Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan1o

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 06, 2012, 06:50 PM
[spoiler]It depends, actually. Some of them take too much time to build to be seen as radio-friendly but the overall vibe is, to me. My favorite is probably Tempest. Most of them are really predictable (Rosemary ending is blank as fuck), Tempest isn't, I think.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]any more along the lines of rosemary ? i love that track. agree the end drags though. [/spoiler]

glassdomino

Inkblades

I absolutely love Rosemary, but that end riff sounds way too much like the end of Diamond Eyes. That's Stephen being straight up lazy.

Vesanic

Rosemary is already out.

BallZDeeP

BallZDeeP

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 06, 2012, 07:03 PM
Rosemary is already out.

does that mean you can PM the ones that are already out?...aaaak im stuck at work

Vesanic

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Nov 06, 2012, 07:05 PM
Rosemary is already out.

does that mean you can PM the ones that are already out?...aaaak im stuck at work

I mean the studio version leaked a while ago, didn't it?

BallZDeeP

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 06, 2012, 07:06 PM
Rosemary is already out.

cassette is all i thought was circulating

jciraheta

F , i am going to dowload the b side rarirites, or something , i can wait longer  :(

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Nov 06, 2012, 07:07 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 06, 2012, 07:06 PM
Rosemary is already out.

cassette is all i thought was circulating

yeag, thought the same straight from the tape except for the earlier ones that came from phone recordings. Not CD sourced afaik.

kckondor

Quote from: CliptheApex on Nov 06, 2012, 06:55 PM
[spoiler]It depends, actually. Some of them take too much time to build to be seen as radio-friendly but the overall vibe is, to me. My favorite is probably Tempest. Most of them are really predictable (Rosemary ending is blank as fuck), Tempest isn't, I think.[/spoiler]

Tempest really? I hate that song. Its terrible. Im am actually liking your review because I feel that I will love it as you seem to be bored by it. If this is a slower more melodic Deftones then color me happy.

Me too, from what I've gathered about Ves and his opinion on there music, his negativity has me excited.  I almost never listen to any modern radio so I have no idea what is mainstream now, but I can't imagine that Deftones would ever be considered mainstream.

SquealLikeaPig

There were just some new youtube vids posted but they were yanked down.

Bifrost

Quote from: Inkblades on Nov 06, 2012, 07:01 PM
I absolutely love Rosemary, but that end riff sounds way too much like the end of Diamond Eyes. That's Stephen being straight up lazy.

I kinda agree with ending riff on Rosemary but its pretty clear thats the sound Stef is going for

to be honest I dont know what else you can do when you go that low on the guitar but play chunky riffs like that, I have a 7 string and when I play the top strings those are what sound best not to mention he loves meshuggah...

basically if you arent into that type of riffage its gonna be tough getting into the new tones stuff imo thats what they like, chino is also a fan of meshuggah

Playhouse

BallZDeeP

DarkKnight85

Quote from: kckondor on Nov 06, 2012, 07:12 PM
Quote from: CliptheApex on Nov 06, 2012, 06:55 PM

Tempest really? I hate that song. Its terrible. Im am actually liking your review because I feel that I will love it as you seem to be bored by it. If this is a slower more melodic Deftones then color me happy.

Me too, from what I've gathered about Ves and his opinion on there music, his negativity has me excited.  I almost never listen to any modern radio so I have no idea what is mainstream now, but I can't imagine that Deftones would ever be considered mainstream.

Im sure if White pony were released today people would shit all over it

girothegod

Hey Ves, how is Goon Squad sounding? Is it heavy or what?

BallZDeeP

for the record, im listening Soundgarden in anticipation...even though I would much rather be listening to Ves' new collection

Mustang

Hey Ves, just curious... What's your favorite Deftones album?

sir madrid

It should leak any moment now