Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJR

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 26, 2013, 06:38 AM
Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 26, 2013, 06:30 AM
you people are crying about the fact a bunch of compressed youtube videos in lesser quality will no longer be online? lol
More like the fact the biggest source of Deftones footage available has disappeared overnight, Over 600 videos that over 3 million people had watched some of which were extremely rare and are likely never to be available again and all the footage was usually from the best sources available including alot of high def stuff, so yeah we're pretty gutted.

Yeah a shit load of stuff gone.... bad times :(

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: DJR on Feb 26, 2013, 11:34 AM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 26, 2013, 06:38 AM
Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 26, 2013, 06:30 AM
you people are crying about the fact a bunch of compressed youtube videos in lesser quality will no longer be online? lol
More like the fact the biggest source of Deftones footage available has disappeared overnight, Over 600 videos that over 3 million people had watched some of which were extremely rare and are likely never to be available again and all the footage was usually from the best sources available including alot of high def stuff, so yeah we're pretty gutted.

Yeah a shit load of stuff gone.... bad times :(
Plus all the stuff he hadn't shared and now probably never will, I know the stuff on youtube was only a portion of what he really has.

Penicks

Quote from: RollerDerby on Feb 25, 2013, 11:29 PM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 25, 2013, 10:54 PM
So what happened to V videos and stuff? was he really getting lots of abuse? I had a feeling the videos wouldn't stay up so as soon as he posted that goodbye message on fb I started ripping alot of the stuff of YouTube lucky I did.

He was receiving a lot of verbal abuse from people. People jumping his case because they don't interpret how Chino acted toward him as completely disrespectful. in my opinion, I'm glad he took it down because everyone had live for him until he made the decision to retire from doing everyone a service. he wasn't demanding to be compensated for his work by asking Chino to play pink maggit. he was making a conscious suggestion to a member of the band to switch things up and play something different for once. clearly it worked, I'm sure everyone noticed the setlist changes. however he made the decision to hang up his coat and walk away, leaving everything intact the way it was. No one seemed to grasp that perhaps he was tired of doing everyone a service when they were so eager to bash him.

he wasn't being a whiny bitch as I've seen so many post these past few days. in fact it's everyone giving him Hell that pushed him over the edge and caused the entire community to take a massive loss. everyone needs to quit attacking him. he didn't cause all of this. the clowns who could not let the situation rest, and continued their verbal assault caused this. people's arrogance and egos destroyed this.

I respect V and his decision. and I know I'm gonna have people come after me for this shit for taking his side. honestly, I don't care. I don't want to even be considered a deftones fan sometimes when I come on here and see everyone bashing others. there used to be more to this. a lot of you have lost sight of what this could and should have been. and now, a major piece of that has been stripped away.

I don't feel sorry any of you who will bitch and moan about what he did today. because honestly, it just proves how much time V wasted doing all of you favors all these years.

he never wanted anything, except maybe a thank you here and there. and there is a majority of you, like myself who indulged in his work and appreciated it for what it was. I'm sure he is proud knowing that comforting fact.

It's over, his work is gone. deal with it.

this is bullshit, just because there is a SMALL percentage of dicks on the internet acting like a dick (spoiler: that's the way the internet works) to him he decides to throw in the towel and fuck over everyone who does appreciate him and the work he's done? it's an impulsive, childish reaction and it's no reason to do it unless someone put a horse head in his bed or threatened to rape his favourite pet

i've never had any problems with the dude, just like most people, so i still have no idea why he reacted the way he did. maybe his goldfish WAS raped, if that's the case i understand

from_musings

leave animals out of this

sing blue silver

I understand Ves' position. Sucks all that shit is gone but catering to a bunch of greedy ingrates can't be easy. Romain is a friend of mine and I've had discussions about this stuff with him so I'm not surprised. It was really a matter of time.

from_musings

it's easy to just say "it's dicks being dicks" and that's that. but sometimes you gotta dig deeper, look at it from another point of view
and ask why. guess i'm talking about self-examination here

nineteen

The whole thing is stupid and quite frankly a waste of everyone's time (including the hard work that was put in to make all those videos available and the people supporting this board/Deftones).

I left the playground at school years ago.

Nobody thinks anymore. It's all emotive and impulsive responses to emotive and impulsive responses. No wonder people get hacked off.

sing blue silver

Romain has good reason to leave. I understand his motives and I hope everyone can just leave it at that. It's not just the years of work or some impulse emotional decision. Things aren't the same. I'm behind the guy 100%. I'll be here til the bitter end though.

nineteen

Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 26, 2013, 02:54 PM
Romain has good reason to leave. I understand his motives and I hope everyone can just leave it at that. It's not just the years of work or some impulse emotional decision. Things aren't the same. I'm behind the guy 100%. I'll be here til the bitter end though.

I'm sure he does. I just meant the situation as a whole is a bit stupid.

Onwards and upwards I guess. I'll be here until it dies as well, seeing as I get most of my information from here.

Dath

I'd be willing to bet he's going to sell all his tapes. Maybe whoever gets them will be generous.

pony_01

Quote from: nineteen on Feb 26, 2013, 02:59 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 26, 2013, 02:54 PM

I'm sure he does. I just meant the situation as a whole is a bit stupid.

