Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teknoman

Quote from: RaptureWS on Feb 04, 2016, 04:03 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Feb 04, 2016, 03:51 AM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Feb 03, 2016, 06:39 PM
One thing that surprises me is that the name of the song is Prayers/Triangles. The names of Deftones songs are very rarely a lyric too.

Bored
Around The Fur
Headup
Change
Passenger
Entombed
Lucky You
Hexagram
Beware
Hole In The Earth
Needles and Pins
Rapture
This Place Is Death

Oh yea man, very rarely

EDIT-Hexagram isn't in the lyrics. So, 15% of songs.

I guess there are a few more than I realized.  "Rarely" was a bad choice of words. Still only at 16% of album songs though ;)
Chino whispers hexagram in the final chorus of the song... or at least it sounds like he is saying it.

I make music too

RaptureWS

[/quote]
Chino whispers hexagram in the final chorus of the song... or at least it sounds like he is saying it.
[/quote]

Oh wow I never knew that! The most I have ever spent on headphones is $40 and it included a mic. Deftones being my favorite band, I know it is a minor tragedy that I have never in my life heard them on a good system or pair of headphones. Tax returns are coming in about a week so this would be a good time to invest into something of quality.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

defsteve

Quote from: ClevelandCaliRyder on Feb 03, 2016, 10:11 PM
"I can't wait for new stuff!!"

"OMG I hate the new stuff!!!11!"

that was quick.

;D
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

nineteen

Quote from: defsteve on Feb 04, 2016, 05:43 AM
Quote from: ClevelandCaliRyder on Feb 03, 2016, 10:11 PM
"I can't wait for new stuff!!"

"OMG I hate the new stuff!!!11!"

that was quick.

;D

Ha. It's inevitably been the same conversation every album cycle. When the album drops the exclamation mark quota will be through the roof.

RavinVsFlud

Quote from: hi man on Feb 03, 2016, 06:21 PM
Sorta reminds me of saosin vocals

On first listen, I thought the same exact thing. Its a step in a different direction. I like it. I'm not judging a full album off of a 30 second clip though.

Speaking of Saosin, new album with Anthony Green coming out same time as new Deftones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcI_ZCR6J4U

White Wrist

Quote from: deftoner664 on Feb 04, 2016, 03:01 AM
No comment till I hear the full track.

P.S. DONT BURN YOURSELF OUT ON THE TEASER/SINGLE THIS WEEK. HAVE A NICE DAY!

this!

Vesanic

I am really enjoying the teaser. Don't mind Chino's pop-ery at all, it's well placed here, sounds fresh to me. Bass riff sounds nice too.

sooniletugo

It's hardly surprising tbh... was expecting vocals similar to KNY and Palms. We know the drill now. Hopefully there's some aggressive vocals and screaming as well, I'm sure there'll be a good balance as usual. Excited to hear the full song.

Slacker

any streaming links for the show besides apple radio?

mono

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

ANattyRat

Jesus2Chino

Much respect,
-Matt

defTHE1s

Quote from: Slacker on Feb 04, 2016, 02:41 PM
any streaming links for the show besides apple radio?

or

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 04, 2016, 04:12 PM
Will any of you guys be ripping it?

?

I could not even sleep well, in my dreams there were many things related to the new song so yeah, I'm really excited to hear this fresh music ASAP.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Reichward

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 04, 2016, 04:12 PM
Will any of you guys be ripping it?
I'll try, in case nobody else does it or if the band doesn't just post the track on their official YT page.

ANattyRat

So what do you think? Do you think Deftones will release the song officially later, after the radio premiere, like a lyric video or a single with a pre-order or something? Or do you think it'll be tomorrow?

defTHE1s

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 04, 2016, 05:05 PM
So what do you think? Do you think Deftones will release the song officially later, after the radio premiere, like a lyric video or a single with a pre-order or something? Or do you think it'll be tomorrow?
At least lyric video, I think.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

shine down unshy

They're playing diamond eyes right now. Something special coming up.

E-Money

Had the song stuck in my head the whole night. We're either going to get a really cool music video for this song or an incredibly shitty one..