Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJR

Quote from: defeldrick on Feb 23, 2013, 08:26 PM
Regarding to Vesanics post:

I have very good experience with how Chino behaved to me.  Last week, the 18th February, I rode the train to Manchester to visit Deftones at The Manchester Academy 1. I bought a couple of T-shirts, beer of Carlsberg and stood in front of the fence engineers. I was watching the support band Three Trapped Tigers and suddenly rotate and look who stands about two feet from me, it was Abe! He was wearing a knitted cap to nobody would recognize him, but wishful thinking. I slowly reached down and pulled the camera from the bag. Slowly I came to Abe, greeted and politely asked if I could take a picture with him. Neither have time to say anything, took a picture with me, looking at me horrified and immediately disappeared.
After blissfully staring at the camera display that my shot was good I'm going back to my place and when I turn, I see it all the time behind me were standing Chino with Juan! At that moment I did not know if I feel good or see a ghost! ... Chino looks at me intently, about what I want. Avidly watched Three Trapped Tigers. I did not want to disturb him, but I had the chance to use it. I came to him, nicely greeted and asked him if I could take a picture with him. He said nothing, just as surprised and shook his head, no. Juan let me know that no. So I went back over there to where I was standing, I just dodged Chino's view. During that came to Chino two Britons whispered something to him and immediately dropped out when they asked if they can take a picture with him, he said only "later". After about 5 minutes of watching Three Trapped Tigers someone of two of them (probably Juan) tapped  me on the shoulder, that I can take a picture with him! I was so fucking nervous that my camera fell from my hands. I came to Chino and at that moment I was speechless, so the only thing in that moment it occurred to him to say was that this is one of the best moments in my life that I appreciate it. I asked him if he remembers the concert in Prague in 2010, and he said yes: "Yes, It was hot, man!". Then we shook hands, I thanked to Chino and then he disappeared with Juan. Nobody else didnt take a picture with him, at least, what I noticed at that moment.

You must have been the other side of the room, i was far right. Damn youuuu

Brice

Last video from Paris "Le Trianon" 1st night : "Dai The Flu"

http://youtu.be/qyKSTkoFcDQ

N0S3BLEED976

I managed to run into Stephen while he was smoking outside the venue in Hamburg. He approached me, assuming that I was a fan, said hello and shook my hand. I simply responded that I was excited to see them tonight, when two older jerks appeared and also spoke with him. He then asked them if they wanted to go backstage or in the tour bus, turned around, waved his hand to me and went off with those two guys, leaving me there like an idiot. It was probably because I'm either too young to hang out with them backstage or because I annoyed him with my lame-ass standard reaction by saying that I'm looking forward to their performance. Damn, I was so in shock that I couldn't think of anything interesting to say.

Anyways, at the concert I was able to get to the front row right in the middle, which was probably one of the most intense moments in my life. You could even see my beautiful face in the picture if it weren't for Sergio's arm which covers me.

Regarding the setlist, I was somewhat disappointed that they ignored S/T and SNW besides Minerva and Riviere. Still, the energy was there and it certainly was a lot of fun.

from_musings

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Feb 26, 2013, 02:33 PM
two older jerks appeared and also spoke with him. He then asked them if they wanted to go backstage or in the tour bus

why were those guys jerks?

N0S3BLEED976

therealdaebat

---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

from_musings

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Feb 26, 2013, 02:52 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Feb 26, 2013, 02:46 PM
why were those guys jerks?

Because they were able to get backstage ;)

ah those kind of jerks  :) nothing wrong with you telling him that you felt excited about the show though, honest positive feeling that wasn't a strategy to get something out of it, doesn't have to be much more than that.and it wasn't a brain fart like "wow you've got even fatter" "dude you look old" or "play pink maggit or i will burn all my cd's and delete my sl account" i think that short meeting sounded beautiful

Brice

Here is my first video from Paris "Le Trianon" Night 2 : My Own Summer (Shove It)

http://youtu.be/BQxB5YPASLk

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: from_musings on Feb 26, 2013, 03:01 PM
ah those kind of jerks  :) nothing wrong with you telling him that you felt excited about the show though, honest positive feeling that wasn't a strategy to get something out of it, doesn't have to be much more than that.and it wasn't a brain fart like "wow you've got even fatter" "dude you look old" or "play pink maggit or i will burn all my cd's and delete my sl account" i think that short meeting sounded beautiful

Yes, it certainly felt more sincere and honest, than asking him to sign my underpants or doing some awkward pictures

iceache

Deftones are on the bill for Orion Festival this year!

Brice

Hank

slyartwork

Hamburg was nice! Had a good time. Chino still had voice troubles because he had pneumonia. The show was pretty good. We got a stagedive from Chino during Diamond Eyes and overall it was a good show.

I went to the after show as well, a friend of mine works in the crew. Anyway, it was cool to hang out with them afterwards. Met them all a lot of times before but this time we hung out with them all night. Abe is the coolest dude ever. I brought some artwork and stuff and discussed my deftones collecting obsession and I gave him a list of what I owned (i collect music, not posters and t-shirts). I'm working on a discography and gave him a rough lay-out and he was just impressed and stood there like: man... this is so cool. I was his friend after that haha. Stef was nowhere to be found btw.

So we stayed there until the venue was closing and went to this alternative metal bar called 'Lunacy' where they went the night before. It was Chino, Frank, Abe, Sergio and Juan plus the other ppl who where at the after show and we had a blast there... We left at 3.15am so I must say it was a pretty good night! I was pretty wasted too haha. Best of times!

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

wheresmysnare

yeah yeah bla bla bla stage dives wayyy fuckin original huh, my gran has pneumonia you hear her complainin ?!.... cut to the chase, DID THEY PLAY PINK MAGGIT ------> TWO OPTIONS -------->

[YES]                                            [NO]

Munson

the venues in europe seem to be so small and cramp.

Smog

Quote from: Brice on Feb 26, 2013, 06:18 PM
Paris "Le Trianon" Night 2 : Digital Bath

http://youtu.be/lDyL0SvtMWA

Thanx a lot Brice for these perfect vids! Keep bringin' man!

play

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 26, 2013, 06:32 PM
Hamburg was nice! Had a good time. Chino still had voice troubles because he had pneumonia. The show was pretty good. We got a stagedive from Chino during Diamond Eyes and overall it was a good show.

I went to the after show as well, a friend of mine works in the crew. Anyway, it was cool to hang out with them afterwards. Met them all a lot of times before but this time we hung out with them all night. Abe is the coolest dude ever. I brought some artwork and stuff and discussed my deftones collecting obsession and I gave him a list of what I owned (i collect music, not posters and t-shirts). I'm working on a discography and gave him a rough lay-out and he was just impressed and stood there like: man... this is so cool. I was his friend after that haha. Stef was nowhere to be found btw.

So we stayed there until the venue was closing and went to this alternative metal bar called 'Lunacy' where they went the night before. It was Chino, Frank, Abe, Sergio and Juan plus the other ppl who where at the after show and we had a blast there... We left at 3.15am so I must say it was a pretty good night! I was pretty wasted too haha. Best of times!

Far out man. I am jealous! haha thats so sick

slyartwork

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Feb 26, 2013, 06:48 PM

yeah yeah bla bla bla stage dives wayyy fuckin original huh, my gran has pneumonia you hear her complainin ?!.... cut to the chase, DID THEY PLAY PINK MAGGIT ------> TWO OPTIONS -------->

[YES]                                            [NO]

Stagediving Chino nowadays is more rare indeed smartass.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Brice

sing blue silver

Sounds like a good time Sly. Definitely a little jealous.