fucking faggot

see dude...why?

Penicks

because

1) internet
2) jokes

some of you guys just can't combine both

momo

well im glad im not the only that feels that  ;D

derekautomatica

Quote from: Penicks on May 04, 2010, 08:08 PM
because

1) internet
2) jokes

some of you guys just can't combine both

yeah...i bet.

chick de la lynch

I think it's the raging stupidity on this board as well (i.e. the KFC thread). Don't get me wrong there are some pretty intelligent people on this board, but the majority can't even form a comprehensive sentence, let alone an argument. It's easy to get angry and turn into an asshole.

sing blue silver

yeah i'm guilty of being an asshole on here sometimes. on a few occasions i've been downright insufferable but i try to maintain a certain level of non-fucktardness. but as i've said before it is the internet. i've seen much, much worse.

derekautomatica

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 05, 2010, 01:51 AM
yeah i'm guilty of being an asshole on here sometimes. on a few occasions i've been downright insufferable but i try to maintain a certain level of non-fucktardness. but as i've said before it is the internet. i've seen much, much worse.

i was on this board called 12oz prophet...now those guys were some assholes.