Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

closertothelung

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 22, 2013, 03:37 PM
Okay, just talked to Ves who is near the venue in Paris now.

Chances are Deftones will be playing Pink Maggit tonight... Let's hope so! Ves met the band and asked Chino personally and gave his motivation why he wanted to hear it. Chino was like... "dude dude, you wanna hear Pink Maggit? We'll play it."

Siked!

edit: Ow anyone who IS going... Keep your camera's etc ready. Press record after each song and await Pink Maggit!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for him that this'll actually happen, and Chino isn't just bullshitting/won't change his mind last minute as he has done in the past.

Would be fucking awesome for this to happen after all these years, and even better if it gets recorded in decent quality at very least.

slyartwork

Vesanic hasnt just asked Chino, he was alone with him, Frank and Abe and made his point. Talked about the repitioning setlists and asked them to please please, for one time do it and then Chino just said. We'll play it. I think he will keep his word!
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

closertothelung

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 22, 2013, 06:01 PM
Vesanic hasnt just asked Chino, he was alone with him, Frank and Abe and made his point. Talked about the repitioning setlists and asked them to please please, for one time do it and then Chino just said. We'll play it. I think he will keep his word!

Fuck, that really does sound promising. If he'd just spoken to Chino about it, I'd be more than doubtful of this happening, but holy crap. This would really be something.

I need not to get too hopeful, haha--I'm not even there, damn it! He absolutely deserves it.

nineteen

Pretty cool! Personally not a major fan of the song but I'd definitely love to hear it live.

Good stuff.

TheShade1989

Although I'm happy to hear this, really happy, I have to be honest...I'm fucking jealous beyond words that some of you guys manage to hang out with them so easily. Like "oh hey Chino, fancy seeing you here. Guess what? Can you play Pink Maggit?" "Yeah alright if it means that much to you". I wish I was a hardcore fan that'd been into Deftones longer, then I could be chilling with them and getting them to add rarer songs. Vesanic needs to give me some tips lol. Also jealous that I didnt get to hear Pink Maggit, but meh, video is video. Hopefully someone records it.

976-EVIL

V has been wishing for this for quite a while, as much as he does for this site I sure hope he gets it!!!

For selfish reasons I do as well!!!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

ponyx

Wow! And if they do play it, I hope they play the WHOLE song.

gwenudo

Quote from: ponyx on Feb 22, 2013, 08:24 PM
Wow! And if they do play it, I hope they play the WHOLE song.

Im sure ves told them to play the entire song :P i dont think he likes it when deftones play songs half assed lol
Was it like it seemed?...

slyartwork

Vesanic always talks about Pink Maggit. Same dude also hyped them to play Combat in Amsterdam which they did. It's just finding the right way. He has the right contacts and just did all he could to get to talk to Chino. He is so into the live shows. He doesn't care about 'hanging with the band', he cares about what they play. Maybe thats the difference?

Anyway, have they played the song yet?!!

jaypayton

I smoked up with Chino backstage last summer in philadelphia and the year before that backstage in atlantic city..good times...im friends with tommy vext who is friends with chino..it pays to have connections people...shoulda asked them to play cant even breath or teething,,,

slyartwork

Im friends with their Front Of House (sound) guy so looks I might meet them on monday in Hamburg. I want to ask Chino more about the 'live' vinyls.

Edit: Tommy Vext sang in Snot in like 2008. Talked to him around that time since I did a whole lot of Snot merchandise. Coincidence you know him too.

gwenudo

So its 10 pm in paris now.. i think thats around the time deftones concerts are over... or is it at 11? .. i just want to know if theyve played pink maggit -.-
Was it like it seemed?...

closertothelung

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Feb 22, 2013, 08:59 PM
So its 10 pm in paris now.. i think thats around the time deftones concerts are over... or is it at 11? .. i just want to know if theyve played pink maggit -.-

Assuming that doors were at the usual time of 7, they would finish their set at 11 rather than 10. We'll just have to wait a little longer--especially since I'd think that they'd play it later on in the set (e.g. before Change, where Riviere's slot has been)!

sing blue silver

Pink Maggit?...

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!

In other news, I'm severely disrupting my fiscal security for a short period to see the band next weekend. Hope something like this happens to make it all worthwhile. I'm also risking being stranded in bum fuck nowhere Quebec. Fingers crossed people!

Penicks

Chances are Deftones will be playing Pink Maggit tonight... Let's hope so! Ves met the band and asked Chino personally and gave his motivation why he wanted to hear it. Chino was like... "dude dude, you wanna hear Pink Maggit? We'll play it."

Siked!

edit: Ow anyone who IS going... Keep your camera's etc ready. Press record after each song and await Pink Maggit!!

holy shit

i hope they actually know how to play it

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

deftoner664

Quote from: Penicks on Feb 22, 2013, 09:10 PM

Siked!

holy shit

i hope they actually know how to play it

SO fucking awesome, congrats to Ves for managing to pull that off, dude deserves it after all he's done. Anyways, I really hope they remember how to play it, because i thought I read a couple years back that Stephen forgot the riff, or how to play it.. I hope that's not true, it's pretty simple, and very similar to Back to School's chord progression ( basically is). Not to mentions, Abes' drum work! I'm sure they'll practice it during sound check if it happens.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

slyartwork

Indeed, if they don't play it tonight, they might tomorrow if they need more time to practice it.

TheShade1989

If they play it I'll be so jealous because it's only a few days after I've seen them. I think my tactic next time will be to go to the same shows as you guys so you guys can persuade them to play rare songs and I'll actually be there haha. Regardless, I really hope they do play it, it'd be an amazing experience for everyone there, and for the rest of us, well, it's 2013, I'm sure ppl will record it, so that'll be great too.

slyartwork

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Feb 22, 2013, 09:32 PM
I think my tactic next time will be to go to the same shows as you guys so you guys can persuade them to play rare songs and I'll actually be there haha.

lol