Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesus2Chino

Ehhhh, while I don't want to comment on legalization and weed as an addictive substance etc., I think it's a little silly to say that smoking on a daily basis, and I mean smoking anything, has no ill effects on your lungs. I'm not saying it's the worst thing in the world, and I'm not saying there aren't more real and inherent dangers in life--but smoking is bad for your lungs. Anywho, that is all, lol.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Penicks

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jun 17, 2013, 01:12 AM
There is no official "best album ever recorded", it's all just subjective...

And Penicks, why do you even bother coming to this forum anymore, when the last Deftones album you were interested in is the S/T? To "correct" anyone else who still likes what the band's doing right now?

i love snw as well, it is my second favourite in fact

that's what i'm trying to say, you're all so influenced by weed that you all think diamond eyes and kny are the second coming, but they are, in fact, quite shite

DeftonesNZ

Again you're mistaking your own opinion for fact, my favourite is not the best album it''s just my favourite, it's all just personal preference debating it's pointless there's no right or wrong answer as something as subjective as music can't be applied to a scale, also making a correlation between marijuana use and poor taste in music is just plain ridiculous.

OnyxPanicProne

My favorite album is Diamond Eyes and I haven't smoked weed ever (or any other drug), touched alcohol ever, or hell even touched a cigarette ever

Penicks

god damn onyx live a little

OnyxPanicProne

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Jun 17, 2013, 06:49 AM
Ehhhh, while I don't want to comment on legalization and weed as an addictive substance etc., I think it's a little silly to say that smoking on a daily basis, and I mean smoking anything, has no ill effects on your lungs. I'm not saying it's the worst thing in the world, and I'm not saying there aren't more real and inherent dangers in life--but smoking is bad for your lungs. Anywho, that is all, lol.

Much respect,
-Matt

that sounds cute, but not really. It does have no ill effects on your lungs, I know that's not believable, but I've experimented with it my whole life. cigarettes cause cancer.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

sing blue silver

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Jun 18, 2013, 01:22 AM

Much respect,
-Matt

that sounds cute, but not really. It does have no ill effects on your lungs, I know that's not believable, but I've experimented with it my whole life. cigarettes cause cancer.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jun 18, 2013, 02:00 AM
Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Jun 18, 2013, 01:22 AM

Much respect,
-Matt

lol I know right.

even the doctors and scientists use it and approve of it.

Hank

Marijuana is a mysterious yet predictable substance.

It goes how you go .It brings out whats inside just like alcohol except in a more clear less abrasive fashion.
Like most things in nature it is to be treated with respect.

Don't disrespect it and it won't disrespect you.

It's beautiful.

Jesus2Chino

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Jun 18, 2013, 02:11 AM
lol I know right.

He was being sarcastic. You not developing cancer from smoking marijuana does not mean marijuana smoke is not carcinogenic. It just means you haven't gotten cancer from semi-regular use. Tobacco smokers can also smoke their entire lives and not develop cancer.

Of course I cannot say with complete certainty, but I think it's a reasonable assumption that if weed were to become legalized and institutionalized like tobacco, well-funded science would quickly follow correlating regular marijuana use to cancer. A probable reason that that science doesn't exist and isn't well funded is that marijuana doesn't carry the corporate stigma that tobacco does, and thus seems inherently less evil.

To say doctors recommend it so it can't be carcinogenic is also a bit silly. Most prescription medications are dangerous. Marijuana is a good alternative to some prescription medications, as it is much more difficult to abuse and because any ill effects are likely to not be immediate, and in this way it can easily be endorsed by doctors. It is also holistic and natural. Does that mean smoking it regularly can't cause cancer? Of course not. Our lungs were not designed to inhale smoke, no matter what kind of smoke, as smoke is basically aerosolized particulate matter. We're designed to inhale clean air, not particulates.

I don't know you personally SwerveCityUSA, so I really can't comment too much on you as an individual. But, I can say from the way you present yourself on this forum, it seems that you've come to the conclusion that being open-minded comes with a specific set of beliefs. Open-minded individuals all believe 'this,' and people who don't believe 'this' are close-minded. There's something fundamentally and systemically close-minded about that stream of logic, which I hope you can see. Now I'm not saying that's how you are, I'm simply saying that's how I'm percieving you based on your many posts on this forum. I could very well be wrong about it, and I'd be glad to be so. Anywho, just thought I'd expand on my earlier sentiments and throw my two cents in.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Jun 18, 2013, 02:43 AM
Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Jun 18, 2013, 02:11 AM
lol I know right.

He was being sarcastic. You not developing cancer from smoking marijuana does not mean marijuana smoke is not carcinogenic. It just means you haven't gotten cancer from semi-regular use. Tobacco smokers can also smoke their entire lives and not develop cancer.

