Bloody Cape
---
Nosebleed
Engine #9
7 Words

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Longstem

Amsterdam worked out great that way.
Sly are you coming to Berlin too? Would be cool to meet again.

I have to spare tickets for Paris gig tomorrow. I cant go.

slyartwork

Okay we have another chance for Pink Maggit tomorrow. Hope he keeps his word.

No man, just Hamburg which is already so for away for me. 4,5 hr drive.....
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

nineteen

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 22, 2013, 08:53 PM
Im friends with their Front Of House (sound) guy so looks I might meet them on monday in Hamburg. I want to ask Chino more about the 'live' vinyls.

Edit: Tommy Vext sang in Snot in like 2008. Talked to him around that time since I did a whole lot of Snot merchandise. Coincidence you know him too.

Did you have anything to do with their 'Alive' album artwork? Own that CD and just wondered.

slyartwork

sing blue silver

Hoping my 19 hour bus trip pays off with at least one rarity next week. Doubtful though.

deftoolsys07

Good to see Nosebleed on the set again... I think that's a gem live...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

play

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Feb 22, 2013, 10:30 PM
Good to see Nosebleed on the set again... I think that's a gem live...
Yeah really hope thats on the set, when they hit Sydney.

jaypayton

Dath

Well if they were convinced to play Combat, I don't see why they won't play Pink Maggit. Maybe they're going to have to practice it first.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Dath on Feb 23, 2013, 01:11 AM
Well if they were convinced to play Combat, I don't see why they won't play Pink Maggit. Maybe they're going to have to practice it first.
Yeah they'll have to relearn it,I remember seeing someone ask the possibly V on the twitter Q&A about it and apparently they've forgotten the guitar parts.

kurtone

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 22, 2013, 06:01 PM
Vesanic hasnt just asked Chino, he was alone with him, Frank and Abe and made his point. Talked about the repitioning setlists and asked them to please please, for one time do it and then Chino just said. We'll play it. I think he will keep his word!

What was said about the repetitive set lists?

sing blue silver

But... It's such an easy song to play. They should be able to get that down during soundcheck.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 23, 2013, 02:23 AM
But... It's such an easy song to play. They should be able to get that down during soundcheck.
Yeah the riffs themselves are but the order is probably what's confusing them it's an 8 minute long song so knowing when to transition can be tricky but im sure it will all come back to them pretty quick.

Jerry_Curls

They've been playing music for 25 years..I'm sure they know how to play their own song. If not, they should just quit.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

cvthedrv

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Feb 23, 2013, 03:33 AM
They've been playing music for 25 years..I'm sure they know how to play their own song. If not, they should just quit.
Are you a musician? Yeah they could play them but not to the standard they want to meet it's unreasonable to expect them to tightly play all 80+ of their songs by memory especially since Sergio hasn't even been there for the whole time

slyartwork

Quote from: kurtone on Feb 23, 2013, 01:53 AM
Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 22, 2013, 06:01 PM
Vesanic hasnt just asked Chino, he was alone with him, Frank and Abe and made his point. Talked about the repitioning setlists and asked them to please please, for one time do it and then Chino just said. We'll play it. I think he will keep his word!

What was said about the repetitive set lists?

Ves has to tell us. Only talked to him for about 5 minutes. He said something about it but don't know how they responded.

shoop

should have just asked for Combat again lol

slyartwork

UH OHHH... Vesanic's story on facebook:

For the little story, I'm not going to explain how, but I got to talk to Chino in a "private" space for a couple. I had the chance to tell him about my everlasting love for Pink Maggit since White Pony came out. I told him about everything I did for the Deftones community. Not to brag about it, but just to let him know that for so long, I had been faithfully devoted to the band and the community. I gave him my truest self and told him about how the album saved my life, in a physical way. Those who read my winning story on the sharinglungs contest know. I shared with him a very sincere aspect of my life. Straight up to my face, he said they would play it. He did.

Eventually, the first Paris show was the most terrible Deftones show I've ever been to. The setlist was lame, Chino's voice was in dust and he skipped or changed many, many parts. The setlist was lame as shit, they skipped Nosebleed, and they didn't even include Rivière. Most people didn't even know Dai The Flu.

Long story short, Chino lied to me, and it's not the first time. I would never ask an artist to listen to everything their fans tell him. But I'd have him telling me he doesn't want to play it rather than telling me he will just to get rid of an annoying fan.

Chino Moreno has changed as an artist. His onstage act is not the same anymore, the fans aren't the same anymore, everything's changed. Tonight will be my last Deftones show. If people disagree, see me as an annoying, unfaithful fan, I don't give a shit. Chino wasted one of his most devoted fans, and he doesn't even give a fuck.