Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The 9th Deftones Album Thread.

Started by Inkblades, Jan 11, 2014, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurtone

I'd rather they work with someone completely different, get 'em out of their comfort zone.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah but we all know how that worked out for SNW, speaking of SNW I could see them working with Shaun Lopez properly, I'm not keen on it at all but I could see them doing it.

kurtone

Yeah but they've said they weren't in any condition to make a record during that time. I'd like to see them take the new work ethic and use someone vastly different. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they almost work with dan the Automator for SNW?

III

Yeah they did a little but not anything recorded i think. That would've been awesome.

DJR

I hope it has guest appearences by Bieber, Pink, Jessie J, Selena Gomez and One Direction! Fucking love those guys

epistaxis

Quote from: geraavl08 on Jan 15, 2014, 09:55 PM
2 more hours

Hahaha! Oh the memories..

I do hope they'll get on board with Terry, but I have a gut feeling the next album will involve Nick again.
Oh and I want to hear some covers this time!

BallZDeeP

Quote from: kurtone on Jan 31, 2014, 05:08 AM
I'd rather they work with someone completely different, get 'em out of their comfort zone.

this

Northcal

Terry muthafucking date 8)or Bob Rock why tha fukk not!!!

sing blue silver

Quote from: Northcal on Feb 08, 2014, 04:07 AM
Terry muthafucking date 8)or Bob Rock why tha fukk not!!!

Because Bob Rock is a terrible producer and has a history of ruining bands. I don't understand why the guy is so sought after. The way he records things sounds so hollow and clean and boring.

lahemi

I don't have any expectations in which direction they should go with the next album, I feel like they have done everything they could with their trademark sound to be honest. As much as I like songs like Graphic Nature, Gauze, Risk, Prince, Rocket Skates, etc., I'm getting really tired with these kind of songs, it's Deftones on autopilot.
I just want a much more organic feel soundwise, the last two albums are way too clean for my taste. Oh, and I keep repeating myself, but I want interludes.

cvthedrv

Quote from: kurtone on Jan 31, 2014, 05:08 AM

fuck yes!

DJR

Inkblades

Alright, so according to this article (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/crosses-chino-moreno-talks-depeche-mode-and-deja-vu-20140210), Deftones are taking the rest of the year off and reconvening in 2015.

jaypayton

since the last 2 albums were shit and Chinos side bands all sound the same, it would be nice if the new album actually had some fucking balls and aggression.

Diplo

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 10, 2014, 11:09 PM
Alright, so according to this article (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/crosses-chino-moreno-talks-depeche-mode-and-deja-vu-20140210), Deftones are taking the rest of the year off and reconvening in 2015.

It's not a bit long ?

iceache

That interview is old... You'll see that he says they'll be doing some writing in Feb.. I seriously doubt they're going to take an entire year off..

geraavl08

That interview was from last year! That means they should be writing in these upcoming weeks!

2 More hours!

Diplo

Every time I read this fucking "2 more hours" I wonder if it's was funny even at the beginning.
More seriously, what is the most certain, one year of nothing or writing new material...

Inkblades

Quote from: iceache on Feb 11, 2014, 12:43 AM

That interview is old... You'll see that he says they'll be doing some writing in Feb.. I seriously doubt they're going to take an entire year off..

He's touring with Crosses for the rest of February.

Inkblades

But you're right. Doing nothing for the rest of the year with Deftones seems doubtful...unless he's focusing on side projects full time.