Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Favorite Chino Moreno project: ¿Team Sleep, Crosses or Palms?

Started by luisch, Jul 01, 2013, 02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

DeftonesNZ

They're all pretty even to me, can't really compare them because I think they are all unique from one another so it's more of what mood I'm in than who's best, I just went with Team Sleep because they have a much bigger catalouge

Inkblades

Hmmm. Good question.

I don't think I would go with Palms. It's a little early in the game for them. They only have six songs to their catalog. And, to be honest, I don't think the album features the best vocal work Chino has ever done. Great moments from him, but he's just a little inconsistent overall. If they ever do another album, I hope Chino writes the songs with them as a band so he's more immersed in the music. While I'm not going with Palms, I will say that Mission Sunset is probably one of the best songs he has ever been apart of. Definitely the most epic and ambitious song he's done, for sure.

I think Crosses has a lot of potential. I enjoyed both EP's a lot and am looking forward to a full length (they better release a full length, damn it) and finally hearing the full versions of all those video snippets. I actually just edited a video together of all the snippets that have yet to be released. Will try to upload it soon. A lot of them sound pretty damn amazing. Especially When Face Goes Pale, which I've been waiting to hear for three years now.

Still, I think I have to go with Team Sleep. For now. Just looking at their catalog, they have the most stand-out songs. So far. Apollonia, Ataraxia, Ever, Your Skull is Red, Natalie Portman, Mercedes, Death by Plane, Iceache, Blvd Nights, Ever Since WW1, Acoustic One, Our Ride to the Rectory, Princeton Review, King Diamond (unmastered version) 11-11, etc. Plus all the various demos. It might change if Crosses release a really great album, but right now Team Sleep is still in the lead.

Hank

Although they are all different ...Palms for me . The atmosphere cannot be matched and the lyrics fit so well. Team Sleep have some really great songs( love the S/T record ) that I will always love and it's hard to even compare the two but Palms just blew me away with the six songs they put out .

Crosses is good but the Ep's just didn't hit me like the other two. I love trophys, bermuda and frontier though.

Like I said, really hard to pick because they all are different but I really dig what he just put out and I think it has the most potential out of the other two.

tarkil

Team Sleep (mostly because Untitled - Unmastered is so amazing), but Palms is a close second... Really digging their album !!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: tarkil on Jul 01, 2013, 08:21 AM
Team Sleep (mostly because Untitled - Unmastered is so amazing), but Palms is a close second... Really digging their album !!
Yeah if it was down to just official studio releases Team Sleep would be at the bottom for me it's all the unmastered songs and demo's that I love, I can't believe how some of those songs were left off the album some of their best material will never be heard by lots of people, no Iceache and Death by Plane for starters.

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

digital bath

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jul 01, 2013, 08:27 AM
Quote from: tarkil on Jul 01, 2013, 08:21 AM
Yeah if it was down to just official studio releases Team Sleep would be at the bottom for me it's all the unmastered songs and demo's that I love, I can't believe how some of those songs were left off the album some of their best material will never be heard by lots of people, no Iceache and Death by Plane for starters.

Thats right!

All the hours and days I spend on the computer searching the Internet about every demo and unreleased song by TS I could find, the feeling of every new found song with its beauty melody I dreamy listening over and over again... I never felt so much in love with music like with Team Sleep.
Every time i read something about a new TS song it's like one of the best news that you can bring me! :)

DeftonesNZ

It's a real shame because people who get their cd aren't really seeing what they have to offer, I reckon if I had only heard that cd I wouldn't be a fan, the demo's are the real gold I listen to that stuff for hours on end, even just the beat demo's are awesome.

cvthedrv

team sleep by far cause represents the very unique and exploring essense of chino.

elite54

I'm still going with Team Sleep as well. I wish they would make more music.

chuckles

team sleep... crosses... y quema a las palmas de coco..
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: elite54 on Jul 01, 2013, 05:23 PM
I'm still going with Team Sleep as well. I wish they would make more music.
I don't even think they ever fully stopped Chino has said Team Sleep is still very much alive and I've seen him mention that he and Crook still do stuff together when they can hang out and through the internet he said him and crook are constantly sending stuff to each other, I think he just said it's hard to get everyone together because everyone is so busy nowadays.I also think he might want to keep it low key because of what happened last time, it started out just having fun with friends making music but it got bigger than he wanted it to and all the bullshit he was trying to have a break from like record companies and touring started to creep into it and it stopped being fun, I remember someone saying on here that they talked to Crook and he said that once it started getting serious Chino lost interest and that's why he doesn't sing on a lot of the songs, might not be the case though.

bewareofrats

I'm not sure.  The top would either be Team Sleep or Palms, then Crosses.

Since I haven't had nearly as much time with Palms, I'll say Team Sleep.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Gee

Team Sleep without a doubt.

Crosses has some very good songs but also a couple of really average ones.

Palms seems to be more consistent in quality, but being less straightforward music, needs more time to appreciate fully. I'm not quite there yet.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Bza々

Team Sleep>Deftones>Palms>crosses

Ya, I said it. Get mad.

only pieces remain

not going to "get mad" and give you anymore attention than you deserve since deftones were not part of this poll.

Team Sleep > Palms and Crosses

FlyingPiranha

I haven't heard most of the TS demos (and haven't listened to the album too often either honestly), so I'd rank them as Palms > Crosses > Team Sleep.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

pinkmaggit69

Hearing Team Sleep open with Natalie Portman live in Portland.  Chills.

Drinks won't stain this birth!

Bza々

Quote from: FlyingPiranha on Jul 06, 2013, 02:04 AM
I haven't heard most of the TS demos (and haven't listened to the album too often either honestly), so I'd rank them as Palms > Crosses > Team Sleep.

smh,  https://soundcloud.com/bdotexe