Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG95

I think Chino did the solo in Phantom Bride.
I could float here forever

tarkil

Quote from: LG95 on May 04, 2017, 11:18 AM

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Can someone confirm ?!?!???

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Martin

Quote from: tarkil on May 04, 2017, 12:12 PM

I'd love to know who did the solo too :D

Far away

Stop the machines... we got a new headline.
That would be ...weird ... I think.

Quote from: luisch on May 04, 2017, 10:11 AM
What a good time to be alive. Chino sounds amazing (in the DeftonesLive vids). Thanks a lot, V.

Oh, hi. I'm back.

Dude, long time no see... lol! Glad to see you are still around.

Far away

mono

Quote from: luisch on May 04, 2017, 10:11 AM
What a good time to be alive. Chino sounds amazing (in the DeftonesLive vids). Thanks a lot, V.

Oh, hi. I'm back.

back to the streets! welcome back, gonorrea!

snw9

I can't see Phantom Bride in the Deftoneslive youtube list, can you post the link?
Code: [Select]

Martin

Quote from: snw9 on May 04, 2017, 03:09 PM

I can't see Phantom Bride in the Deftoneslive youtube list, can you post the link?

The set - including Phantom Bride - is on FB.

snw9

Quote from: Martin on May 04, 2017, 03:35 PM

Thanks Martin, I was looking on youtube! I found it :)
Code: [Select]

Martin

Quote from: snw9 on May 04, 2017, 03:43 PM
Quote from: Martin on May 04, 2017, 03:35 PM

Thanks Martin, I was looking on youtube! I found it :)

You're welcome :)

LG95

I'm meant to be working right now but I'm too pumped about seeing these legends tomorrow.

ANattyRat

Quote from: LG95 on May 04, 2017, 03:54 PM
I'm meant to be working right now but I'm too pumped about seeing these legends tomorrow.

Have fun! Saturday I'm seeing them :)

Hidalgo

Quote from: Martin on May 04, 2017, 12:54 PM
Quote from: tarkil on May 04, 2017, 12:12 PM

I'd love to know who did the solo too :D
too good to be true. i bet some guy from another band played it for them, like always (say it aint so, simple man, yada yada). doesnt count if someone had to help imo. i refuse to believe they finally got that monkey off their back. probably nobody recorded it either, so we won't see it anyway to confirm

LG95

I've seen two live streams of PB; one of them was Vesanic's Facebook one, the other one was Stef's mate on Periscope. It was definitely either Chino or Stef that did the solo. From the Periscope stream, it looks to me like Stef's playing the main backing riff and Chino's doing the solo. Unfortunately it's hard to tell with that scope being side stage and V's stream being quite poor quality from a visual perspective (though pretty great on the audio).

Hidalgo

i'm really hoping one of you posts the videos on here, cause this is pretty bigtime if they actually played the solo. means it's truly their song now, and the solo monkey is off their back (maybe not off Stef's though, lol, if Chino was the one who manned up). i'll be super proud of them once i see it

LG95

ANattyRat

Quote from: Hidalgo on May 04, 2017, 04:59 PM
i'm really hoping one of you posts the videos on here, cause this is pretty bigtime if they actually played the solo. means it's truly their song now, and the solo monkey is off their back (maybe not off Stef's though, lol, if Chino was the one who manned up). i'll be super proud of them once i see it

It's already their song, dude. Lots of bands have guests on their songs, it doesn't mean it's not truly their song. Stef obviously can do solos, he just doesn't want to. Which is fine, he has no obligation to do it, but obviously either he or Chino played the solo live.

But anyway, I hope they start playing this more, it sounds brilliant live, I'm glad we got to hear it at least once. It was possibly just a treat for their second show in a row at the same venue, which would explain why the setlist was quite a bit different, but hopefully not.

Hidalgo

Quote from: LG95 on May 04, 2017, 05:07 PM
Vesanic's stream (Phantom Bride comes in around 33 minutes) https://www.facebook.com/Deftoneslivestuff/videos/vb.100567706684565/1463575833717072/?type=3&theater

Here's the Periscope stream https://www.pscp.tv/damonheller/1ZkKzyzMDowxv
thanks. freakin unreal! sounds really good live too :) **pinch me**

i think it's Chino who played it too

LG95

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 04, 2017, 05:16 PM
But anyway, I hope they start playing this more, it sounds brilliant live, I'm glad we got to hear it at least once. It was possibly just a treat for their second show in a row at the same venue, which would explain why the setlist was quite a bit different, but hopefully not.
I was alright with this tour's setlist but after seeing last night's and watching that performance... I just want that now. Feiticiera, Lhabia, Sextape, Phantom Bride, Hexagram, Riviere, Passenger, Minerva, Bored..... yes please.

ANattyRat

Quote from: LG95 on May 04, 2017, 05:34 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on May 04, 2017, 05:16 PM
I was alright with this tour's setlist but after seeing last night's and watching that performance... I just want that now. Feiticiera, Lhabia, Sextape, Phantom Bride, Hexagram, Riviere, Passenger, Minerva, Bored..... yes please.

I've seen them play every song on that setlist except four, so in terms of rarities and Gore songs, the other setlists will be more new and exciting for me. But I can't sit here and say it's a bad setlist. Maybe a bit repetitive from my own experiences, but no less enjoyable. I mean, Teething and Minus Blindfold I'd be incredibly excited with, but any Gore songs except P/T and Rubicon would make me happy, so it's all good :)