Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoop

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Nov 07, 2012, 07:39 AM
The closer it gets to the release date, the more fucked up with excitement you guys are. I kinda get the feeling if it doesnt leak by the 9th/13th, you guys will be so focused on waiting for a leak on the internet that you'll forget that you can actually buy it haha.

But who posted the minute and a half of Swerve City, and why?
someone from Deftones Familia on facebook.. and just to continue teasing everybody. You know, to let everyone know how rad you are by having it early.

shoop

nevermind what I said earlier though.. i'm an idiot. I keep forgetting the release date for the US is the 13th not the 9th.. assuming it's online the 9th the latest, that is just enough time for word to spread. Congrats Deftones.

Playhouse

Quote from: shoop on Nov 07, 2012, 07:48 AM
nevermind what I said earlier though.. i'm an idiot. I keep forgetting the release date for the US is the 13th not the 9th.. assuming it's online the 9th the latest, that is just enough time for word to spread. Congrats Deftones.
Well its coming out on itunes in aus on the 9th, but normally the releases are made available a couple of hours before.
But i think it surely has to leak before that, if it doesn't.
.. Amazing

shoop

yeah.. i'm kinda lost for words about it at this point. If it makes the band happy, that makes the wait easier for me.

Playhouse

Quote from: shoop on Nov 07, 2012, 07:58 AM
yeah.. i'm kinda lost for words about it at this point. If it makes the band happy, that makes the wait easier for me.
Yeah totally agree.

RaptureWS

Earlier, a couple people(ones that actually post frequently, not trolls) on here said they would have KNY tomorrow for sure. I freakin hope so. Time for bed though. Night.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Vesanic

cesar421

Playhouse

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 07, 2012, 08:09 AM
Still no leak? Wow.
Man just think, you would be the one, ending all suffering, hardship, sadness.
You know what to do.
Be a hero.

FOXHOUNDxBigBoss

1st time poster here. I'm actually highly surprised it never leaked after all this time, it's actually kind of ridiculous. Shouldn't matter too much though now since we're getting it the 9th anyway or between the 10-13th at the latest.

I can honestly say though I predicted KNY wouldn't leak. Especially after seeing that interview where basically the band said "F that shit" in regards to leaks.

Long time fan of Deftones since the 90's, as corny as it sounds I never realized they had a fan forums like this until recently. I'm not much of a message board person admittedly.

pony_01

cesar421

If i remember well, the last time an album leaked a day before the release date was Oceansize's last album. it leaked a day before its release.

pony_01

i give up. i'll wait til the album drop at 9

DJR

Quote from: FOXHOUNDxBigBoss on Nov 07, 2012, 08:12 AM
1st time poster here. I'm actually highly surprised it never leaked after all this time, it's actually kind of ridiculous. Shouldn't matter too much though now since we're getting it the 9th anyway or between the 10-13th at the latest.

I can honestly say though I predicted KNY wouldn't leak. Especially after seeing that interview where basically the band said "F that shit" in regards to leaks.

Long time fan of Deftones since the 90's, as corny as it sounds I never realized they had a fan forums like this until recently. I'm not much of a message board person admittedly.

Hiya :) im not much of one either to be honest...but got addicted to it, especially with KNY anticipation taking over my life right now!

Shadow46/2

I just wanna say that it's pretty ridiculous that the KNY thread has been locked. Is this not a public forum, where we can talk about things the way we wanna? Including all the memes and bullshit that people want to post? I dunno, just feels pointless to lock things for going "off topic." It's all just chatting anyways.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

TheShade1989

I think the reason ppl may be disappointed in this album is because of the band's diversity. I mean, if they were a band who were the epitome of a certain genre of music, then we'd all love the same things about the band, and they'd never stray frm that path, so the only reason anyone would stop being fans would be if the band changed their genre, or a fan's musical tastes changed. Whereas Deftones, you know, they've always wanted to have different elements to their music, even in the same song. So some of us prefer heavy, some soft, some a mixture of both, some dark, some happy, some fast-tempo, some not, and some of us just love every damn thing they do. So you can understand ppl hating/disliking/being disappointed by certain albums because it goes against what they, personally, want frm an album. But over 20 yrs of making music together (minus Sergio, but you know what I mean)...you can expect a lotta changes throughout that time, whether it's Chino's singing/screaming style or ability, or the tone of the album, or the music itself.

xToxin