Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

12 Years of White Pony

Started by cesar421, Jun 21, 2012, 02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cesar421

White Pony was released 12 years ago from today.

Time flies

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Shadow46/2

I'm actually doing a review of the album for a writing class. 
Anyone want to share their thoughts on the album? I could use some inspiration.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

live@space

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Jun 22, 2012, 12:16 AM
I'm actually doing a review of the album for a writing class. 
Anyone want to share their thoughts on the album? I could use some inspiration.

It is a strange balanced mix of soft and heavy sounds

SShapiro2011

LOVE this CD. one of my first true favorite albums

gottsu

I love this album. Very atmospheric and shows this is what the Deftones are known: of combining heavy riffs with melodic sings.  8) 8) 8)

if someone would ask me about a favorite song of this album then I would reply that this is not, the whole album is great!  :D :D :D

cesar421

It would be great if they play this album in its entirety in the future.

Vesanic

The imagery of this album will never be matched.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Says a fan.... we don't know that. I have a enough faith that they can do it again.... they r smarter so we shall see. WSe don't know, they do 8)
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Vesanic

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 24, 2012, 10:43 AM
They can't.

I kind of agree. It has a lot to do with artist's innocence being lost as they experience new things and as a result, they stop being as new and as exciting.
Still I think they can do brilliant things, maybe even better at some points, just not that groundbreaking.

Vesanic

BillyNo.9

I have to agree with the imagery thing. It's like you can pretty much envision what Chino is singing throughout the entire album.
Being locked in trunks, drying off corpses, climbing limbs, and fucking in a car. It's all so clear.

Caín

They should have disbanded after White Pony. They'd heralded as one of the most interesting and relevant bands in the alternative scene.

nicklav

Quote from: Caín on Jun 26, 2012, 07:05 PM
They should have disbanded after White Pony. They'd heralded as one of the most interesting and relevant bands in the alternative scene.

No.

from_musings

Quote from: Caín on Jun 26, 2012, 07:05 PM
They should have disbanded after White Pony

turn that frown upside down, maybe the new record will blow your mind. and what if eros will be released one day, maybe it will blow your mind too

Vesanic

Or maybe they'll both suck ass.

from_musings

yes "maybe" - that's my point - we don't know. and as long as we don't know, then it makes more sense to me to just chill with the disband thing. but obviously cain still think there's hope for new good shit from the band, otherwise he wouldn't be here snooping around for updates

slyartwork

Some guy I know who works for bands posted this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150990248293044&set=a.10150329937938044.367841.813973043&type=1&permPage=1

Its not the backdrop but the 'frontdrop', I remember they had it hanging in front of the stage and it dropped when the first song started on the BTS tour in 2001... Cool

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

ALightOn