Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManiacNebula420

There are lot of footage in the Deftones facebook group

ManiacNebula420

ANattyRat

Lifter is awesome. So is Royal but I've heard them play it before. Wonder why he didn't do the scream at the end though, that's disappointing. Lifter is one of those songs I've been hoping they'll play for years but has escaped me. Strange that there's no Gore songs.

Vesanic

You can tell Chino struggles but he screamed almost the entire last chorus on Around the Fur, that was sick!
https://youtu.be/_lww5cSaipI

I think the main issue is not that he can't do these songs like before, but that he cannot let loose as easily as before, like he did on that chorus. I assume that's part of not feeling the same angst.

LG95

Interesting that they play this festival and then don't have another show for almost three months. Wonder if anything can be read into that.
I could float here forever

ManiacNebula420

Sadly he only did the "Take me" ,but that looked he want to continue it but he was too drunk or he was too slow?

ANattyRat

Quote from: LG95 on Mar 05, 2018, 04:02 PM
Interesting that they play this festival and then don't have another show for almost three months. Wonder if anything can be read into that.

Maybe they're in the process of recording the next album, or I guess maybe they just want to chill before they get back to it.

LG95

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 05, 2018, 05:16 PM

Maybe they're in the process of recording the next album, or I guess maybe they just want to chill before they get back to it.
I'm hoping the former...

Dath

Nice set with a few unexpectedly solid performances. I guess Gore's settling in between S/T and SNW as far as being a tour rarity.

Martin

truthaddict

I wrote this in the Tour / Concerts section yesterday too, but will drop it here for anyone interested.

----03-03-18   Botanica Music Festival @ Six Flags, San Antonio TX  

This was a weird festival, but fun.  It was the first year for it, and it was on Six Flags grounds right next to all the rides.  They originally had it planned for two days, but it seems like some bands backed out, and they cut it back to just one day.  It wasn't advertised very well.  Deftones didn't even list it on their own website until like 4 days before the festival, so I was worried they might not make it.

I didn't care for most of the opening bands, and it was raining, so I showed up right before Deftones was scheduled to start.  They were one of the Headliners, with that rapper Logic headlining some other stage.  Alessia Cara and Bishop Briggs are cool though, so I am kind of kicking myself for missing them.  Oh well. 

Deftones put on a good show as always!  High energy.  Everyone sounded on point.  Chino said they haven't seen each other for like 4 months, and they were happy to see everyone.  According to their twitter, they got together a day early before the festival opened and rehearsed.  Not much other talk between songs.  Good set list!  Might be the only time I've ever heard them play Lifter live, so it was a nice surprise.  Minerva is always good!

And we had enough time to ride some roller coasters right after they played.  No lines!

Rosemary
Feiticeira
Knife Prty
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
Diamond Eyes
Tempest
Swerve City
Around the Fur
Digital Bath
Royal
Change (In the House of Flies)
Lifter
Engine No. 9 + How I Could Just Kill A Man
Minerva
Rocket Skates

truthaddict

I thought it was weird too.  Deftones had been advertised as a headliner on the festival website for months.  But I was on the fence about buying a ticket for a while, so kept checking Deftones.com.  I'm pretty sure Deftones.com had it listed in the tour section like 3 or 4 months ago, then pulled it down for a while, and only put it back up like 4 days before the festival... Don't take me completely at my word on that though.  I may just be imagining that it was ever listed there until it showed up last week.

I'm not too surprised they would sign up for a one-off show in San Antonio though.  When they come through on their own tour, SAT pretty much always sells out fast.  Out of all the cities in Texas, it usually has the most fun crowd.  Just overall the best shows in my experience.  I think they must be on good terms with promoters there too.  Last time they came through was 2016, and they sold out this huge, badass outdoor venue that used to be a Lonestar beer brewery.

I know a few local radio DJs, and they have heard some rumors that Deftones might be playing some surprise shows in Austin for SXSW again.  They did two surprise shows in 2016.  A lot of the big name artists won't get announced until just a few days before they play.  But if that's the case, they kind of showed up early since SXSW doesn't start until next Monday 03/12.

Hopefully it happens though, and I don't miss it.

ANattyRat

LG95

Chino needs to lose some weight and look after his voice again. Kimdracula sounds alright up til the end of the chorus and the start of the second verse when he runs out of steam.

He seems to be able to falsetto certain bits out now but there's a point just below those notes when he needs to belt it a little and doesn't seem to have the power to do it (and it's kind of painful watching him try).

Vesanic

Night 2 out of 3 in Chile

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2018/teatro-coliseo-santiago-chile-bed05da.html

Finally they played songs from each record!

I don't want to hype it up for nothing, but they never played three nights in a row at the same place if I'm correct. If there was ever a time for rarities, night 3 in Chile will be the one.

Maybe they'll bring back Combat or Battle-axe? Or maybe premiere Gauze or This Place is Death...

Vesanic

Penicks

Quote from: LG95 on May 30, 2018, 12:23 AM
Chino needs to lose some weight and look after his voice again. Kimdracula sounds alright up til the end of the chorus and the start of the second verse when he runs out of steam.

He seems to be able to falsetto certain bits out now but there's a point just below those notes when he needs to belt it a little and doesn't seem to have the power to do it (and it's kind of painful watching him try).

he's 45 dude

ANattyRat

Some nice songs on that setlist. Not complete rarities, but ones not played that often. I'd love to hear Gore and Hearts/Wires, when I saw them they only played Phantom Bride.

LG95

Quote from: Penicks on May 30, 2018, 02:52 PM
Quote from: LG95 on May 30, 2018, 12:23 AM

he's 45 dude
I know but there other rock vocalists his age that are managing fine. If his voice was fucked then I'd get it but he's able to hit the notes sometimes and then struggles awfully at other times. If he lost some weight and looked after himself a little more then he'd be more comfortable.

Quote from: Vesanic on May 30, 2018, 12:00 PM
Night 2 out of 3 in Chile

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2018/teatro-coliseo-santiago-chile-bed05da.html

Finally they played songs from each record!

I don't want to hype it up for nothing, but they never played three nights in a row at the same place if I'm correct. If there was ever a time for rarities, night 3 in Chile will be the one.

Maybe they'll bring back Combat or Battle-axe? Or maybe premiere Gauze or This Place is Death...
That's what I thought. I'd be happy with just a couple of those sort of songs. Battle-Axe would be great but I think that's one of those that Chino doesn't want to do anymore.