Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RollerDerby

Quote from: Drop-Dead on Feb 27, 2013, 10:59 AM
Is this Deftones bullshit thread, or V's bullshit thread?
WTF you guys have to talk about a user that can't answer no more?!?!

Now's easy to talk about him because he's no moderator, but remember there are still people moderating this shit, and if you keep talking trash about him I'll start censoring this shit...he does not deserve that!

amen.
"Carve your niche."

slyartwork

Fuck you shittalkers. V is tha man. Respect to him!
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Smog

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 27, 2013, 04:22 PM

Amen to that!

TheShade1989

Quote from: ponyx on Feb 27, 2013, 03:21 AM
Last week I sent my 13 year old cousin a list of songs I thought he would like (they were all deftones' heaviest songs) and today he told me he LOVED them. That made me so fucking happy...it's kinda hard getting someone to listen to them and actually have them become a fan, especially when all he would listen to is Drake, 2 chains and all that radio crap. I wish that when I was his age someone introduced me to them.

My brother listens to Wiz Khalifa and everytime he hears Deftones he tells me it's the worst music ever because he cant even sing. He listens to ppl who can only sing with auto-tune so I take it as a good thing he hates them lol.

mothraw

let him lick his wounds and hope for him to get back to this board. I could talk shit about him , so can we all about us you and ourselves!  Fighting over dt was the best fun with him! Come back v i wanna lick you in the eye

Dath

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Feb 27, 2013, 07:29 PM
Last week I sent my 13 year old cousin a list of songs I thought he would like (they were all deftones' heaviest songs) and today he told me he LOVED them. That made me so fucking happy...it's kinda hard getting someone to listen to them and actually have them become a fan, especially when all he would listen to is Drake, 2 chains and all that radio crap. I wish that when I was his age someone introduced me to them.

My brother listens to Wiz Khalifa and everytime he hears Deftones he tells me it's the worst music ever because he cant even sing. He listens to ppl who can only sing with auto-tune so I take it as a good thing he hates them lol.

My brother says the same thing about Mike Patton. He actually has taste though, so it's a bit odd.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Dath on Feb 27, 2013, 10:12 PM
Quote from: TheShade1989 on Feb 27, 2013, 07:29 PM

My brother says the same thing about Mike Patton. He actually has taste though, so it's a bit odd.
I can see why he would say that sometimes Mike sounds great but on some songs he sounds a bit like a parody of himself

slyartwork

I understand now why this was the first time I checked the Deftones bullshit thread.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Gee

mothraw your signature pic is awesome - Diamond Eyes sessions ?
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

mothraw

Quote from: Gee on Feb 28, 2013, 12:46 PM
mothraw your signature pic is awesome - Diamond Eyes sessions ?
i think its in their rehearsel spot. And i found it here.... http://www.huckmagazine.com/features/deftones/

dictatesofreason

Quote from: musteatbrains on Feb 27, 2013, 01:13 AM
Ya'll are nuts.  These videos are property of Deftones, Warner, etc.  They are not V's to share in the first place.  Nor are they his to take away.  They're not his.  Ya'll give him way too much credit.  Yes, he shared tons of content (that wasn't his), but it's not like he was involved in the creation/production.  He didn't shoot the footage, he didn't perform the songs.  He just hung out in his basement and horded his way onto this board (and his blatant watermark was a testament to his true character/motives).  Most of that footage is out there, anyways.  The good stuff was 1997-2003, which is widely available elsewhere (i'm sure some of  you remember the good ol days of DC++).  There's no reason we can't start sharing it again without his wishful tyranny.  As far as I'm concerned, he was a virus in this community and did more harm than good. 

As far as he pissy fit he threw, everyone who called him childish is dead on.  Who knows what really went down with his "meeting" with the band.  And even if Chino did tell him yes, things change for various reasons.  Who knows why Chino said yes, but I'm sure it wasn't malicious.  For goodness sakes, V supposedly helped convince them play "Combat" and "Boys Republic."  But nothing's ever enough.  He expects them to be his personal jukebox, which is insane and shows how self-entitled he is.  He should just be grateful that he had the chance to kick it with the band, not at some fabricated meet and greet.  But no, that's not good enough either.  "Pink Maggit" - good song.  Life-saver?  Let's not be dramatic.  Life will go on with or without that song played live, but some people would rather just take their ball and go home.  Good riddance.

Im pretty sure if this was another board member things would be diffrent, it was a smalltime user or someone who didn't live on the board, this would not be a big deal-cuz its shouldnt

whats makes someone a "better" fan? the guy who has bunch of tones videos with a HIS OWN frikken watermark on them or a the guy who has two kids and a hardworking job and can only puts on a tones record when he comes home from work?

who can be the judge of that?
no one can. just because one fan can do something another cant dosent make them greater as a fan, person or anything for that matter
this is one guy people, not christ or krishna himself
all this is-is a case of favoritism and propaganda
there is more than one fan source for recorded shows
what happend happend

ignore the fashion

Just seen someone is selling a copy of the Adrenaline promo vinyl on eBay with a starting price of $900!! WTF!!

snw9

Agreed.
Code: [Select]

pony_01

Anybody saw this? found on the familia group.. its pretty funny btw lol

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/aj-maddah-on-more-local-acts-at-future-soundwave-festivals-fuck-no/

QuoteMaddah then went on to explain the severity of various local bands' un-professionalism, which culminated in a death threat to Deftones frontman Chino Moreno.

"It was a whole various bunch of shenanigans, down to one Australian band whose guitarist tried to kill Chino from the Deftones because his girlfriend was trying to blow him. It became really problematic.

gwenudo

Quote from: pony_01 on Mar 04, 2013, 01:45 PM
Anybody saw this? found on the familia group.. its pretty funny btw lol

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/aj-maddah-on-more-local-acts-at-future-soundwave-festivals-fuck-no/

QuoteMaddah then went on to explain the severity of various local bands' un-professionalism, which culminated in a death threat to Deftones frontman Chino Moreno.

"It was a whole various bunch of shenanigans, down to one Australian band whose guitarist tried to kill Chino from the Deftones because his girlfriend was trying to blow him. It became really problematic.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha xD thats chino for ya xD i wonder what year that happened!
Was it like it seemed?...

gwenudo

black coffee

Something had to be done with the screaming sheep videos... good stuff! Found one more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzFXcFDpR_Q

gwenudo

Quote from: black coffee on Mar 04, 2013, 02:36 PM
Something had to be done with the screaming sheep videos... good stuff! Found one more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzFXcFDpR_Q

Hahahahaha xD such great stuff!!!

Visitant

Quote from: Hidalgo on Feb 27, 2013, 12:39 AM
i couldn't give 2 shits if he ever comes back. 1 less person whining about their newer albums. but mark my words, he'll be back. he can't get enough of the attention some of you give him, & i bet he reads all this suff everyday (probably comes back just to have a big psychotic spaz out on me for this, lol)

"wahhhh Chino didn't do my bidding wahhhhh", when he mostly talks shit about him & the band all the time, & run fans off raggin on the 2 newest albums. if i was in the band & knew about his constant trashing the band, there's no way i'd even talk to him let alone do requests for him. also, i don't know why he wanted to hear pink maggit from the 2013 verson of deftones that he doesn't like, he'd just whine & say it's not 2003 or whatever, not any good, butchered it, etc, whine whine whine

less negativity around this joint the better. just hope a few people step up & post interviews, etc

i'm about as big of a fan of deftones as it gets, but i really don't care much about a bunch of youtube videos

WORD.
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

pony_01

anyone knows how much deftones get paid each shows?