Of course I cannot say with complete certainty, but I think it's a reasonable assumption that if weed were to become legalized and institutionalized like tobacco, well-funded science would quickly follow correlating regular marijuana use to cancer. A probable reason that that science doesn't exist and isn't well funded is that marijuana doesn't carry the corporate stigma that tobacco does, and thus seems inherently less evil.

To say doctors recommend it so it can't be carcinogenic is also a bit silly. Most prescription medications are dangerous. Marijuana is a good alternative to some prescription medications, as it is much more difficult to abuse and because any ill effects are likely to not be immediate, and in this way it can easily be endorsed by doctors. It is also holistic and natural. Does that mean smoking it regularly can't cause cancer? Of course not. Our lungs were not designed to inhale smoke, no matter what kind of smoke, as smoke is basically aerosolized particulate matter. We're designed to inhale clean air, not particulates.

I don't know you personally SwerveCityUSA, so I really can't comment too much on you as an individual. But, I can say from the way you present yourself on this forum, it seems that you've come to the conclusion that being open-minded comes with a specific set of beliefs. Open-minded individuals all believe 'this,' and people who don't believe 'this' are close-minded. There's something fundamentally and systemically close-minded about that stream of logic, which I hope you can see. Now I'm not saying that's how you are, I'm simply saying that's how I'm percieving you based on your many posts on this forum. I could very well be wrong about it, and I'd be glad to be so. Anywho, just thought I'd expand on my earlier sentiments and throw my two cents in.

Much respect,
-Matt
Speaking of air, the air today has carcinogens in it too, so does the water, our food, everything, so don't go the carcinogenic route, we'll all get scared. and to say our lungs weren't meant to inhale smoke, is like saying fire is not an element. yes it is one of the elements that is upmost important to our existence and when it burns we breathe in all that great smoke, even if it's more forests, sadly. but going by all cultures of the earth from the east west north and south, all of them have used smoking and fire in their culture and rituals, so not only was fire proof we were meant to inhale smoke, so is the very design of our minds proven through culture, that thinks so.

DeftonesNZ

Maybe in your country but we're I'm from we have pretty clean air, and humans are definitely not mean't to inhale smoke that's why you find it hard to breath and cough in smoke and your eyes start watering that's your body rejecting the smoke, there's a huge difference between using fire and directly inhaling smoke, hardly anyone even uses fire directly any more because of the side affects like smoke and I don't know who you're talking about with that generalisation of cultures but New Zealand's indigenous people even used to set up  their fires so the wind wasn't blowing smoke on them.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jun 18, 2013, 03:15 AM
Maybe in your country but we're I'm from we have pretty clean air, and humans are definitely not mean't to inhale smoke that's why you find it hard to breath and cough in smoke and your eyes start watering that's your body rejecting the smoke, there's a huge difference between using fire and directly inhaling smoke, hardly anyone even uses fire directly any more because of the side affects like smoke and I don't know who you're talking about with that generalisation of cultures but New Zealand's indigenous people even used to set up  their fires so the wind wasn't blowing smoke on them.

I am indigenous to new Zealand, back up.

look up anything and everything you can on fire, don't even waste words.

Jesus2Chino

Cultural behavior and tradition is not the same thing as biological function. If our lungs were meant to inhale smoke, smoke inhalation would never be listed as a cause of death on an autopsy chart. Fire was an incredibly vital element in shaping modern society, insofar that it allowed us to settle in one place, fend off predators, protect ourselves from dangerous pathogens in our food, master metallurgy etc., but it has very little to do with the cultural commonality of getting intoxicated and altering your mind. Of course the inhalation of smoke is a fast way to become intoxicated, and one that was relatively easy to discover, but that's not to say it's at the root of mind-altering substance use.

Earth is also a vital element to human existence, but you wouldn't advocate inhaling a cloud of dust that you tossed into the wind. Obviously you wouldn't, because it's not good for you. On the other hand, if it was discovered that doing so altered minds, there more than likely would have been a cultural common of inhaling dust. That doesn't mean it's good for our bodies.

You're failing to distinguish between what you perceive as good for your mind, and healthful for your body. You can argue that marijuana expands your mind, and is thus a soul-satisfying substance, but you can't simultaneously say smoking tobacco is bad for your body, and smoking marijuana is good for your body. In conflict with yourself you've made the claim that we're meant to smoke, and that that is proven on a cultural basis, but that we're not meant to smoke tobacco. Tobacco smoking was a cultural adoption as well, and it's clearly not good for our bodies.

