Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JVell

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 15, 2012, 10:38 PM
rock_n_frost's got a temporary ban.

Thank you. He's insufferable.

Inkblades

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Sep 15, 2012, 09:05 PM
Sure, here's a question for everyone: based on the titles, what do you think the songs will be like (musically, lyrically, emotionally, etc.)?

I know it's 100% speculation, but hey, least it's something to pass the time by.

Graphic Nature, Goon Squad, Tempest and Gauze all sound like they could be heavy. Swerve City sounds like it could be groovy and futuristic.

mothraw

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 15, 2012, 11:59 PM
Quote from: TheShade1989 on Sep 15, 2012, 09:05 PM
Sure, here's a question for everyone: based on the titles, what do you think the songs will be like (musically, lyrically, emotionally, etc.)?

I know it's 100% speculation, but hey, least it's something to pass the time by.

Graphic Nature, Goon Squad, Tempest and Gauze all sound like they could be heavy. Swerve City sounds like it could be groovy and futuristic.
I think the title romantic dreams isa trap and it will turn out as the heaviest track on the new album

defsteve

Quote from: mothraw on Sep 16, 2012, 12:13 AMI think the title romantic dreams isa trap and it will turn out as the heaviest track on the new album

"Many songs are over five minutes long, with tons of cool tempo changes, and some real monsters, such as 'Romantic Dreams'. Get ready for that one."
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

dictatesofreason

pfft you are all insufferable. whats wrong with having a signature that says " fuck you mods"? are we in Soviet America now? Hello Stalin, this is Free Speech goodbye. What you all could do is shutup and talk about the music, not about whos the better being or how awesome you think you are your words are just becasue you're a moderator. So far the only people actually talking about the music are the dudes discussing the axe differences.

paulieknoxville

Who the fuck do I need to pay off to get an advanced copy of KNY? Everything I've read about this album promises the heaviest material they've recorded since Around the Fur, but with the atmosphere of DE and White Pony.

"BUT DADDY! I WANT IT NOW. I WANT AN OOMPERLOOMPER NOW, DADDY."

I have nothing to base this off of, but I get the feeling that Poltergeist, Graphic Nature and of course, Romantic Dreams are going to be three of the heaviest bangers on the album. And after all, that's what we all want, isn't it?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Sep 16, 2012, 02:11 AM
pfft you are all insufferable. whats wrong with having a signature that says " fuck you mods"? are we in Soviet America now? Hello Stalin, this is Free Speech goodbye. What you all could do is shutup and talk about the music, not about whos the better being or how awesome you think you are your words are just becasue you're a moderator. So far the only people actually talking about the music are the dudes discussing the axe differences.
Well everyone's meant to be welcome here and mods can't just let him harass girls every time they want to post so he got what he deserved he knows the rules.

Teknoman

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Sep 15, 2012, 08:16 PM
Quote from: Teknoman on Sep 15, 2012, 05:19 PM
Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Sep 15, 2012, 03:19 PM

That's not possible to tune a 6 string down that low, I'm pretty sure Chino plays in Drop C or something. I wonder if someone can verify this...

Someone said that for Rosemary Chino was using Drop A# (really low for a 6 strings) and i can confirm it is true... this means he went 1 step down from Drop C, i know this because i tabbed Rosemary and saw the live performances and the only way to play the song the same way Chino plays it is by using Drop A#. And Stef is using Standard F (he went another half step down)

How the hell can you tune a 6 string down that low and still have some tension in the strings? Is he using a baritone guitar or something? The lowest I've ever bothered tuning a 6 in is B and that was pretty ridiculous, even with heavy gauge strings...

A baritone guitar could be possible but i dont think so, unless he has a custom baritone Gibson SG

I guess he's using extra heavy gauge strings, like the Dunlop .013-.056, those are really, really think strings (basically its a 7-string guitar set without the higher string). I've been using them for almost a year now and i can down tune my strat guitar up to Drop A with decent tension... but i keep it on Standard C (cause its my "stoner" guitar ;P)

http://www.amazon.com/Jim-Dunlop-DEN1356-Xtra-13-56/dp/B001DCDZKQ

I make music too

iceache

Quote from: Teknoman on Sep 16, 2012, 03:12 AM

That's not possible to tune a 6 string down that low, I'm pretty sure Chino plays in Drop C or something. I wonder if someone can verify this...

Someone said that for Rosemary Chino was using Drop A# (really low for a 6 strings) and i can confirm it is true... this means he went 1 step down from Drop C, i know this because i tabbed Rosemary and saw the live performances and the only way to play the song the same way Chino plays it is by using Drop A#. And Stef is using Standard F (he went another half step down)

How the hell can you tune a 6 string down that low and still have some tension in the strings? Is he using a baritone guitar or something? The lowest I've ever bothered tuning a 6 in is B and that was pretty ridiculous, even with heavy gauge strings...

A baritone guitar could be possible but i dont think so, unless he has a custom baritone Gibson SG

I guess he's using extra heavy gauge strings, like the Dunlop .013-.056, those are really, really think strings (basically its a 7-string guitar set without the higher string). I've been using them for almost a year now and i can down tune my strat guitar up to Drop A with decent tension... but i keep it on Standard C (cause its my "stoner" guitar ;P)

What most likely happened, is that he converted his SG to a Baritone.

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-acheter-et-vendre-instruments-de-musique-guitares-Epiphone-SG-Special-Edition-Baritone-W0QQAdIdZ409531738

That's an ad for a Baritone SG

lungdamage

one of my guitars is a 6 string esp sc-500, modded setup for heavy gauges.... like a pack of 54-11's (throw the .11 away) + a 62 on top. So four wound strings. Holds drop A perfectly. Is currently in drop G#.... tension is fine, doesn't got out of tune.

just sayin

luisch

Deftones - Rosemary (New Song) Live Chicago at Allstate Arena 8-15-12

off topic, I really love how Abe has been including things and more stuff to his sound (2:45)
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

bewareofrats

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Sep 15, 2012, 08:48 PM

Can we just get this topic back on track?
Is this question directed at yourself?
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

punkflop01

Bza々

Quote from: pony_01 on Sep 15, 2012, 07:55 PM
imho the band think "trempest" is a very very cool songtitle so they wanna use it on the next album, modified it into "tempest" and they dont care if it was a tentative songtitle for eros. i believe its a different material with "trempest". yes, just because they can.

AND another opinion about Koi No Yokan
i heard a little stoner rock, or southern rock or whatever on rosemary, i hope they did a southern rock album with KNY

Stoner/southern rock? lol, Rosemary sounds like a mix between beware, minerva, and sinatra to me, not sure what you meant by that typecast but ok.....

Bza々

Quote from: paulieknoxville on Sep 16, 2012, 02:16 AM
"BUT DADDY! I WANT IT NOW. I WANT AN OOMPERLOOMPER NOW, DADDY."

lol wtf

Bza々

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Sep 16, 2012, 02:11 AM

DERP. The mods on this board are mad lenient compared to other forums I lurk on. You're just a renegade.

ZackND

@ pony_01 When I hear the phrase "southern rock" I think of Kid Rock and that shit sucks.

fuzzylogics

Quote from: Teknoman on Sep 16, 2012, 03:12 AM

I talked to his guitar tech and hes using a .52 which he says make the setup pretty tricky for that song. Its a standard SG with A#.

Northcal

Anyone
know how many cover  songs will appear on KNY??I wish they would Cover tom petty-last dance with mary jane would be sticky sweet my friends, lol :'(

mothraw

No idea.but that petty track would be pretty rad.i still hope they don't put the covers on the new album.they should release physical singles again and put those covers and studioleftovers on there.