Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

I'm sure they are going to play some new material in the future shows.. At least I hope..

sooniletugo

Quote from: B_S_79 on May 13, 2016, 03:28 AM
Maybe they tried the new ones and were like "holy shit, no way we can pull this off.." and scrapped it.

See: Hearts/Wires. Played live twice. Disappeared from playlist. They've elected to use that as their intro track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it seems as though they can't play the H/W intro correctly. They struggled to pull it off at Amoeba, and they skipped it at the Kimmel show. So they just play the recording now. It sucks cause I'd like to hear the whole song.

77years

Should be easy:
LMIRL
Rubicon ( vocals are challenging)
Phantom Bride
Xenon
Doomed user

Challenging:
Hearts wires
Gore
Prayers Triangles (strange choice to keep considering high vocal)
Acid hologram (would love to hear a take on this)

No way (but it would be very cool):
Pittura infamante
Geometric headdress

B_S_79

I don't see why GH would be hard to pull off. The music isn't challenging. His vocals aren't hard. Nothing more challenging than any of the other type of screamy verses he has. (Hell, I'm convinced he would just YELL the verse during a live performance) The chorus is pretty melodic for him, but they aren't completely out of his range in a live setting.

The chorus for P/T and YSTB are way out of his range and they play them daily.

B_S_79

I would KILL to hear GH live. My favorite song on the album by far. Anyone catch those synth noises from Frank in the background? Song sounds chaotic, and I bet it would translate as well as WGTB in a live setting - and give Frank a chance to show off a bit.

ANattyRat

Quote from: B_S_79 on May 13, 2016, 02:53 PM
I would KILL to hear GH live. My favorite song on the album by far. Anyone catch those synth noises from Frank in the background? Song sounds chaotic, and I bet it would translate as well as WGTB in a live setting - and give Frank a chance to show off a bit.

Me too, and (L)MIRL.

jaypayton

lot of bands put out new records then do boring ass greatest hits/singles setlists on tour to bring in the $....depeche mode are a perfect example of this...and now the deftones have reached that status (actually they reached it in 2011 and have been there for the past 5 years).......i saw pearl jam back to back nights a few years ago. they did 3 hour sets both nights. 35 songs night 1. 30 DIFFERENT songs night 2..thats  aband that values live performance..the deftones are just a cashgrab touring act these days. glad i didnt spring for tickets on this tour. just so cant wait to hear MOS, BQAD, CITHOF and diamond eyes again

B_S_79

Quote from: jaypayton on May 13, 2016, 08:18 PM
lot of bands put out new records then do boring ass greatest hits/singles setlists on tour to bring in the $....depeche mode are a perfect example of this...and now the deftones have reached that status (actually they reached it in 2011 and have been there for the past 5 years).......i saw pearl jam back to back nights a few years ago. they did 3 hour sets both nights. 35 songs night 1. 30 DIFFERENT songs night 2..thats  aband that values live performance..the deftones are just a cashgrab touring act these days. glad i didnt spring for tickets on this tour. just so cant wait to hear MOS, BQAD, CITHOF and diamond eyes again

I was in Philly when they did Ten beginning to end. I don't think it's fair to compare Deftones to Pearl Jam, but I'll have to admit that seeing Pearl Jam's recent set lists on how varied they are and how they can just play an entire ALBUM (they played Binaural beginning to end two nights ago) on a whim night to night, really got me thinking about how disappointed I am in Deftones set list choice the last few nights.

ANattyRat

I honestly just don't understand how they can only play two new songs on a tour promoting an album. Every album except self-titled and Saturday Night Wrist have more songs played, and that's absurd. I love Digital Bath, it's one of my favourite songs, but if they took that song out for a year and replaced it with a new song or song they hardly ever/never play, would any of us care? I doubt it. If they take out some songs, yeah, some people's favourite songs might be taken out, but they've played them 100s of times, so who cares? I think most, if not all, of us would appreciate them playing other songs, even if they're not songs we personally love. Because it makes that setlist, that performance, special.

If anyone sees them, bring it up. Rocket Skates, Diamond Eyes, My Own Summer, etc. can be taken out for a while and replaced with Gore songs. Like seriously, it's time to tour Gore with GORE SONGS.

They've been playing Rickets, which is cool, and they've played MX and WHTY, which is also cool. They said they wanted to switch up the setlists and add older songs and stuff, so I'm glad they've at least done a bit of that. But god, are we going to have to wait until they tour the next album before they play another song from Gore???

Frankz0r

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 12, 2016, 10:54 PM
Quote from: Frankz0r on May 12, 2016, 02:47 PM
I'm seeing them on the next show (pompano, Friday) and I'm just fucking disappointed. I've been a fully deftones fan for 13 years, I've only seen them once back in 2007 (I'm from Venezuela, don't judge me) so this will be my second show and yes I'm excited but ever since the first show of this your they played I don't feel the same. For god's sake I'm gonna hear almost the same songs I heard live back in 2007!!! What the fuck... Engine 9 and Root at the end. Again? For about what... 12 years? Cmon... Also I'm sure they're not even gonna play anything from s/t and snw just because they (chino) don't like it anymore. Yes I'm pissed off. The only way I would be happier it's gonna be if I get to meet the guys.

