Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

yeah true, but that page isn't an isolated place, things spread. made it here for instance and that interview made me less excited for the record

Yoi Yes Kokan

thats what makes it a good interview

but alot of people like the direction chino gives to the band, so that could be a good interview from the perspective of many

but I believe the next record will inevitably have to be a slaughterhouse where steph dominates

its going to be a good record, are you kidding me?

I'm not even excited, but I am the most excited.

from_musings

Quote from: Yoi Yes Kokan on Feb 24, 2016, 12:04 PM
but alot of people like the direction chino gives to the band, so that could be a good interview from the perspective of many

yeah i know. i like to call them "fags"

Hidalgo

after WP he's never acted exited about their music. he's always been a good dude, & real down to earth, but he doesn't have much passion for the band, or his guitar playing it seems

they are my fav band, but mainly because of Chino by far. all his side projects are great too

therealdaebat

Quote from: from_musings on Feb 24, 2016, 12:11 PM
Quote from: Yoi Yes Kokan on Feb 24, 2016, 12:04 PM

yeah i know. i like to call them "fags"

fucking fags https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyKBFCd_u4
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

guizz

Stef will definetly get in trouble with the Record Company from this interview. That's very awful marketing.

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: from_musings on Feb 24, 2016, 11:13 AM
Depressing read in that ultimate guitar interview. when stef is about to promote a new upcoming release, he certainly doesn't use the "best album so far sounds like wp" standard answers, that's for sure. he didn't say shit about kny when it was about to come out and i was a little frustrated when he didn't do proper interviews for that record. because i like the dude. but maybe silence is better when it's time for marketing when it comes to him.

lol. you like him so much, you want him to shut up.

from_musings

yeah. I like stef,i think he's funny, and i would like to hear him talk about new deftones music. but if he has only negative shit to say he should wait until the album is released and after the touring cycle is over.like if he told shit like this about kny now,today - that would be ok i think. but before the album release when the hype is building?that's just stupid. i can respect his honesty, but it's still stupid. If you understand this, then you have the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time,and that's good for you. keep it up

luisch

Quote from: from_musings on Feb 24, 2016, 05:54 PM
yeah. I like stef,i think he's funny, and i would like to hear him talk about new deftones music. but if he has only negative shit to say he should wait until the album is released and after the touring cycle is over.like if he told shit like this about kny now,today - that would be ok i think. but before the album release when the hype is building?that's just stupid. i can respect his honesty, but it's still stupid. If you understand this, then you have the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time,and that's good for you. keep it up

Indeed.

New (and positive) interview w Frank. 10 years of SNW.

http://www.fuse.tv/2016/02/deftones-interview-gore-album-frank-delgado
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Yoi Yes Kokan

do you really think the same people won't check the album out? there is already hundreds of reviews on itunes for the album Gore, people are always going to buy their records and be excited for them, if anything stef just pulled some backwards psychology on you and more people are interested for what he said. now they have to see and anal ayze what he said.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Yoi Yes Kokan on Feb 24, 2016, 11:12 PM
do you really think the same people won't check the album out? there is already hundreds of reviews on itunes for the album Gore,

5 reviews is now "hundreds"?

jaypayton

steph basically saying the album sucks....shades of jim martins final days with faith no more...doing interview complaining on how he doesnt like the direction the band is going etc...chino finally got his wish. without stef, they will turn into fucking duran duran

TheyCallMeP

Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 25, 2016, 01:00 AM
steph basically saying the album sucks....shades of jim martins final days with faith no more...doing interview complaining on how he doesnt like the direction the band is going etc...chino finally got his wish. without stef, they will turn into fucking duran duran

L to the fucking L son

NYRexall

Aaaand we're officially into SL pre-album pout mode. Usually starts about six weeks before the album is released. I remember people saying how bad KNY was going to suck when Leathers was released, and how the band was doomed when Tempest started making the rounds. You can't really call yourself a Deftones fan if you aren't into KNY. Creative peak for the band, no question. Some people will just never be happy with anything, or want to be, it seems.

This new album is going to fucking slay. It will be something new and exciting for the band and Steph will warm to it over time, as will the doubters. There's no reason why the band can't find a way to stay heavy as fuck while indulging in their new wave tendencies, especially now that they're all approaching middle age..

ClevelandCaliRyder

I for one wish they would go back to the raw sound of Adrenaline. You know, where every song sounded exactly the same and there was no dynamic or diversity at all. I'm sure we all know, if its not heavy, it automatically sucks. :)

/s

laurapalmer

Quote from: ClevelandCaliRyder on Feb 25, 2016, 03:15 AM
I for one wish they would go back to the raw sound of Adrenaline. You know, where every song sounded exactly the same and there was no dynamic or diversity at all. I'm sure we all know, if its not heavy, it automatically sucks. :)

I like this guy

B0RNtoR0CK

Quote from: NYRexall on Feb 25, 2016, 02:09 AM
Aaaand we're officially into SL pre-album pout mode. Usually starts about six weeks before the album is released. I remember people saying how bad KNY was going to suck when Leathers was released, and how the band was doomed when Tempest started making the rounds. You can't really call yourself a Deftones fan if you aren't into KNY. Creative peak for the band, no question. Some people will just never be happy with anything, or want to be, it seems.

This new album is going to fucking slay. It will be something new and exciting for the band and Steph will warm to it over time, as will the doubters. There's no reason why the band can't find a way to stay heavy as fuck while indulging in their new wave tendencies, especially now that they're all approaching middle age..
What? Leathers is an amazing track. The rest of the album however did not sound like leathers. Album was OK imo.

B0RNtoR0CK

Quote from: laurapalmer on Feb 25, 2016, 04:34 AM
Quote from: ClevelandCaliRyder on Feb 25, 2016, 03:15 AM

I like this guy
it will never happen though. Chino has stated that he cannot see himself screaming his head off in upcoming music.

B0RNtoR0CK

Overreacting much? Deftones doesn't need to hype anything up. They've earned that respect. Let the album do the talking.

Yoi Yes Kokan

Quote from: sharinglungs on Feb 25, 2016, 12:16 AM
Quote from: Yoi Yes Kokan on Feb 24, 2016, 11:12 PM
do you really think the same people won't check the album out? there is already hundreds of reviews on itunes for the album Gore,

5 reviews is now "hundreds"?

there is 153 reviews on itunes for Gore.

this:
Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Feb 25, 2016, 04:42 AM
Deftones doesn't need to hype anything up. They've earned that respect. Let the album do the talking.