Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckles

Gracias dios mio por otro dia mas!
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

DAFTPUNK87

Gah I don't know what to even think right now.. I almost can't believe I'm listening to the album.. am I dreaming????  ;)

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

Drummerboy_123

The sky is falling down
The night is calling you
A star is burning out
The sky belongs to you

What Happened to You? <3

trafic

Goon Squad and Graphic nature are my favorites. Tempest is worst (still good)

phil for real

Ieatzombies84

What a beautiful soundscape Deftones gave us with this album. This completely wipes the floor with DE. Before the pitchforks appear, I loved that album for what it was. As a fellow musician, it feels like like they went in a rehearsal room locked the doors and just jammed, which is raw and uninhibited Deftones. Beautiful. This far exceeded what i was expecting being a fan since day one. This is a progression of a band that simply defines emotion and raw feeling! Screams or not, this is what is needed in these stale times of "do-overs." Deftones, you're still my first love. End rant :-p

Far away

Does anybody else feels a little bit of M83 in the synth close to the end of Entombed?!

neirda

Quote from: whipsy77 on Nov 07, 2012, 09:53 PM
Quote from: Drummerboy_123 on Nov 07, 2012, 09:49 PM
Finally got a real 320KBPS version, cheers guys!

Will wait for album before getting the FLAC. 320 will do for now. Album pwns and songs are already growing for me.

Any chance of a PM mate??

following this guy

whipsy77

Quote from: Moz on Nov 07, 2012, 09:57 PM
Goon Squad became my favourite.

Yep, Killer track, soft intro then just jumps out from behind a tree and smashes you in the face... love it

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: Far away on Nov 07, 2012, 10:02 PM
Does anybody else feels a little bit of M83 in the synth close to the end of Entombed?!

Indeed. Frank does a great job on this album!
Also, in some instances, Chino's guitar almost has a grunge-esque vibe to it.

sing blue silver

Well hopefully I can find a working link somewhere.

Sicario

pm please. I downloaded one already but it was a broken file and didnt download all of goon squad and none of what happened to you.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: whipsy77 on Nov 07, 2012, 10:03 PM

Yep, Killer track, soft intro then just jumps out from behind a tree and smashes you in the face... love it
I love how that outro from Rosemary flows straight into Goon Squad. Fucking bad ass!
The whole album just flows so beautifully from one track to another.
Makes me wish I never listened to Tempest/Leathers/Rosemary beforehand.

Asherak

Can I get a pm of the legit 320kbs version?

beansandcornbread

Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 07, 2012, 10:04 PM

Sent you PM.

Alxn

well someone got the lyrics of all songs?? awesome album! it will be difficult to quit listening.

Drummerboy_123

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 07, 2012, 10:05 PM
Quote from: whipsy77 on Nov 07, 2012, 10:03 PM

I love how that outro from Rosemary flows straight into Goon Squad. Fucking bad ass!
The whole album just flows so beautifully from one track to another.
Makes me wish I never listened to Tempest/Leathers/Rosemary beforehand.

Thoughts on What Happened to You?

Sounds a lot like Team Sleep to me, LOVE IT! Lyrics own hard.
The sky is falling down
The night is calling you
A star is burning out
The sky belongs to you

What Happened to You? <3

FOXHOUNDxBigBoss

Usurper

OMFG, thank god this finally leaked.  Now I can finally talk about the album.
Been sittin on it for a few weeks now, had to keep my mouth shut about it, for obvious reasons.

Now that the album has officially leaked, I can finally post my thoughts on it.

Thoughts about KOI NO YOKAN
from the perspective of a long time fan since Adrenaline.

My first impression was the usual, "wow, this is unlike any deftones album I have heard."
This time, however, there were many more differences to absorb and come to terms with.
Most of Steph's heavy and bouncy riffs are few and far between. Chino's screams seem to only exist briefly on Leathers and Tempest. This is a much less angry album compared to the past efforts. At first, I wouldn't say it bothered me, but it stood out.  I can see why anyone hoping for a more raw and less commercial sound might be a bit turned off.  I would be lying if I said I didn't miss some of the angry tone usually present on a deftones album, but the quality and newly found atmosphere of the songs more than make up for it.

It is really nice to hear Leathers, Tempest and Rosemary in the context of the album.
I think all of the songs are perfectly placed.  The harder parts of Tempest sound harder and the prettier parts of Rosemary sound prettier, given the scope of the entire album.  I was highly anticipating Poltergeist, which I Ioved the instant I watched the first YouTube video.  The studio recording sounds thick and awesome. I do have a minor gripe, though. Chino replaced several screams with an odd sounding clean note. This illustrates that there was a conscious effort to lessen the amount of angry style vocals on this album. Had I not listened to the live song a million times, I would have never noticed. However, it stands out to me. Other than that small personal irritant, the song is beyond fucking awesome.  I'm sure many long time fans will find Goon Squad immediately appealing.  The reason is that it's instant gratification to the ears of those yearning for a familiar deftones banger.  To this day, Romantic Dreams remains my favorite track.  It's not a roller coaster of a song that many early reviewers suggested, but the tempo changes are unique and the chorus is extremely catchy. 

The album has steady medium pace, as opposed to previous alternations between heavy and mellow songs. Most songs were immediately enjoyable, while only a few tracks needed to creep up and grow on me. Of all of the albums that have been released since Around the Fur, with the exception of Diamond Eyes, this album resonated with me the quickest. This likely won't be claiming the throne as my favorite deftones album of all time, but it has quickly found a place in the top tier.
-[usurper]-

sing blue silver

Quote from: beansandcornbread on Nov 07, 2012, 10:05 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 07, 2012, 10:04 PM

Sent you PM.

Thanks homie. Sad thing is I won't even be listening to it but my girlfriend and roomie send their thanks.