Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: nineteen on Nov 27, 2012, 11:56 PM
Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 27, 2012, 12:12 AM
Also, I have a question that's been bugging me regarding Chino's vocals live. Does anyone know who does the delay on Chino's vocals live? Is it the sound guy, or is it Frank?

Just curious because in some songs such as "My Own Summer" & "Feiticeira" live, the delay will come on for just a certain "word" or "verse" and turn back off.. just wondering who might be controlling his delayed vocal effects.

Can't remember what period it was but there was a point when the 'delay guy' went ridiculous on his vocals. It was like every performance was echofest cavesound.
Haha yeah i've seen some videos like that even when he was talking to the audience between songs he had lots of echo

thenoiboi

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Nov 12, 2012, 10:44 PM
Also, I finally gave Adrenaline a real chance. I have it, and I love some songs on it (One Weak, Fireal, Birthmark), but the rest of it I guess I just kinda thought "eh, boring" and skipped them for some weird reason. It was the only CD in my car, so yesterday I had it on and it was a 2-hour drive, so lots of time to listen to it and let it sink in properly. Well, it's awesome. Lifter is brilliant, it's currently on repeat instead of KNY. I'm late to the party haha but it's always taken me a while to get into their earlier music.

better late than never. always happy for someone to have found the deep goodness in adrenaline. so many people just talk about how "aggro" it is or whatever, but it has some pretty fantastic artistic qualities to it if you give it a good solid chance.

welcome to the prty.
we could be two straight lines in a crooked world.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah i think 7 Words and Engine #9 have a big part in it being labelled as Aggro but a lot of the songs have real dynamics like Birthmark and Fireal you can tell from just by hearing Adrenaline that they weren't just another nu-metal band

from_musings

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 28, 2012, 10:25 AM
you can tell from just by hearing Adrenaline that they weren't just another nu-metal band

what do you mean by "they weren't just another nu-metal band" ? it sounds by you that there were a lot of nu metal bands in 1995? deftones were pioneers, they started this shit (with korn)

Dath

It's amusing how Deftones and Korn diverged. That whole "kornstep" experiment was embarrassing.

TheShade1989

Yeah i think 7 Words and Engine #9 have a big part in it being labelled as Aggro but a lot of the songs have real dynamics like Birthmark and Fireal you can tell from just by hearing Adrenaline that they weren't just another nu-metal band

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I never gave it a real chance. It took me a long time to get into Deftones' heavier, more aggressive songs, and hearing 7 Words and whatnot, I always assumed "ah, Adrenaline is their heavy, crappy nu-metal album except for a few songs", but fortunately I've changed my opinion.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 28, 2012, 09:27 PM
you can tell from just by hearing Adrenaline that they weren't just another nu-metal band

what do you mean by "they weren't just another nu-metal band" ? it sounds by you that there were a lot of nu metal bands in 1995? deftones were pioneers, they started this shit (with korn)
Yeah I meant looking back on that whole era even their most raw record still had a mix of softer and harder elements ,I don't think Deftones are even nu-metal in the sense it was used by media i just can't agree with a genre that groups together "Limp Bizkit " with guys like Deftones who are making real unique, dynamic music.

nineteen

Quote from: Dath on Nov 28, 2012, 10:42 PM
It's amusing how Deftones and Korn diverged. That whole "kornstep" experiment was embarrassing.

I kinda liked it. Gotta give 'em props for trying new stuff. When they came out they were unstoppable.

nineteen

Also, Nu-Metal wasn't even coined when Adrenaline came out. I think it was around 97 that shit got termed. Before that it was bands like Orange 9mm, Helmet, Korn, Deftones etc.

DeftonesNZ

I know the term wasn't around but when people started using the term, "Adrenaline" got labelled a nu-metal album and was put in the same category as rap metal shit which is just wrong even their earliest record had soft-hard dynamics

Martin

Just to verify; there are only digital versions of the 'Sextape' and 'You've Seen The Butcher' singles right?

sooniletugo

Pretty sure man.

Can't find this t-shirt in my size (M) anywhere now, sucks cause I've known about it for a while but only liked it as of a few months ago when I saw it in a shop and realised what was actually going on in it.

Martin

RoyBiggins

At the end of the When Girls Telephone Boys and Needles and Pins, there is some insane screaming that is faded out. Is there any way I manipulate the ending of those songs as to where they don't fade, like some kind of program.

ignore the fashion

Quote from: Martin on Dec 02, 2012, 12:30 AM
Remember Maverick not making actual singles (on disc) anymore.

Isn't maverick no longer around.

cvthedrv

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Dec 04, 2012, 03:24 PM
Quote from: Martin on Dec 02, 2012, 12:30 AM
Remember Maverick not making actual singles (on disc) anymore.

Isn't maverick no longer around.

now is reprise?

DeftonesNZ

Yeah i think it got bought out by warner

Bqad

Quote from: Martin on Dec 02, 2012, 12:17 AM
Just to verify; there are only digital versions of the 'Sextape' and 'You've Seen The Butcher' singles right?

There's two versions of a 'You've Seen the Butcher' single. One is a US version in a jewel case with back cover art only and the other is a one track UK version (comes in a card sleeve I believe). There's also a UK 1 track CD single of 'Sextape'. Hope that helps. 

Bifrost

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 28, 2012, 11:15 PM

Yeah I meant looking back on that whole era even their most raw record still had a mix of softer and harder elements ,I don't think Deftones are even nu-metal in the sense it was used by media i just can't agree with a genre that groups together "Limp Bizkit " with guys like Deftones who are making real unique, dynamic music.

I dont hate the term Nu-metal like a lot of people do, they immediately think Limp Bizkit and Korn

but to me that term was apt because at the time it was a new sound of metal that wasn't solo driven and obnoxious; it was more focused on heaviness with a groove to it and singers were beginning to scream consistantly, it was in a way a 'new metal'

but somewhere along the way nu-metal got comfused with rap-metal/rap-rock

I dont think they are the same thing...

DeftonesNZ

Exactly at some point ignorant people just started  calling any music with metal type guitars nu-metal a lot of people then just played nu-metal off as a joke because of the bands like Limp Bizkit