Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

77years

Psycho riff... driving and hypnotic

ConcealingFate92

Most wonderful 20secs of my life!

And i really think that those Dwarf Dick clips that appeared a long time ago could be From Xenon... It sounded a lot like it.
Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

pinata89

Quote from: kitesvera on Mar 30, 2016, 10:00 PM
Autolux leaked earlier to the dude who was wondering. Seriously though, does no one in here have Gore? GIMME DA ALBUM ALREADY! FUCK.

Where do you guys generally look for torrents/RAR's? My usual go-to sites are not yielding anything. I realize it has leaked, but don't know where to find it...

Any help would be appreciated!

snw9

Doesn't sound like Deftones at all however, innovation is welcome
Code: [Select]

RaptureWS

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 30, 2016, 10:05 PM
Doesn't sound like Deftones at all however, innovation is welcome

Right? From what we have heard between Doomed User, this Xenon clip and what is very likely the Phantom Bride clip/clips.....this album could be the farthest they have departed from their sound since WP and S/T.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

RaptureWS

Also, has anyone Shazam'd those other two clips that were floating around with the supposed Phantom Bride solo? They were the other two clips Chuck posted while Gore was being recorded. Only way I can describe them were two big Deftones-y riffs, but different at the same time compared to most of the other work.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Lurid Vega

Nosebleed did, said shazam didn't find

sharinglungs

Which may mean that they were not Phantom bride.

defsteve

Quote from: cvthedrv on Mar 30, 2016, 06:49 PM
so apparently rubicon is an instrumental song, this is kind of wierd.

PS: FUCK DA BITCH.

Just asked someone who received a review copy. Rubicon is not an instrumental.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

kitesvera

Quote from: defsteve on Mar 30, 2016, 10:36 PM

TELL THEM TO FUCKING LEAK THAT SHIT

phil for real

tell them to leak that thing

gwenudo

Quote from: phil for real on Mar 30, 2016, 10:37 PM

tell them to leak that thing

Asking them to leak it wont help. Ofcourse theyll say no, their jobs are on the line. They will eventually leak it themselves though after they find a way to do it discretely. Give them time.
Was it like it seemed?...

phil for real

How can they leak it without getting caught?

77years

Tell them to leave a burned CD copy in a dark parking garage in the middle of the night

pelican fly

Not even gonna bother to listen to that Xenon clip.
Hole in the boat will probably be this weekend. Monday the latest.

gwenudo

Quote from: phil for real on Mar 30, 2016, 10:41 PM
How can they leak it without getting caught?

Dont know! Just know if somebody does, theyre getting fired lol i think theres a way for them to code the songs for reviewers so when theyre uploaded it has their name, so good luck to the leakers! I may be wrong about the code stuff though..
Was it like it seemed?...

phil for real

How do albums even leak now? lol

N0S3BLEED976

Review from german site http://www.plattentests.de/rezi.php?show=13042
I copy-pasted it into google translate, so there are probably a few errors.

The law of averages

Microsoft operating systems and Deftones albums have one thing in common: Lovers and less beloved releases alternate in history from. In Redmond it makes since fated Windows 95 that every second iteration can be left out safely. And since their magnum opus "White pony" in 2000, the Californian metallers met, especially with the experimentally broad "Saturday night wrist" and the self-contained "Koi No Yokan", the largest reciprocated love. But that should not be forgotten that the valleys inbetween said comparison show significant height differences: "Deftones" and "Diamond Eyes" were anything but black sheep in their discography, but rather more conventional, song oriented albums, leaving less impression than before. If disasters such as Windows Millennium Edition or even Vista were music albums, would be the equivalent of probably something of this quality. An uneasy sign yet for "Gore", the now eighth Deftones album, but all ladders and black cats are of course ignored for purposes of impartiality.

Chino Moreno shouts again significantly more than the overall quite restrained predecessor and particularly the quartet at the beginning of the album accumulate the metallic colored sounds. The harbingers "Prayers / Triangles" and "Doomed user" let words like "solid" or "routine" come to mind. In particular the first mentioned song is a very strange choice as an opener and would have made a much better figure in the middle of the album. However, Deftones were never a band who reinvented themselves on every album. The sound was always perfected in detail, tectonic shifts instead of sound renovation was and still is the motto. But "Gore" makes it harder than any predecessor and constantly side-steps in terms of songwriting. Although the four opening songs are ultimately convincing: A catchy entry into the album is missing, offering neither an immediate sledgehammer like "Rocket Skates", nor a smooth chorus in the likes of "Tempest". Hits? None.

From "Hearts / Wires" the approach softens slightly, the band leaves more melodies to their ever-present, atmospheric side comes to the forefront, but without becoming tangible. Unusual, but very well done are the decent hard rock riffsin "Pittura infamante" - including "Uhh" - and "Ahh" -chants that are discreetly placed in the background. For even more exoticism, the guest appearance by Alice-in-Chains-mate Jerry Cantrell on the albums semifinal "phantom bride" proves that even a guitar solo can fit wonderfully into the Deftones sound. A soothing moment after the uncompromising, complex title track, that leaves you burning with Abe Cunningham's inventive drum beat and Moreno's earth-shattering roar.

It is easier with each listen to like their newest child, if you gradually unravel the tangled threads and find out that especially after the epic (L)MIRL, every following song is superb. The sound is proven, the songwriting top notch - and yet can not deny that the great enthusiasm this time fails. A damn good album it has become, only missing the last shot of genius, which accounts for their previous masterpieces. From the experiments - so it is rumored - to have taken place in the studio, few signs are prevalent on the final product. That "Gore" could be described as their weakest effort in the past 20 years only further proves their consistent high-quality output. "Gore" is therefore an update, which brings change in small ways and should completely satisfy their fanbase. It's like whining about first-world problems, though. Damn law of averages.
7/10

phil for real

That translation was horrid.  No offense to you.  I mean the man said Self Titled and Diamond Eyes were the weakest Deftones albums so I can't even respect him.  Two of my top three.  Still a good review.  Nothing but good reviews so far.  Love to hear they get moodier on the second part of the album.  I need this right now!  LEAK

m1nusblindfoLd

So confusing. So they think it is good but their worst album so far?