Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The 9th Deftones Album Thread.

Started by Inkblades, Jan 11, 2014, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parsyeb

Yeah, we all have our favorites, but it baffles me to see fans who absolutely hate certain albums... even from Adrenaline to KoNo, there seems to be so much continuity. Basically, mostly what's changed is that Steph runs the bottom end and leaves the stuff he used to do with harmonics to Frank.

But with that said, Diamond Eyes has always felt like a lesser album, even if "Royal" and a couple other songs remain in heavy rotation. Better singles than KNY anyway (I haven't listened to Leathers or Tempest in a long time... almost as long as it's been since I jammed to Rocket Skates). But fuck man, to trash "Rosemary" in the name of "Birthmark" or to prop up "Romantic Dreams" and say that "One Weak" sucks? Doesn't make sense to me...

honeybeewu

Quote from: parsyeb on Feb 17, 2014, 01:31 AM
Yeah, we all have our favorites, but it baffles me to see fans who absolutely hate certain albums... even from Adrenaline to KoNo, there seems to be so much continuity. Basically, mostly what's changed is that Steph runs the bottom end and leaves the stuff he used to do with harmonics to Frank.

But with that said, Diamond Eyes has always felt like a lesser album, even if "Royal" and a couple other songs remain in heavy rotation. Better singles than KNY anyway (I haven't listened to Leathers or Tempest in a long time... almost as long as it's been since I jammed to Rocket Skates). But fuck man, to trash "Rosemary" in the name of "Birthmark" or to prop up "Romantic Dreams" and say that "One Weak" sucks? Doesn't make sense to me...

I'm sooooo with you. 

With me, The day and my mood typically dictate what album I'll be "faving". I Love them all for different reasons.

Typically adrenalin comes on when my boss is pissing me off. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teknoman

Quote from: iceache on Feb 16, 2014, 02:53 AM
There's nothing to clarify. Interviews are done months in advance, and only published many months later.. in some instances, such as the chino interview where he says they're taking the rest of the year off... He meant the rest of 2013, writing in Feb 2014. There's nothing more to it than that.

Quote from: FlyingPiranha on Feb 16, 2014, 02:50 AM
Not much of a fan of Adrenaline myself, but I like listening to it sometimes to see how far they've come.

Anyway, I saw someone post about the confusing info lately about the band, so let me clarify it to the best of my knowledge: when Chino mentioned the band getting back together in February to write new music, and going on break for a bit, it was the same interview (I think it was done in November or December of last year). It's just getting picked apart and quoted now, so it seems conflicting and out of context. As far as I interpreted it he meant they were taking a break from when they finished last years' touring and then getting back together to write this February, not Feb '15.

So with that in mind, and being a little bit optimistic, they could drop a new album by the end of this year!... or maybe early 2015.

I mean they spend around 2 months writting new songs and then posted this image on April 2012 when they moved their gear to the recording studio and by the end of the year Koi No Yokan was out... maybe they will repeat that same schedule in 2014.

I make music too

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: parsyeb on Feb 17, 2014, 01:31 AM

yeah i agree. over the years they haven't gotten worse they've just evolved excellently.

dictatesofreason

True that the only song I willingly skip is "Mein".

Teknoman

My guessing was not that far from reality after all.

Quote from: Chino MorenoI think we're all excited to make some noise together again, so I think right now we're looking at, planning-wise, of doing that, and hopefully have a record or material to go record by the end of the year or early next year

Source

I make music too

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: Teknoman on Feb 19, 2014, 08:37 PM
My guessing was not that far from reality after all.

Quote from: Chino MorenoI think we're all excited to make some noise together again, so I think right now we're looking at, planning-wise, of doing that, and hopefully have a record or material to go record by the end of the year or early next year

Source

hell yeah

dictatesofreason

how is the next album the "9th album" last I heard KONY is number 7. bsides is not an album its not even a best of its more a excess album.

kurtone

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Feb 20, 2014, 04:48 AM
how is the next album the "9th album" last I heard KONY is number 7. bsides is not an album its not even a best of its more a excess

Eros

dictatesofreason

oh wait were counting that now?, I remember 2-3 years ago when I praised/wanted/talked about EROS I got slammed by pretty much everyone on SL-nice to know everyone's finally pulled the collective asses from their fourth point of contact.

thewanderer

Sad to see some things never change around here. Godspeed Deftones, I can't wait.....
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

Inkblades

Of course I'm counting Eros. It's Chi's last album. Why wouldn't I count it?

dictatesofreason

THATS FUNNY YOU MUST HAVE A COPY OF IT THEN HUH. NICE TO KNOW YOU PEOPLE AROUND HERE STILL HAVE HEADS MADE OF CHEESE

Slacker

Man... it has been more than 10 years. When the forum became sharinglungs...you guys remember those days? pre-selftitled... great times.

buddyboy101

Quote from: Slacker on Feb 26, 2014, 02:42 AM
Man... it has been more than 10 years. When the forum became sharinglungs...you guys remember those days? pre-selftitled... great times.

haha yes!!  i remember the old layout had a white/light grey background with blue text.  those were also the dc++ days...by far the the best time to download bootlegs and rare stuff.  good times here!

Inkblades

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Feb 26, 2014, 02:24 AM
THATS FUNNY YOU MUST HAVE A COPY OF IT THEN HUH. NICE TO KNOW YOU PEOPLE AROUND HERE STILL HAVE HEADS MADE OF CHEESE

Cool story, bro.

Law

Gaz

Quote from: Law on Mar 12, 2014, 11:13 AM
Shame he's getting fat again.

I reckon he will get himself in "album release shape" again. Either that or he has to lay off the Burritos and Tacos

cvthedrv

he's getting like a pig again, cause he recently got married, what the fuck are you expecting?