Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Feb 04, 2016, 07:13 PM
Quote from: shoop on Feb 04, 2016, 07:11 PM
Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Feb 04, 2016, 07:02 PM
So glad they decided to upload it to youtube, now being enjoyed at 320 and waiting 6pm to go meet Stephen at Guitar Center :D
It's 128kbps on youtube

Actually I converted it to audio 320 with Realtimes

Rofl, amazing

Far away

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 04, 2016, 07:17 PM
Quote from: Far away on Feb 04, 2016, 07:11 PM
Quote from: gottsu on Feb 04, 2016, 07:00 PMperfect to some mainstream rock radio.

Agree

Altho I do like Tempest. The record version, anyway. Every live version of it that Ive watched, is rly bad. Thansk, Sergio. ¬¬

also... prayers... triangles

Why, is it Sergio making the live versions bad?

Lets just say his backing vocal skills are not good. AT ALL. Lol... well, at least for me.

gottsu

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 04, 2016, 07:09 PM
Quote from: gottsu on Feb 04, 2016, 07:00 PM
I don't dig the hype for this song. It's just boring and perfect to some mainstream rock radio. The bassline and drums sounds like in RX Queen, nothing new for me. Also the bridge is KNY-ish.

I expected just a little more dynamic, powerful record not only on choruses.

I assume this is the most straightforward-sounding, typical Deftones song on the album. They're not going to release, for example, the song with Jerry Cantrell, for a first glimpse into the album, you know? They want something that'll appeal to most fans, and most fans will be happy with a song like this, because it's simply Deftones. Ticks all the boxes. I'm very sure this is nowhere near the highlight (musically or vocally) of the album. I'm expecting a great album, to be honest. I love the song, but I don't consider it to be a representation of the overall sound of the album, so it hasn't changed my expectations at all. That's just me though. I never have to worry much about not liking Deftones albums, thankfully.

I know that this is only one song, the whole album will contain 11 tracks, but I simply don't get all the words in interviews said by Chino and the rest about the new way of recording songs etc. I see no difference. With that or without, Chino's inspirations are well known.

In the other song snippet I can hear some similiarity to "The Years" by Crosses. Deftones are copying their older tunes?

phil for real

Terry Date is still the best at producing Chino's vocals.  I was honestly hoping for the vocals to sound like Self Titled era.  Production and everything reminds me of Saturday Night Wrist for sure.

Vesanic

Digging this tune. Production got more decent, Chino's found a better balance between his trademark style and his new horizons, and hot damn is that chorus catchy. Solid bass right there.

m1nusblindfoLd

Can someone rip the YouTube audio please and post a DL link? The YouTube vid keeps skipping for me within Chrome Mobile for whatever reason.

Thanks!

Far away

Quote from: phil for real on Feb 04, 2016, 07:25 PM
Terry Date is still the best at producing Chino's vocals.  I was honestly hoping for the vocals to sound like Self Titled era.  Production and everything reminds me of Saturday Night Wrist for sure.

You and me both, my friend.

Slacker

Quote from: Bifrost on Feb 04, 2016, 07:09 PM
someone want to attempt the complete lyrics? ;)

this is what im hearing:

prayers / triangles

there's a new strange...
godless demon awake, inside me

there's a force divine
terrorizing the angels i keep

while we dream...

prayers (prayers)
layed on the line (layed on the line)

you will never be free
you will never be free

i'm a true slave
to the fire and the air... around you

while this curse divine
it's slowly rotting away inside me
while we dream

prayers (prayers)
layed on the line (layed on the line)

you will never be free
you will never be free

triangles (triangles)
placed in your mind (placed in your mind)

you will never be free
you will never be free

beware x4

i will never walk this street again!
the only time i feel i'm not alone!
i pull my heart out, i waved it in the air!

prayers (prayers)
layed on the line

you will never be free
you will never be free

triangles (triangles)

you will never be free
you will never be free

prayers! (prayers)
triangles! (triangles)
prayers!

you will never be free
you will never be free

i will never walk this street again!
the only time i feel i'm not alone!
i pull my heart out, waved it in the air!
i pull my heart out... beware!

props to @Knucklestones, @shine down unshy, @theataraxian and the guys on reddit

shine down unshy

There's a new strange
Godless demon awake inside me
There's a force divine
Terrorizing the angels I keep
While we dream..

Prayers (Prayers)
Laid on the line (Laid on the line)
You will never be free
You will never be free

I'm a true slave
To the fire and the air around you
While this curse divine
Is slowly rotting away inside me
While we dream..

Prayers (prayers)
Laid on the line (laid on the line)
You will never be free
You will never be free

Triangles (Triangles)
Laced in your mind
You will never be free
You will never be free

Prayers
Triangles

That's all I can understand. 

Phantasmagoria

I'm not quite catching onto this new song, but I suppose it may grow on me. The screaming is a bit awkward tbh, felt like there should've been another line or two, it ends abruptly too soon. I'm actually somewhat disappointed, KNY is one of my favorite Deftones records, I was expecting as good as that.. The riff during the chorus is amazing, but I feel like it could've been used somewhere else without the vocals.

