Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elite54

I need jaypayton to tell me what all these new songs live mean. It must mean they are breaking up after the tour. Doesn't everyone think?

ANattyRat

Quote from: elite54 on Aug 01, 2016, 03:23 AM
I need jaypayton to tell me what all these new songs live mean. It must mean they are breaking up after the tour. Doesn't everyone think?

It means they hate playing old songs now because it reminds them how much their music sucks compared to their amazing songs like 7 Words, and that their break-up is imminent.

B_S_79

They played Acid Hologram? Holy shit.

Great setlist. If this is accurate my faith is restored. Can't wait for Philly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B_S_79

If anyone finds any videos of the new Gore songs, post them please!

SMLiberator

Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 01, 2016, 01:52 AM
They played Gore! That's awesome, so at least they played one extra song from the new album, but hopefully a couple more. Least they've taken that on board and not stuck to the same few. https://www.instagram.com/p/BIjFL1OAG2G/

daaaaaaaaaamn I had no idea how much I loved that song until I saw the clip. always knew it would sound fucking amazing live, tho

about the setlist though, something about the fact that all the newly added songs are on the first half is bugging me... also the fact they picked three lesser known songs from the new album to play and left out the singles, not that that's a bad thing, tho.

hopefully someone will upload the full songs to youtube soon :D
i'm confused??

ANattyRat

Quote from: SMLiberator on Aug 01, 2016, 04:09 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 01, 2016, 01:52 AM
They played Gore! That's awesome, so at least they played one extra song from the new album, but hopefully a couple more. Least they've taken that on board and not stuck to the same few. https://www.instagram.com/p/BIjFL1OAG2G/

daaaaaaaaaamn I had no idea how much I loved that song until I saw the clip. always knew it would sound fucking amazing live, tho

about the setlist though, something about the fact that all the newly added songs are on the first half is bugging me... also the fact they picked three lesser known songs from the new album to play and left out the singles, not that that's a bad thing, tho.

hopefully someone will upload the full songs to youtube soon :D

Come on, dude. We're always whining about the setlist being promised of greatest hits, haha. They've played Prayers/Triangles a lot, it was time to give the lesser-known ones a go!

Hope someone posts a full video of them, especially (L)MIRL. I feel like it's got an awesome atmosphere to it that'd really do well at their shows, so I'm dying to hear it. I find it strange that they didn't play Prayers/Triangles though, I expected them to add one or two other Gore songs but still play that song, since that's the most well-known. Not complaining though, glad they gave the others a shot, and I'm sure they sounded awesome.

ANattyRat

Quote from: B_S_79 on Aug 01, 2016, 04:03 AM
They played Acid Hologram? Holy shit.

Great setlist. If this is accurate my faith is restored. Can't wait for Philly.

The only one I haven't seen any clips of so far is Acid Hologram, so not sure about that one, but the rest is accurate.

ANattyRat

Wait...they said they were doing something special for this show. Was it the setlist change? Were the new songs just a special treat, and now they're going back to the old setlist? Haha. Oh my god, that would kill me. Nah I don't think so, but I assume the special thing was the three new, never-been-played-before songs.

Inkblades

This is the first time they've played Acid Hologram live, right?

ANattyRat

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 01, 2016, 05:00 AM
This is the first time they've played Acid Hologram live, right?

Yep. First time playing Acid Hologram, (L)MIRL and Gore. Before that they'd only played Prayers/Triangles, Doomed User, Hearts/Wires and Rubicon.

Dryalex12

Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 01, 2016, 03:20 AM
Quote from: Dryalex12 on Aug 01, 2016, 03:16 AM
FULL SETLIST

Kimdracula
Swerve City
Acid Hologram
Diamond Eyes
Beauty School
Be Quiet and Drive
Gore
(L)MIRL
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
Rocket Skates
Tempest
Prince
Change
Passenger
My Own Summer
Headup

Not a single Adrenaline Song, three Gore songs and a SNW song? If that's accurate, that's pretty damn awesome.

hate to burst your bubble but the played Engine for an Encore

N0S3BLEED976

Can't wait for a full recording of (L)MIRL. So awesome they played Gore, too. It's one of my absolute favourites from the album, by now.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Dryalex12 on Aug 01, 2016, 06:19 AM
FULL SETLIST

Kimdracula
Swerve City
Acid Hologram
Diamond Eyes
Beauty School
Be Quiet and Drive
Gore
(L)MIRL
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
Rocket Skates
Tempest
Prince
Change
Passenger
My Own Summer
Headup

Not a single Adrenaline Song, three Gore songs and a SNW song? If that's accurate, that's pretty damn awesome.

That's fine, I like Adrenaline songs, just pointing out that they never go a show without playing them, haha.

plagasx

LG95

Quote from: ANattyRat on Jul 31, 2016, 11:42 PM
Short video of Deftones playing Minerva during soundcheck: https://www.instagram.com/p/BIiZdfRAVHg/
While they're at it, they so need to bring that song back in.
I could float here forever

Bunk

illthrowROCKS@U

I love that Kimdracula's on there, and Acid Hologram, but I am kinda sad they took off Rickets. It's my favorite track off ATF, and I was kind of excited to hear it live :(

Also no Rubicon! :(
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

snw9

Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 01, 2016, 06:42 AM
FULL SETLIST

Kimdracula
Swerve City
Acid Hologram
Diamond Eyes
Beauty School
Be Quiet and Drive
Gore
(L)MIRL
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
Rocket Skates
Tempest
Prince
Change
Passenger
My Own Summer
Headup

That's fine, I like Adrenaline songs, just pointing out that they never go a show without playing them, haha.

Wow, you just gave me some hope for the show in Canada, I hope to hear some SNW!
Code: [Select]

snw9

Quote from: snw9 on Aug 01, 2016, 03:49 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 01, 2016, 06:42 AM
FULL SETLIST

Kimdracula
Swerve City
Acid Hologram
Diamond Eyes
Beauty School
Be Quiet and Drive
Gore
(L)MIRL
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
Rocket Skates
Tempest
Prince
Change
Passenger
My Own Summer
Headup

Wow, you just gave me some hope for the show in Canada, I hope to hear some SNW! I would keep Rubicon on the setlist though.
Code: [Select]

LG95

I could float here forever