Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geraavl08

Another piece of the puzzle has been added to their instagram page.

Dos horas más!

mono

cvthedrv

we already know the fucking cover, SPEEED THE SHIT UP, Slowpoketones.

E-Money

So does anyone know how the cover got leaked in the first place if that is the cover? I'm confused.. And do we think we'll be getting more snippets of the song or just a full song coming up in the next few days? Hmm..!

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: E-Money on Jan 28, 2016, 08:46 PM
So does anyone know how the cover got leaked in the first place if that is the cover? I'm confused.. And do we think we'll be getting more snippets of the song or just a full song coming up in the next few days? Hmm..!

It's been on Shazam.

therealdaebat

When they released the snippet I was able to open shazam and listen to the clip and it found the track in their database along with a small version of the album cover (obviously this shouldn't have been up yet). I think they planned on doing the album 1/9 a day release thing so now we basically get to sit around and wait for them to get that out of their system.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

RaptureWS

Quote from: therealdaebat on Jan 28, 2016, 09:05 PM

When they released the snippet I was able to open shazam and listen to the clip and it found the track in their database along with a small version of the album cover (obviously this shouldn't have been up yet). I think they planned on doing the album 1/9 a day release thing so now we basically get to sit around and wait for them to get that out of their system.

I think it may be a bit of a meta-joke for them. Obviously the cat is out of the bag already but 9 straight days of releasing an image that is practically identical to the one the day before. It would have made a bit more sense if 'Gore' wasn't confirmed as the album title already. Makes me wonder if this is a subtle jab at people and fans (admittedly like me) that get so excited and serious over anything Deftones related. "We are going to release a picture of flamingos everyday and on the 9th day you put it together to make a bigger picture of more flamingos. Get excited!". 8)
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

E-Money

Quote from: RaptureWS on Jan 28, 2016, 09:16 PM

I think it may be a bit of a meta-joke for them. Obviously the cat is out of the bag already but 9 straight days of releasing an image that is practically identical to the one the day before. It would have made a bit more sense if 'Gore' wasn't confirmed as the album title already. Makes me wonder if this is a subtle jab at people and fans (admittedly like me) that get so excited and serious over anything Deftones related. "We are going to release a picture of flamingos everyday and on the 9th day you put it together to make a bigger picture of more flamingos. Get excited!". 8)

Got it thx! Yea doesn't make much sense to me either. If that is indeed the cover then I'm sure it shouldn't have been put up on shazam.. Weird..

therealdaebat

Quote from: RaptureWS on Jan 28, 2016, 09:16 PM

IMO they're doing it just for the masses. People that only follow facebook / instagram pages whereas we've had all kinds of info for a while now. I also know that most bands don't do their own facebook updates and rather have a social media expert doing stuff and this seems to be that very situation.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Knucklestones

But has anybody used Shazam on any of the other Deftones snippets Chuck put up on his instagram? I have mp3s of them.

mono

Quote from: Knucklestones on Jan 28, 2016, 09:36 PM
But has anybody used Shazam on any of the other Deftones snippets Chuck put up on his instagram? I have mp3s of them.

THIS!

Val

Quote from: Knucklestones on Jan 28, 2016, 09:36 PM
Seriously? Thats a fantastic idea. Try it and report back!

Quote from: therealdaebat on Jan 28, 2016, 09:33 PM
IMO they're doing it just for the masses. People that only follow facebook / instagram pages whereas we've had all kinds of info for a while now. I also know that most bands don't do their own facebook updates and rather have a social media expert doing stuff and this seems to be that very situation.

Im pretty sure Velvet Hammer is handling it and the website. If you look at Deftones.com the favicon changed after they messed with the site. It went to a KNY icon to the Velvet Hammer logo.

Knucklestones

Reichward

I used Shazam on all 4 but it gave me nothing. Works for Prayers & triangles though.

Knucklestones

Quote from: Reichward on Jan 28, 2016, 09:55 PM
I used Shazam on all 4 but it gave me nothing. Works for Prayers & triangles though.
Probably because that's the only thing they have in the database just yet. So we know it's gonna be a single.

ANattyRat

Doesn't look like we're getting any other song teasers, or they would've been released when the newest picture was uploaded. Ah well, I'm excited despite already knowing what the full picture is. After a long time of them being silent, it's nice to finally have all of this.

RaptureWS

When people whisper it makes her nervous.

phil for real

Quote from: RaptureWS on Jan 28, 2016, 10:26 PM
Quote from: Knucklestones on Jan 28, 2016, 09:49 PM
I don't know how to use Shazam, though. I can give you guys the mp3s. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8-_yk0wdmXFNHYzbUlaZDg5ajQ&usp=sharing

I have only ever heard the last one. Thanks for this :D

Yeah never heard these.  The second one is absolutely amazing.  Love that sound.  The clips so far sound very spacey and atmospheric.  Love it.

gwenudo

I don't know how to use Shazam, though. I can give you guys the mp3s. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8-_yk0wdmXFNHYzbUlaZDg5ajQ&usp=sharing
I didnt know about this. Ive only heard the last one, source? Thanks man! That Cantrell one sounds so much different from anything theyve ever made! Wonder how legit this is!
Was it like it seemed?...

luisch

Thanks for this. Where you get the second one? That sound so fuckin massive!
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know