Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANattyRat

How long before Koi No Yokan was Tempest released?

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 28, 2016, 12:17 PM
How long before Koi No Yokan was Tempest released?

34 days

Sicario

Hopefully soon. Regardless of how the album sounds, the fact that we have only heard one new Deftones song (other than Smile) in almost 3 1/2 years makes this upcoming release exciting. I think most of us can at least agree on that!
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

ANattyRat

Should be soon then, it's almost a month until the album is out.

Quote from: Sicario on Feb 28, 2016, 03:23 PM
Hopefully soon. Regardless of how the album sounds, the fact that we have only heard one new Deftones song (other than Smile) in almost 3 1/2 years is exciting. I think most of us can at least agree on that!

Definitely. It's been a long wait, we hardly had any updates at all for a long time, we've all been going crazy with these updates and releases, haha. For the most part, anyway.

sooniletugo

Think the second single might be Hearts/Wires. I FUCKING WANT IT NOW AAAAAHHHHHHHH.

ANattyRat

Quote from: sooniletugo on Feb 28, 2016, 05:27 PM
Think the second single might be Hearts/Wires. I FUCKING WANT IT NOW AAAAAHHHHHHHH.

What makes you think that? I thought the second single was confirmed to be Phantom Bride? Or am I imagining that?

Val

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 28, 2016, 06:29 PM
Quote from: sooniletugo on Feb 28, 2016, 05:27 PM

What makes you think that? I thought the second single was confirmed to be Phantom Bride? Or am I imagining that?
Was never officially confirmed. "Inside" sources have claimed that.

NYRexall

I bet the whole thing leaks by Mar. 16

rainnyx4

Hoping that it leaks today.

E-Money

It would be pretty dumb to make phantom bride the single if they can't even play it live... Sounds like that song is going to be sick and it will be a bummer not to see them play it.

Reichward

I'd like another song for a single honestly. We know that Phantom Bride is going to stand out from the rest of the tracks, so the best way to appreciate it would be by contrasting it with the rest of the album, once we can hear all of it. Right now I'd be more curious about Hearts Wires or Acid Hologram, judging from the interviews.

jaypayton

Quote from: NYRexall on Feb 28, 2016, 07:14 AM
Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 27, 2016, 10:11 PM
saying you hate the new record is an odd way of "creating buzz"

for the record, I dont want Adrenaline 2.0...I dont need 45 year old Chino rapping over chug chug guitar riffs but I also dont want Chino crooning on every fucking song appealing to the female contingent of the fanbase (and there is a LOT of them who just want to hear  Digital Bath or Changes part 2)  Id prefer they go further out and experiment into heavier darker tones, not commercialize their music to appeal to the masses (ballads/softer songs=mainstream). if the 'tones turn into Crosses or i have to hear one more lyric about "i will watch your babies"...its truly over

and i think SNW is sick as fuck

Lololololol you are ridiculous beyond belief. So Deftones ballads/softer songs = mainstream to you now?

Also, wtf is Changes? Changes is a song by David Bowie, or 2Pac, or Ozzy Osbourne.

I'm completely of the belief that you are just trolling the forum with this "KNY is so awful" bullshit. You complain there's no screaming on an album that boasts Poltergeist, Leathers and Good Squad. You think gentler stuff like WHTY and Entombed is Deftones-going-mainstream. Name me ONE band in the mainstream that has even half the artistic integrity or imagination found on a Deftones album.

Go ahead...I can't wait to hear this.

You're probably some roadie the band ditched around S/T, who's found the SL forums and wants to whine about how bad the band has ruined his life, and how their music has suffered ever since you left the fold.

I never said KNY sucks but it certainly doesnt come close to 97-2006 era.....you must be one of those Chino ballsuckers where Chino can do no wrong.....I bet you have a Crosses t shirt..maybe 3 of them.....please stop trying to tell me KNY is just as heavy and aggressive an album as ATF or ST..you sound foolish

shine down unshy

Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 29, 2016, 12:15 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Feb 28, 2016, 07:14 AM
Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 27, 2016, 10:11 PM
saying you hate the new record is an odd way of "creating buzz"

for the record, I dont want Adrenaline 2.0...I dont need 45 year old Chino rapping over chug chug guitar riffs but I also dont want Chino crooning on every fucking song appealing to the female contingent of the fanbase (and there is a LOT of them who just want to hear  Digital Bath or Changes part 2)  Id prefer they go further out and experiment into heavier darker tones, not commercialize their music to appeal to the masses (ballads/softer songs=mainstream). if the 'tones turn into Crosses or i have to hear one more lyric about "i will watch your babies"...its truly over

and i think SNW is sick as fuck

Lololololol you are ridiculous beyond belief. So Deftones ballads/softer songs = mainstream to you now?

