Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

Still nothing showing up on what.cd...... Incredible !

Maybe in 2 hours though ?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

thenoiboi

we could be two straight lines in a crooked world.

Cherry Waves

Went to JB Hifi tonight and they 'hadn't received it yet'. Another night of no sleep for me. FML!
EAD!

Pndi

i'm not that impatient anymore, i'll listen all day to that shit if it doesn't leak : http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,996388,00.html

RoyBiggins

Big Roy a.k.a The Deer (bc Roy runs as fast as one) a.k.a The Final Roy has not listened to the samples but gets the feeling this is a laid back album. No big deal, Big Roy will still dig it. On another note, SG's King Animal is phenominal, except the opening track, that song sucks. KTAT  know that absorb that

Playhouse

New review http://p3.no/pyro/deftones-koi-no-yokan-lat-for-lat/

The last time the Deftones released the album, made ​​the album of the year in 2010 with Diamond Eyes, a soaring and beautiful plate of friendship, pain, sex and sharp knives. Now they are back with Koi No Yokan, which at first passage sounds exactly the way we want Deftones. Magnificent and sexede.

10 discs you must hear in 2010

Here are our thoughts on Koi No Yokan, song for song. Mine, at least:

01 - Swerve City
- For an opening riff! I can not remember a riff that strike fast so heavy and wide since Korn threw out Here To Stay ten years ago. And Chinos angel song and dream-like lyrics ("She breaks in horses / with strange distant voices / that travel through the ... aaaaaaaaair") on top of this is pure perfection of an opening tune.

02 - Romantic Dreams
- This begins a little more than down for Swerve City, and although the chorus is quite immediately, not sit Romantic Dreams completely after four or five rounds.

03 - Leathers
- Leathers was the first taste from the album, and is one of the disc's toughest cuts. Reminds me of the first song they released from the previous disc, with screams of GUNS! Razor! Knives! It was well Rocket Skates it was called. Leathers are feeeeet song, the kind that makes Deftones songs different from any band on the planet. Goosebumps when Chino shouts "This is ... your chance! Revolt! Resist "in the opening. A bit scary too. Mysterious Metal tab is, if anyone asks.

Listen here Leathers

04 - Poltergeist
- Kanon title, not the least. Poltergeist should on paper be a bit difficult to get on with their snurrete riff and little inviting arrangement, but there is something violent deftonesque over that makes the song irresistible. It is these songs that make me miss my piège speaker who is in for repair. It shall have a taste of the whip to guitarist Stephen Carpenter when I get it back from the shop.

05 - Entombed
- The name notwithstanding, Entombed is a classic Deftones ballad, but it does not come right up against Sex Tapes from Diamond Eyes. You know the one with the lovely bathing video frames. Lovely guitar work from Steph, however.

06 - Graphic Nature
- Stephen Carpenter continues with guitar work as only he can. He works with a strange chord, plucking strings and gaining the help from the rest of the band. Chino printer as normal text on dark, fascinating moods: "Your poison is glowing / against the night / how can you lose / just show them tricks we like."

07 - Tempest
- Tempest is the first official single from Koi No Yokan, and is also one of the best songs. Quiet opening, sensitive song from Chino, where a freight train of a riff comes rolling through the canvas and into the hall. Looks clear to me that the festival next summer, sandwiched between Minerva and You've Seen The Butcher and covered in blue light and low amounts of stage smoke.

Listen Tempest here

08 - Gauze
- Back to metal riffing, before a huge chorus replacement. Can not quite get this song, seems like a fort heard / soon forgotten Deftones song.

09 - Rosemary
- Rosemary, however, is one of the best tracks on the disc. Not so terribly different Tempest, perhaps, but then bang beautiful, cool, tough and overwhelming that only Deftones can be. Opening with a guitar pick that gets a Tool-like bassing that companion is perfect setup for Chinos soft purring. And then the gold dust in the power of a riff that could have gone right into the family hit the MP and called himself søskebarnet The Wheel. Chino fairs "Time shift / we discover the entry / two other planes / our minds bend / and our fingers fold / entwined we dream of unknown" like MDMA one has taken root in his cerebral cortex, more nebulous (in a good way! ) and atmospheric than this is not music.

10 - Goon Squad
- fat riff on Goon Squad, but the song as a whole feels quite unresolved. Getting just a little demo vibe to it, as if it has not finished arranged.

11 - What Happened To You?
- Reclining, superfine song avlsutning, without it being a big highlight. And it must be said in conclusion that I might be a little disappointed avoid trapping is part medium sound at Koi No Yokan. Rosemary, Leather, Tempest, Poltergeist and Swerve City are all kickass Deftones songs, but these two ending songs plus a couple more are not hugely memorable. At least not yet, it kaaaaan be that it grows? Bet on it.

tarkil

Quote from: RoyBiggins on Nov 07, 2012, 10:08 AM
Big Roy a.k.a The Deer (bc Roy runs as fast as one) a.k.a The Final Roy has not listened to the samples but gets the feeling this is a laid back album. No big deal, Big Roy will still dig it. On another note, SG's King Animal is phenominal, except the opening track, that song sucks. KTAT  know that absorb that

Best new joiner ever... You should stick around after the craziness ends, and all the assholes disappear !

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

xToxin

MuffBiscuits

xToxin

WOO bring on KOI NO YOKAN. I want to listen to it once. Then see how long I can go without listening to it again.

RoyBiggins

Quote from: xToxin on Nov 07, 2012, 10:24 AM
WOO bring on KOI NO YOKAN. I want to listen to it once. Then see how long I can go without listening to it again.

OH SHIT!! what a crazy idea. someone call Guinness book of world records. you are a badass. BIG ROY OUT.

xToxin

Roy Biggins. Otherwise known as AKA (aslkdjsflkasdjakldjafkldjfkljasdklafjklasdjaklfjklsdfjklsjdklfjasdkljfskljfklasdjfkljsdf biggins)

Sett

Quote from: RoyBiggins on Nov 07, 2012, 10:08 AM

Good to know, I haven't had to chance to hear it yet. I will test it this evening after work.

crazytooth

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 06, 2012, 05:25 PM
It's not bullshit. I wish I had a way to prove it without sharing a track.

You can screenshot that message, block some images/infos here and there, and post it here.  ;) :)

Vesanic

crazytooth

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 07, 2012, 12:11 PM
Images of what?

I dunno just anything that would give away who the sender is.

lungdamage

Quote from: crazytooth on Nov 07, 2012, 12:12 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 07, 2012, 12:11 PM
Images of what?

I dunno just anything that would give away who the sender is.

are you macgyver ? ;)

crazytooth

YES.  ;)

lungdamage

if i didn't have to endure the wait to see what the fuck was going on with LOST every week for six years/seasons, i don't think i could have handled the wait for this album. so in a way LOST paid off in the end...

BobArmpit