Onwards and upwards I guess. I'll be here until it dies as well, seeing as I get most of my information from here.

i think its not stupid, but he will regret it someday. lol

RollerDerby

Quote from: Penicks on Feb 26, 2013, 01:18 PM
So what happened to V videos and stuff? was he really getting lots of abuse? I had a feeling the videos wouldn't stay up so as soon as he posted that goodbye message on fb I started ripping alot of the stuff of YouTube lucky I did.

He was receiving a lot of verbal abuse from people. People jumping his case because they don't interpret how Chino acted toward him as completely disrespectful. in my opinion, I'm glad he took it down because everyone had live for him until he made the decision to retire from doing everyone a service. he wasn't demanding to be compensated for his work by asking Chino to play pink maggit. he was making a conscious suggestion to a member of the band to switch things up and play something different for once. clearly it worked, I'm sure everyone noticed the setlist changes. however he made the decision to hang up his coat and walk away, leaving everything intact the way it was. No one seemed to grasp that perhaps he was tired of doing everyone a service when they were so eager to bash him.

he wasn't being a whiny bitch as I've seen so many post these past few days. in fact it's everyone giving him Hell that pushed him over the edge and caused the entire community to take a massive loss. everyone needs to quit attacking him. he didn't cause all of this. the clowns who could not let the situation rest, and continued their verbal assault caused this. people's arrogance and egos destroyed this.

I respect V and his decision. and I know I'm gonna have people come after me for this shit for taking his side. honestly, I don't care. I don't want to even be considered a deftones fan sometimes when I come on here and see everyone bashing others. there used to be more to this. a lot of you have lost sight of what this could and should have been. and now, a major piece of that has been stripped away.

I don't feel sorry any of you who will bitch and moan about what he did today. because honestly, it just proves how much time V wasted doing all of you favors all these years.

he never wanted anything, except maybe a thank you here and there. and there is a majority of you, like myself who indulged in his work and appreciated it for what it was. I'm sure he is proud knowing that comforting fact.

this is bullshit, just because there is a SMALL percentage of dicks on the internet acting like a dick (spoiler: that's the way the internet works) to him he decides to throw in the towel and fuck over everyone who does appreciate him and the work he's done? it's an impulsive, childish reaction and it's no reason to do it unless someone put a horse head in his bed or threatened to rape his favourite pet

i've never had any problems with the dude, just like most people, so i still have no idea why he reacted the way he did. maybe his goldfish WAS raped, if that's the case i understand

it wasn't a small percentage of dicks. 

it was countless close minded individuals who couldn't respect his decision to quit, attacked him, pushing him over the edge with phone calls, texts, messages online, etc. people harassing him because he refused to provide something he has for years. That is why the videos are no longer there. It's not his childish reaction to shit. It's him saying Fuck you to all the people that have been saying it to him.

You say you never had an issue with the guy, but then run your mouth about him. if you want to blame someone, blame the people that fucked with the guy and pushed to this extent.

half of you aren't going to be able to figure out why he did it because you're not smart enough to realize it's none of your Damn business. it was V's youtube, his videos. Not. yours.

quit Fucking crying.

"Carve your niche."

Penicks

Quote from: RollerDerby on Feb 26, 2013, 05:45 PM
So what happened to V videos and stuff? was he really getting lots of abuse? I had a feeling the videos wouldn't stay up so as soon as he posted that goodbye message on fb I started ripping al

Penicks

half of you aren't going to be able to figure out why he did it because you're not smart enough to realize it's none of your Damn business. it was V's youtube, his videos. Not. yours.

oh, so all those videos he made PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE ON THE BIGGEST VIDEO SHARING WEBSITE IN THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET were there for him and not for us? what an interesting point of view

he overreacted, i don't care what anyone says. it's a shame that all that great and rare footage is gone, i loved listening to some obscure shit after a night out while being mildly drunk

he took that away from me man

game over man

game over

from_musings

You say you never had an issue with the guy, but then run your mouth about him.

yes...? sorry for speaking on his behalf, but P said he never HAD an issue with him, until this point. he didn't say "i will never have an issue with him as long as i live". that was his whole point, that he's not the usual vesanic hater, he never had a problem with him before - but now he did.

also, all these videos posted wasn't a service for deftones fans because he's such a good person. it's other people's work that he put "brought to you by VESANIC" to market himself like the biggest fan out there because he has an extreme thrist for attention. i liked watching them videos too no doubt, but i never fooled myself why they were there in the first place

RollerDerby

regardless of what you say, the videos are gone. boo Fucking hoo.
"Carve your niche."

Deftones-argentina

Fuck the videos. We all miss the videos, but what's really a shame It's that V is gone. Everytime he was able to, he helped deftones fans, expecting nothing in exchange. Even though I don't agree  with  his reaction towards the pink maggit matter , It's a shame he's gone. his energy and enthusiasm will be missed, at least by me (and I don't even download or see bootlegs nowadays).

N0S3BLEED976

Did he just stopped sharing his videos and being around this board or did he stopped being interested in the band entirely?

gwenudo

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Feb 26, 2013, 11:18 PM
Did he just stopped sharing his videos and being around this board or did he stopped being interested in the band entirely?

Both actually
Was it like it seemed?...

closertothelung

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Feb 26, 2013, 11:18 PM

He's not really cared for the band's work these past few years, which is hardly news to anyone. Still very much appreciates the majority of their work Adrenaline - SNW; this ordeal hasn't changed that in the slightest, as far as I'm aware. Let's just say that he hasn't entirely cut himself off from the band because of this--it's more than likely that he will continue to follow what they do, just not so publicly, or in a live capacity.