Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

Verses are pretty straightforward metal, the chorus are still heavy but more sludgy and odd sounding,Chino's doing some cool stuff vocally, kind of going a bit abstract with it. It sounds like it's going to sound really huge on the actual record.

ANattyRat

Musically, sounds awesome, very dark. The vocals seem a bit weird, not really sure how it's supposed to sound, but then, maybe it just needs to be played more. Can't wait to hear the whole thing. Hell, can't wait to hear the whole album.

DeftonesNZ

Kind of reminds me of Melanie from the eros days but with Chino going weirder with it.

ConcealingFate92

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Mar 06, 2016, 06:33 AM
Kind of reminds me of Melanie from the eros days but with Chino going weirder with it.

Now i'm so excited to hear it.. Melanie sounds sick as fuck
Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

shoop

They didn't play Tempest or Root apparently

ANattyRat

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Mar 06, 2016, 06:39 AM
Try this one
https://mega.nz/#!EgYxTBiD!Lc3Wqun6OvNiy_NvsSJbXNp6JPDZkuJcDmSI86-Fa64

Thanks a lot! Sounds awesome, I love the guitar during the chorus especially, very sludgy and dark, and I'll be interested in hearing how the vocals sound on the song on the album. Definitely a heavier, more raw-sounding vibe, hopefully the vocals won't sound too polished. Probably a song Stephen got his own way on, surely.

kurtone

The guitar during the verse has a Faith No More Jim Martin era sound to it.

King Leer

LG95

Doomed User sounds pretty rad. Hope it isn't too cleanly produced on the record.
I could float here forever

LG95

Performance of Prayers/Triangles is a touch disappointing though. Chino doesn't even sing the end of the last chorus, leaving poor Sergio on his own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhEazx6Ptpk

ANattyRat

Quote from: LG95 on Mar 06, 2016, 09:00 AM
Performance of Prayers/Triangles is a touch disappointing though. Chino doesn't even sing the end of the last chorus, leaving poor Sergio on his own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhEazx6Ptpk

He seemed a bit all over the place at times, though the verses sound great, and some great screams. Might be wrong but seems like he forgot the lyrics a bit. Overall I liked it, good performance, but I'm sure it'll be a stronger performance next time.

Diplo

Finally they're doing something really different. Waiting for a proper release to judge it.

sooniletugo

I like the style of Doomed User but I need to hear the studio version. Wish they'd release it soon.

Seems like P/T is another song Chino can't pull off live then. Hopefully it gets better and he stops missing choruses. But he did leave Sergio to sing the high notes in Swerve and Sextape choruses so this is probably how it works. It was definitely underwhelming though sadly.

snw9

Thanks for posting the first link to Doomed User. I think with this recording you can hear the guitars more clearly (it's shortened):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jr_1367P1U

Credit to Jose Flores.
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

I really wish Chino would take some proper vocal coaching. He sounds terrible on P/T, all the highs sound off key, even the low verses are performed poorly. You just don't get to take a few months off and then sound so bad on your new shit premiere, kinda lame if you ask me. Pretty happy with this setlist though.

Impossible to make an opinion out of Doomed User, the performance is a fucking mess and you can clearly tell the vocals are way off.

Here's Rickets :

! No longer available

LG95

Quote from: MrVesanique on Mar 06, 2016, 01:23 PM
I really wish Chino would take some proper vocal coaching. He sounds terrible on P/T, all the highs sound off key, even the low verses are performed poorly. You just don't get to take a few months off and then sound so bad on your new shit premiere, kinda lame if you ask me. Pretty happy with this setlist though.
I have no idea why he doesn't. There's nothing wrong with having vocal coaching, loads of pros do, and at his age I think it's especially important. He surely can't be satisfied with sounding that off key every time he has to 'attack' a vaguely difficult line.