Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diplo

From the Facebook page
Zane Lowe will be world premiering "Prayers/Triangles" on Apple Music Beats 1 TOMORROW at 9:30 am PST.                          Listen here: http://t.co/8oakFzefUv #WorldRecord

The teaser are so good, the guitare and the atmosphere are really far from DE and KNY, a mix between S/T (believe me when we will hear all th bass) and some post rock things.
The vocals are suprising in terms of construction but really close to KNY for the tone.

bewareofrats

Chino needs to take a page from Smile's book because that song was on the right track.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

kitesvera

so i was literally listening to the prayers/triangles teaser again trying to figure out the lyrics and it got taken down, moments before they announced it would premiere tomorrow. pretty sure i got the lyrics down if anyone wants to see. this took multiple listens at full volume in headphones, and I have a pretty decent ear for Chino's lyrics when trying to interpret before we actually have the lyrics to look at.

Far away

Its not a complete song but from what I heard, I agree with bewareofrats. Guitars with the tone I enjoy from them, the vocals...I really dont know what to say. But then, again, not a complete song. Let's just wait for the whole thing.

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Val

"@ZaneLowe will be world premiering "Prayers/Triangles" on @Beats1 TOMORROW at 9:30 am PST. Listen here: apple.co/Beats1"

From Twitter.

Sicario

I bet he screams the words Prayers/Triangles at some point. At least I hope he does. Sounds like it could get heavier based on the end of that teaser. Sounds good overall. I just need some more teeth. More edge.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

bebo

Entombed

Quote from: bebo on Feb 04, 2016, 01:11 AM
https://vid.me/NDny

mirror for 2nd longer teaser

Thanks for that. I think it's starting to grow on me a bit. I loved the music from the first time I heard it, but I'm still trying to get used to the vocals.
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: Heisenberg on Feb 04, 2016, 12:57 AMI just need some more teeth. More edge.

agreed. im honestly a little worried they've lost their punch with age and won't be as aggressive and hard hitting. prayers/triangles is heavy and big in a way(abe smashing the drums and the fine-point guitar riffs). but i want some in your face songs too like leathers, poltergeist, rocket skates etc. along with more melodic and smooth ones

iceeslunk

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Feb 04, 2016, 01:27 AM
Quote from: Heisenberg on Feb 04, 2016, 12:57 AMI just need some more teeth. More edge.

agreed. im honestly a little worried they've lost their punch with age and won't be as aggressive and hard hitting. prayers/triangles is heavy and big in a way(abe smashing the drums and the fine-point guitar riffs). but i want some in your face songs too like leathers, poltergeist, rocket skates etc. along with more melodic and smooth ones

agreed...im still not sold on the backing vocals so much, so far anyway...on a side note, is anyone else really digging the ethereal feed back/drone in the beginning of some of these teasers?

play

CAN A MODERATOR PLEASE CREATE AN OFFICIAL GORE " NEW ALBUM" STICKY THREAD

Sicario

Quote from: iceeslunk on Feb 04, 2016, 01:47 AM
Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Feb 04, 2016, 01:27 AM

agreed...im still not sold on the backing vocals so much, so far anyway...on a side note, is anyone else really digging the ethereal feed back/drone in the beginning of some of these teasers?

I do like the ethereal notes. I definitely think the song sounds big. Atmospheric. Sort of soothing. Which is something they do so well. But they also have that heavy side. The flipside to that coin with songs like Leathers and Poltergeist and older ones. We first heard "Roller Derby" which became Poltergeist and then Leathers which are two aggressive songs. Although I think Rosemary came before Leathers? I also think Rocket Skates came first as far as Diamond Eyes is concerned? So they sort of had a recent history of showing their aggressive side first. I hope the aggression isn't gone. But right at the end of the new clip it sounds like there's some heavier stuff coming in the song.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

Freedomsoldier17

the last second or two of the 2nd clip is especially weird, how the guitar sound "bends"(not a musician so idk the technical term)

also i can't help but think how insane it's gonna be when they play this song live. i can just see the crowd, some phone lights in the crowd and people just going wild with the chorus

"prayers!"

"triangles!"

deftoner664

No comment till I hear the full track.

P.S. DONT BURN YOURSELF OUT ON THE TEASER/SINGLE THIS WEEK. HAVE A NICE DAY!
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

laurapalmer

I'm going to reserve judgment until I hear the full track as well. However I can see this becoming a popular live track

E-Money

Quote from: laurapalmer on Feb 04, 2016, 03:09 AM
I'm going to reserve judgment until I hear the full track as well. However I can see this becoming a popular live track

Yes and can definitely see this being a hard one to pull off. Lot of guitar for chino and a lot of passionate vocals. I know he can do it but it's gonna be a challenge.

Teknoman

Loved the tone of the guitars. 10/10 will loop the shit out of the first single.

I make music too

NYRexall

Quote from: RaptureWS on Feb 03, 2016, 06:39 PM
One thing that surprises me is that the name of the song is Prayers/Triangles. The names of Deftones songs are very rarely a lyric too.

Bored
Around The Fur
Headup
Change
Passenger
Entombed
Lucky You
Hexagram
Beware
Hole In The Earth
Needles and Pins
Rapture
This Place Is Death

Oh yea man, very rarely

RaptureWS

Quote from: NYRexall on Feb 04, 2016, 03:51 AM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Feb 03, 2016, 06:39 PM
One thing that surprises me is that the name of the song is Prayers/Triangles. The names of Deftones songs are very rarely a lyric too.

Bored
Around The Fur
Headup
Change
Passenger
Entombed
Lucky You
Hexagram
Beware
Hole In The Earth
Needles and Pins
Rapture
This Place Is Death

Oh yea man, very rarely

EDIT-Hexagram isn't in the lyrics. So, 15% of songs.

I guess there are a few more than I realized.  "Rarely" was a bad choice of words. Still only at 16% of album songs though ;)
When people whisper it makes her nervous.