I hear what you're saying--carcinogens are all around us in todays society. That is very true. That does not discount the fact, however, that marijuana is one of them. I never commented on how concerned we should be about it, in fact, I specifically stated that there are more real, inherent dangers in life, but clearly to write off marijuana as being healthful just because you didn't cough when you first smoked it and because you haven't yet developed cancer from it's regular use is a little silly. I honestly feel like if you can't concede to some small degree that there may be truth to anything I'm saying, you're just being close-minded and stubborn. Once again, just my feelings on the matter.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Hank

smoke pure sativa bred from queen born

live

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Jun 18, 2013, 04:24 AM
Cultural behavior and tradition is not the same thing as biological function. If our lungs were meant to inhale smoke, smoke inhalation would never be listed as a cause of death on an autopsy chart. Fire was an incredibly vital element in shaping modern society, insofar that it allowed us to settle in one place, fend off predators, protect ourselves from dangerous pathogens in our food, master metallurgy etc., but it has very little to do with the cultural commonality of getting intoxicated and altering your mind. Of course the inhalation of smoke is a fast way to become intoxicated, and one that was relatively easy to discover, but that's not to say it's at the root of mind-altering substance use.

Earth is also a vital element to human existence, but you wouldn't advocate inhaling a cloud of dust that you tossed into the wind. Obviously you wouldn't, because it's not good for you. On the other hand, if it was discovered that doing so altered minds, there more than likely would have been a cultural common of inhaling dust. That doesn't mean it's good for our bodies.

You're failing to distinguish between what you perceive as good for your mind, and healthful for your body. You can argue that marijuana expands your mind, and is thus a soul-satisfying substance, but you can't simultaneously say smoking tobacco is bad for your body, and smoking marijuana is good for your body. In conflict with yourself you've made the claim that we're meant to smoke, and that that is proven on a cultural basis, but that we're not meant to smoke tobacco. Tobacco smoking was a cultural adoption as well, and it's clearly not good for our bodies.

I hear what you're saying--carcinogens are all around us in todays society. That is very true. That does not discount the fact, however, that marijuana is one of them. I never commented on how concerned we should be about it, in fact, I specifically stated that there are more real, inherent dangers in life, but clearly to write off marijuana as being healthful just because you didn't cough when you first smoked it and because you haven't yet developed cancer from it's regular use is a little silly. I honestly feel like if you can't concede to some small degree that there may be truth to anything I'm saying, you're just being close-minded and stubborn. Once again, just my feelings on the matter.

Much respect,
-Matt

no, no, no.

I'm tired, I woke up at 6 am, look what I've got myself into. those whose logic stems from illogic, not again! here we go I'll break it down one by one.

the first part was noise in which you concluded with inhaling clouds, I really don't know anything about that.

but on the matter of the psych. Yes "marijuana" is good for that, even in the case of those who it drives crazy. I would argue that Tobacco which is another sacred plant and is medicine as well doesn't kill everyone simply because they love it and it puts them in a positive frame of mind and relieves stress, that alone is what fights off cancer and other negativities, the mind is stronger than the body, that's not just a saying. but what is even more positive enhancing and been used for meditation since the beginning of time by all cultures (not going by wiki, that is) yes herb.

I would be weary as a tobacco smoker if I used it through government resources. Id grow my own and smoke it by rolling it from the bark of a tree, if I used it.

it's not the inhaling of smoke that's bad for you, are you kidding me? you inhale gas, by that logic you would drop dead, be brain dead, or write the things you write which sound elementary and cute at best. most of all they win people over because it simply sounds logical.

To me saying that we aren't meant to smoke the nice things we find on this earth is like saying we wernt meant to drink water. your not going to die of nothing if you don't do nothing. lungs are made for smoke, for that is what air is.

DeftonesNZ

Also let's not forget most weed is not sourced straight from a plant, weed is often cut in with other stuff by dealers for increased profits, this stuff can damage your lungs. It's not just a issue of the side effects of smoke. I know some dealers will mix stuff in or soak their weed to increase the weight and others will even mix theirs with a fine glass like substance to add weight and create an thc heavy appearance and this cuts the lungs causing all sorts of damage, I think they call it grit weed.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jun 18, 2013, 04:57 AM
Also let's not forget most weed is not sourced straight from a plant, weed is often cut in with other stuff by dealers for increased profits, this stuff can damage your lungs. It's not just a issue of the side effects of smoke. I know some dealers will mix stuff in or soak their weed to increase the weight and others will even mix theirs with a fine glass like substance to add weight and create an thc heavy appearance and this cuts the lungs causing all sorts of damage, I think they call it grit weed.

ouch, thankfully I haven't had that. even more reason to get it off the streets, so people stop fuckin with it and giving motherfuckers a reason.

10 foot homegrown Delaware plants like Bob or no go. know whether or not your farming is done organically or not. NO GMO'S!

DeftonesNZ

Yeah goes back to my earlier point about most of the bad stuff that comes from weed is because it's illegal, making it illegal doesn't stop people from doing it, it just means you have no means of regulating the products safety and the crime that happens because of weed isn't because people are on weed it's because organised crime and gangs get involved so you get stuff like dealer conflicts and all the other shit that comes with drug rings.