Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

Quote from: imbrie on Nov 07, 2012, 09:29 PM
Quote from: Corleone on Nov 07, 2012, 09:28 PM
PM the 320kbps anyone?

there isn't a geunine 320 as of yet, they all seem to be transcodes of the 160.

ewww

FNatt

ominousnimbus

As I expected, the middle is the low point for me. Graphic Nature is good but not great (never quite goes anywhere), while Tempest is just flat-out boring. May end up using the skip button a lot when listening to this disc, which is a slight detraction from what's otherwise a stellar effort.

Surprises: I think Romantic Dreams is better than Swerve, the opposite of what I expected.

Gut reaction after first listen: better than DE. The highlights are much better and more plentiful, even though the couple low points (Tempest, WHTY) for me are probably slightly less interesting. I'd say it ties WP for my favorite, but I'm sure my feelings will change plenty over the days and weeks to come.

IceX

Quote from: FOXHOUNDxBigBoss on Nov 07, 2012, 09:28 PM
Probably going to be crucified on here over this but I'm going to say it now - I legitimately think this is the best album they've ever put out, simply legendary. Everything else can fuck off & die. LMFAO just kidding but I do really think this is easily their greatest album & a guaranteed 5 star classic. Can't wait for my physical copy to arrive the 13th. The wait was well worth it.

I completely agree with you! Flat out amazing!

CliptheApex

Quote from: imbrie on Nov 07, 2012, 09:29 PM
Quote from: Corleone on Nov 07, 2012, 09:28 PM
PM the 320kbps anyone?

there isn't a geunine 320 as of yet, they all seem to be transcodes of the 160.

Jesus people just download the lower quality file it still sounds great. Wait until the physical release for the high quality shit.

imbrie

Quote from: scarywindow on Nov 07, 2012, 09:18 PM
okay kids - is there a 320kps version that ISN'T a transcode?  I've got Realmofmetal and Mediaboom as references.  no what.cd account.  anyone that is knowledgeable about trannies care to let us in the know?

ha ha! no-one is going to 'fess up to being knowledgeable about trannies man!

xToxin

I can't even find the low quality one

DJR

i couldnt download through u torrent..its just downlaoaing through safari...this is taking ages!

deftoner664

Fuck yea! I get kinda a Crenshaw's Punch vibe from Gauze and it's fucking bliss!
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

xToxin

I'm downloading one that says 320kb

MuffBiscuits

Quote from: FOXHOUNDxBigBoss on Nov 07, 2012, 09:28 PM
Probably going to be crucified on here over this but I'm going to say it now - I legitimately think this is the best album they've ever put out, simply legendary. Everything else can fuck off & die. LMFAO just kidding but I do really think this is easily their greatest album & a guaranteed 5 star classic. Can't wait for my physical copy to arrive the 13th. The wait was well worth it.

I don't know if it's just the excitement of it being so new, but right now I'd totally agree with you. Time will tell where it sits later down the line, but if it stays this good - YES.

Alxn

GAUZE IS PREETY FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!! certainly will be one of the favourites! Just listen to it the first time now. Loving every fucking second.

iateyourmom

Does anyone else here some snw demos in some songs? i think towards the begenning i herd something familiar, listening too the album while i play resident evil 6 sounds amazing

Romantic dreams is the one i was thinking of, Sounds very simular to track 5 on the snw bob ezrin demos, maybe im just imagining things...
I hope there will be remixes from this album!!

invalidses

there is a legit 320kbps copy that includes spectrals. it most certainly exists.

DJR

Jacob

I love the mixing on this album. the heavy parts don't solely consist of a wall of Stef's down-tuned 8-string. they have layers, you hear everything, and Sergio's bass is the phatest and heaviest part.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Change_Lestat

Someone could PM me to a link? Can be 160, 220, 320kbps... Just send me a link, i'm dying over here to hear it. Thank you guys in advance
"I put my life on the line for you... So why did you say goodbye to me?"  The Wretched - Attack! Attack!

decapod

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 07, 2012, 09:23 PM
Quote from: fuzzylogics on Nov 07, 2012, 09:21 PM
Guitars are great on this album. Very dynamic. I wouldn't have guessed this from Steph and Chino, they sound cohesive.

my guess is that it's because Chino is more involved than ever in the guitar department.

That was the main thing I said when I heard it a couple weeks ago. Chino stepped it way the fuck up.

nicklav

Dumb work computers won't let me install winrar to get this shit open. For some reason I can only play the first song through a VLC media player. With that said, holy shit is it good.

976-EVIL

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 07, 2012, 09:11 PM
Quote from: 976-EVIL on Nov 07, 2012, 09:09 PM
Hello Ladies,

I myself am waiting (by choice) to hear the album when it is released. Don't get me wrong I love it when Christmas comes early but I will hold out this time. I have read a few reviews and they look pretty good. To those of you who have taken the plunge into KNY are there any "crunchy" hard tracks or is this more of a dymamic/softer record? Any comparisons to Deftones prior roecords?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

I'm only a few songs in, but so far it's easily the softest album they've done. there's certainly a heaviness to some songs, but not really that "crunchy". it's all very slick and neat.

Thanks Jacob, interesting, keep the feedback coming Guys please!!!!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.