Fuck you chino!!! I know you are the bitch here.

Please tape MX and What Happened To You if they play them, you may be our only ally in this.

There you go, I recorded both

MX:

https://youtu.be/c8AVH1cFl2o

What Happened To You?:

https://youtu.be/zL8LypZKxx0

I did my best.

The same setlist. No surprises here. It was a great show tho. Chino went crowd-surfing and it was great. I have that on video, I'll post it later.

SMLiberator

on a side note, I wonder why Frank doesn't sample the additional vocals in MX. the song sounds empty without the girl's voice.
i'm confused??

E-Money

Dude thanks so much for getting those songs on film. Really appreciate it! Wish chino could remember the words ... MX performance was dope. What happened to you was pretty weak imo. Hopefully they keep playing it and we get some good performances on film.

deftfan

Deftones live at Pompano Beach Amphitheater - Pompano Beach, FL (May 13, 2016)

Setlist:
1. Rocket Skates
2. My Own Summer (Shove It)
3. Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
4. MX
5. Swerve City
6. Rosemary
7. Diamond Eyes
8. You've Seen the Butcher
9. Prince
10. Prayers/Triangles
11. Digital Bath
12. Knife Prty
13. Change (In the House of Flies)
14. What Happened to You?
15. Around the Fur
16. Rickets
17. Rubicon
Encore
18. Root
19. Engine No. 9

sooniletugo

Frankz0r thanks so much for that. You're the man for getting those.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Frankz0r on May 14, 2016, 03:41 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on May 12, 2016, 10:54 PM
Quote from: Frankz0r on May 12, 2016, 02:47 PM
I'm seeing them on the next show (pompano, Friday) and I'm just fucking disappointed. I've been a fully deftones fan for 13 years, I've only seen them once back in 2007 (I'm from Venezuela, don't judge me) so this will be my second show and yes I'm excited but ever since the first show of this your they played I don't feel the same. For god's sake I'm gonna hear almost the same songs I heard live back in 2007!!! What the fuck... Engine 9 and Root at the end. Again? For about what... 12 years? Cmon... Also I'm sure they're not even gonna play anything from s/t and snw just because they (chino) don't like it anymore. Yes I'm pissed off. The only way I would be happier it's gonna be if I get to meet the guys.

Fuck you chino!!! I know you are the bitch here.

Please tape MX and What Happened To You if they play them, you may be our only ally in this.

There you go, I recorded both

MX:

https://youtu.be/c8AVH1cFl2o

What Happened To You?:

https://youtu.be/zL8LypZKxx0

I did my best.

The same setlist. No surprises here. It was a great show tho. Chino went crowd-surfing and it was great. I have that on video, I'll post it later.

DUDE, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was thinking no-one was ever going to record it, haha.

ANattyRat

That was an awesome performance of MX. It's weird they play WHTY, the chorus seems like it's tricky for Chino to pull off. So it's not even like the reason for the lack of Gore songs is that he can't do it.

See, if they got rid of Rocket Skates and a few others, they could add more Gore songs or even more rarely played/never played ones, instead of just MX and WHTY. Not that I'd be disappointed if they play these two songs in London, but...more new and rare songs!

LG95

I keep convincing myself that one of these days they'll play Pink Maggit.

Don't know why I do it to myself.
I could float here forever

ANattyRat

Quote from: LG95 on May 14, 2016, 11:39 AM
I keep convincing myself that one of these days they'll play Pink Maggit.

Don't know why I do it to myself.

They might. They played Riviere, they played WHTY, why not Pink Maggit? One day. Basically, they'll play any song that isn't from their latest album. Thanks Deftones!

B_S_79

Quote from: SMLiberator on May 14, 2016, 04:04 AM
on a side note, I wonder why Frank doesn't sample the additional vocals in MX. the song sounds empty without the girl's voice.

I feel like that was always a crowd participation song. Back in the day, Chino would alternate his part and the crowd would yell the girls part and then when it came back around again the crowd would do Chino's lines and he would yell back the girls part. It was cool.

gwenudo

Quote from: 77years on May 13, 2016, 01:17 PM
Should be easy:
LMIRL
Rubicon ( vocals are challenging)
Phantom Bride
Xenon
Doomed user

Challenging:
Hearts wires
Gore
Prayers Triangles (strange choice to keep considering high vocal)
Acid hologram (would love to hear a take on this)

No way (but it would be very cool):
Pittura infamante
Geometric headdress
The only hard ones are H/W, Phantom Bride, Geo and maybe Xenon .. Chino can pull of any of the vocals, his problem is that he keeps wanting to play the damn guitar. The guitar is what fucks him up bad, just look at the WHTY performance, the vocals are meh cause hes concentrated on too many things, look at Prayers, he had to stop playing his part cause it was too much.. If he could just calm his ass down and stop playing guitar, these live performances would be great. Cause ive seen him live, his voice is capable of doing anything, but once that guitar comes in to play, his voice changes and you can tell.
Was it like it seemed?...