Also, wtf is Changes? Changes is a song by David Bowie, or 2Pac, or Ozzy Osbourne.

I'm completely of the belief that you are just trolling the forum with this "KNY is so awful" bullshit. You complain there's no screaming on an album that boasts Poltergeist, Leathers and Good Squad. You think gentler stuff like WHTY and Entombed is Deftones-going-mainstream. Name me ONE band in the mainstream that has even half the artistic integrity or imagination found on a Deftones album.

Go ahead...I can't wait to hear this.

You're probably some roadie the band ditched around S/T, who's found the SL forums and wants to whine about how bad the band has ruined his life, and how their music has suffered ever since you left the fold.

I never said KNY sucks but it certainly doesnt come close to 97-2006 era.....you must be one of those Chino ballsuckers where Chino can do no wrong.....I bet you have a Crosses t shirt..maybe 3 of them.....please stop trying to tell me KNY is just as heavy and aggressive an album as ATF or ST..you sound foolish

..That you Saturday Night Whiskey?

cvthedrv

KNY do sucks, compared with terry date albums, but its a very good album anyway, i don't care about these details the only thing that is wrong with deftones, it's their fanbase.

NYRexall

Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 29, 2016, 12:15 AM

Actually, I DO like just about everything Chino does, Deftones or otherwise. I guess that's reason enough he's one of my favorite singers ever, but if it makes me a Chino ball-licker to some of the more clueless fans in the community, so be it I guess.

I bet you I have a couple Deftones tour shirts and that's about it, but why would it be a bad thing if I had a Crosses shirt? Oh, that's right; because you don't like Crosses. Game, set, match on your part, I guess  ::)

I love how you couldn't name me even one band in mainstream music who sounds like Deftones (I knew you wouldn't go near that one if called on it) and how you keep claiming that ATF and S/T are the benchmarks of their aggression without providing any proof to support your "argument" (for lack of a better word). For a guy who can't get past the first five Deftones albums, you have quite the nerve calling some of us pandering fanboys  ;D

NYRexall

Quote from: shine down unshy on Feb 29, 2016, 01:12 AM
..That you Saturday Night Whiskey?

More like Saturday Night Whiney

laurapalmer

Can't you guys take this shit somewhere else?

tarkil

Quote from: laurapalmer on Feb 29, 2016, 05:40 AM
Can't you guys take this shit somewhere else?

It's fucking annoying indeed...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Koigoreyokan1990

Let's put it this way, around the fur and self-titled were heavier or darker toned.but let's dissect this for a minute for one , around the fur is my first fav record, second is koi no yokan. Now for me I've been listening to deftones when white pony released when I was 10 years old. And that's my third fav album, now the band has improved on they're chemistry with progression, song writing , or intros and outros, now to be honest me personally I think koi is harder than SNW , poltergeist , goon squad , leathers, tempest, against rats, rapture,combat. And I don't base things off just vocals only rats is pretty heavy but the others can't carry, cause rapture is really a song I skip it's a forced hard song not really that great but repetitive and combat even though an amazing song it's my fav on the album it's lighthearted at times and gets optimistic near the end , whereas poltergeist, keeps the formula throughout , and tempest guitars really are crushing throughout and goon squad he does use the voice somewhat on boys telephone girls a lil but different effects , now I say all of this cause many claim SNW is heavier than koi. You see it's a matter of opinion but not fact, just like me an opinion so to some around the fur is considered crushing and yes to some koi and de is considered crushing, but in the end look at me my first two fav albums is around the fur and second koi that's tells you right there as one of the original fans that has to count for something they both have hard and tough tracks but also that melodic flow they infuse

Koigoreyokan1990

This is for the ones arguing which albums are more crushing than DE and koi