Still looking forward to the album though.

gottsu

Quote from: Slacker on Feb 04, 2016, 07:33 PM
Quote from: Bifrost on Feb 04, 2016, 07:09 PM
someone want to attempt the complete lyrics? ;)

this is what im hearing:

prayers / triangles

theres a new strange...
godless demon awake, inside me

theres a force divine
terrorizing the angels i keep

while we dream

prayers (prayers)
layed on the lines (layed on the lines)

you will never be free
you will never be free

army to slave
to the farland... the air around you

while this curse divides
it slowly riding the wave... inside me
while we dream

prayers (prayers)
layed on the lines (layed on the lines)

you will never be free
you will never be free

triangles (triangles)

you will never be free
you will never be free

be away x4

god, will you never?!
walk this steel gate?!
how many times?! feel my memory!
i pull my heart out, wait the anger!

prayers (prayers)
layed on the line

you will never be free
you will never be free

triangles (triangles)

you will never be free
you will never be free

prayers! (prayers)
triangles! (triangles)
prayers!

you will never be free
you will never be free

god, will you never!?
walk this steel gate!?
how many times? i feel my memory
pull my heart out, wait the anger!!
i pull my heart out... be away.

props to @Knucklestones

The lyrics are beast!

...at least the lyrics.

shoop

I miss that higher pitched snare sound from Abe, that used to cut right through the mix perfectly. Just one song though so whatever.

Slacker

Quote from: shine down unshy on Feb 04, 2016, 07:38 PM
There's a new strange
Godless demon awake inside me
There's a force divine
Terrorizing the angels I keep
While we dream..

Prayers (Prayers)
Laid on the line (Laid on the line)
You will never be free
You will never be free

I'm a true slave
To the fire and the air around you
While this curse divine
Is slowly rotting away inside me
While we dream..

Prayers (prayers)
Laid on the line (laid on the line)
You will never be free
You will never be free

Triangles (Triangles)
Laced in your mind
You will never be free
You will never be free

Prayers
Triangles

That's all I can understand. 

nice one, im taking your second verse. great job!.

phil for real

Quote from: shoop on Feb 04, 2016, 07:42 PM
I miss that higher pitched snare sound from Abe, that used to cut right through the mix perfectly.

Yeah, I've never understood why they went away from Terry Date.  Dude captured their sound incredibly well.

Deadradio

Quote from: phil for real on Feb 04, 2016, 07:45 PM
I miss that higher pitched snare sound from Abe, that used to cut right through the mix perfectly.

Yeah, I've never understood why they went away from Terry Date.  Dude captured their sound incredibly well.

Yeah, bring back Terry. Still loving the new song though.

mono

Not sure if it's here, but Frank Maddocks is in charge of the artwork of GORE:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBYAEshml1n/

LG95

Now THAT I would like to hear again. I'm a fan of everything Deftones have done but I do miss that snare sound.

There's a lot I'm enjoying in this song. Sergio's bass sounds really good, I love the little elements Abe's put in, I like what Chino's done with the vocals. All sounds very promising.

I'm going to have to try and listen to this song as little as possible before the album comes out.
I could float here forever

ANattyRat

Quote from: gottsu on Feb 04, 2016, 07:24 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 04, 2016, 07:09 PM
Quote from: gottsu on Feb 04, 2016, 07:00 PM
I don't dig the hype for this song. It's just boring and perfect to some mainstream rock radio. The bassline and drums sounds like in RX Queen, nothing new for me. Also the bridge is KNY-ish.

I expected just a little more dynamic, powerful record not only on choruses.

I assume this is the most straightforward-sounding, typical Deftones song on the album. They're not going to release, for example, the song with Jerry Cantrell, for a first glimpse into the album, you know? They want something that'll appeal to most fans, and most fans will be happy with a song like this, because it's simply Deftones. Ticks all the boxes. I'm very sure this is nowhere near the highlight (musically or vocally) of the album. I'm expecting a great album, to be honest. I love the song, but I don't consider it to be a representation of the overall sound of the album, so it hasn't changed my expectations at all. That's just me though. I never have to worry much about not liking Deftones albums, thankfully.

I know that this is only one song, the whole album will contain 11 tracks, but I simply don't get all the words in interviews said by Chino and the rest about the new way of recording songs etc. I see no difference. With that or without, Chino's inspirations are well known.

In the other song snippet I can hear some similiarity to "The Years" by Crosses. Deftones are copying their older tunes?

What snippet, one of the Instagram ones? They're not confirmed to be from Gore, they could actually be new Crosses songs for all we know, or just something else. Either way, I think you will find similarities to their older songs, that's just what happens sometimes. Certain songs remind you of others. As long as it's not like Rosemary completely copying part of it from Diamond Eyes, I'll be happy, haha.

E-Money

Gotta say I'm enjoying it! And man this will be a killer song live. Love the dynamics and it's got a shit ton of groove to it. I think this sounds new and fresh but it's still definitely deftones. Love this band.