Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarloDefDonno

I've been to the show in Milan yesterday night. Holy shit, what a fucking show. I was in the front row and I've never seen such a pumped crow.
The band nailed it, their performance was beyond perfect. Chino jumped and sang on the crowd, held hands with the people in the front row (mine too  ;D ;D ;D), his screams were great. Really, it felt like a show from ATF era. A lot of people crowdsurfing, screaming, jumping, I just never experienced such a crow. They played the same songs they played in London, and the setlist was great!
Special mention goes to Prince, Rosemary, Rickets and Root.

I am a happy man. I can't get off the hype.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jun 08, 2016, 06:28 AM
Can't wait till their farewell tour when they finally play another song from Gore. I'm guessing it'll be Xenon.

:p

All joking aside, I would love to just see them jam out to their more immersive tracks with just a couple of "moshing" moments. The way they've been playing Rosemary recently is how I like to hear them sound :)

I bet they'll have a 'greatest hits' tour and that'll be the time they play the never-before-played/rare songs, hahaha. That's the time to get tickets!

Papa Prune

So who'll be in Paris tomorrow and wants to share a beer while we'll vomit on gore's production or while i'll be smashing your face if you say Gore's great (^^).

They'll be playing only one hour. So I guess the setlist will be the same as it was in Germany plus one or two songs.

Do they have cool merchandise to sell? I promise my ten year son that we'll be wearing the same white pony hat this summer.

CarloDefDonno

Quote from: Papa Prune on Jun 09, 2016, 05:51 PM
So who'll be in Paris tomorrow and wants to share a beer while we'll vomit on gore's production or while i'll be smashing your face if you say Gore's great (^^).

They'll be playing only one hour. So I guess the setlist will be the same as it was in Germany plus one or two songs.

Do they have cool merchandise to sell? I promise my ten year son that we'll be wearing the same white pony hat this summer.

Merchandise's cool, but expensive.

Papa Prune

Back from download Paris. I thought the setlist would be the same as previous day but they gave us little surprises:
Rocket
My own summer
Be quiet
Swerve
Rosemary (chino missed guitar and vocals several times)
Diamond eyes
Digital bath
Knife party
Prayers
You've seen the butcher
Change
Rubicon (steph's part were thrashed by sergio's bass)
Engine n°9

Quite agood show despite an awful balance (chino's voice was low compared to the music). I think Chino should stop playing guitar on stage because he often misses his parts. But they had a lot of energy and seemed happy to be there.

defmarco

2003-06-06 - Rock im Park
2003-09-29 - Columbiahalle
2006-10-16 - E-Werk
2007-03-27 - Columbiahalle
2013-02-26 - Huxley's Neue Welt
2016-06-14 - Palladium
2016-06-15 - Columbiahalle
2017-04-27 - Columbiahalle
2017-04-28 - Mehr! Theater am Großmarkt
2017-07-15 - Super Bock Super Rock

sooniletugo

You just listed the same old setlist

Papa Prune

My bad.

But since they've played only 55 minutes, I thought we were good for the rock am ring setlist. And when I heard the two songs from gore, I thought  we were lucky.  :'(

LG95

Did anyone see them at Download today?
I could float here forever

Longstem

I saw them in Milano last week. We flew from Brussels to Milan and had 2 lovely days visiting the city and rocking out on Deftones (for our 29th show).
Had a blast!

The venue was like 30kms outside of the city center, a bit of a bummer. But we made it on time. Weird venue and the place was packed from front to back. I loved the bar next to the venue, we had soms alcoholic beverages while Deftones playlist was blasting thru their sound system the whole evening. I would love a bar like that in my home town :).

The sound of the show was awfull, way too much bass. But the atmosphere was great. Italian crowd is well behaved compared to french or spain :)
Chino's voice didn't stood out and even Stephens guitar was lacking volume.

Too bad about the setlist (Rocket Skates as an opener just doesn't do it for me)  and again the lack of Gore material. But I'm sure they will make that up on the next cycle (next winter?)
I had high expectations for hearing Rubicon live but mainly due to the bad sound it wasn't that impressive.   

All by all a very nice trip. Can't wait for the show in Cologne next week !

See ya

sooniletugo

Saw em at Download, was sick. Got WHTY and Rubicon, no Prince or Root.

Alectwin

Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Jun 08, 2016, 11:49 AM
I've been to the show in Milan yesterday night. Holy shit, what a fucking show. I was in the front row and I've never seen such a pumped crow.
The band nailed it, their performance was beyond perfect. Chino jumped and sang on the crowd, held hands with the people in the front row (mine too  ;D ;D ;D), his screams were great. Really, it felt like a show from ATF era. A lot of people crowdsurfing, screaming, jumping, I just never experienced such a crow. They played the same songs they played in London, and the setlist was great!
Special mention goes to Prince, Rosemary, Rickets and Root.

I am a happy man. I can't get off the hype.

Went to the same gig, and i'm totally agree with you. It was like a family reunion for me (last time i've seen them was in 2000)

Vesanic

Dath

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 14, 2016, 10:05 PM
They played H/W and Bored tonight.

Did they play the intro to H/W or did they do it the way they did on Kimmel?

dawg

The setlist was great! We got two more songs than the usual setlist! :)

Hearts/Wires @Tape
Rocket Skates
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
MX
Swerve City
Rosemary
Diamond Eyes
You've Seen the Butcher
Prince
Prayers/Triangles
Hearts/Wires
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
Change (In the House of Flies)
What Happened to You?
Around the Fur
Rickets
Rubicon

Bored
Root
Engine No. 9 [with How I Could Just Kill a Man (Cypress Hill song) chorus]

Vesanic

Don't know. Someone posted a cool clip of it on the DeftonesLive page but removed it quickly for some reason.

dawg

If I remember correctly it was without the intro

https://instagram.com/p/BGpruKMI0es/

then again... could have been with the intro ;D

https://instagram.com/p/BGpsEEOpSvG/

Martin

ANattyRat

I can't believe they played Hearts/Wires and didn't play it at Wembley. My favourite Gore song out of the few they've played. Well, at least they added it to the setlist, even if it was just too late for me to get to hear them play it. Maybe next time.

therealdaebat

Quote from: ANattyRat on Jun 15, 2016, 08:33 AM
I can't believe they played Hearts/Wires and didn't play it at Wembley. My favourite Gore song out of the few they've played. Well, at least they added it to the setlist, even if it was just too late for me to get to hear them play it. Maybe next time.

Yup
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones