Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Far away

Quote from: gloomsquadron on Apr 13, 2016, 04:28 AM
Quote from: shin on Apr 13, 2016, 12:19 AM
Quote from: gloomsquadron on Apr 12, 2016, 05:17 AM
I'm sure this post will be scoffed at , forgotten and ignored, but Jesus.  This site has officially hit the wall.  We're really picking on Chino's hair and fans in the crowd who have receding hairlines and yelling "Chino?"  I'm 38, going on 39, and my hair is receding.  I also yell Chino every chance I get at every live show i get to go to. The reason I fell in love with Deftones 20 years ago was the fact that every fan was included.  You could go to a show and no one would judge you or make fun of you.  The people who DID were pushed aside and marginalized.  I've been to shows where Chino stopped songs to help girls fallen in pits.  Where crowd surfers were hurt.  Eh, you know what, fuck you guys.  I was going to work really hard to respond to all of this hatred, all of this silliness, but man, I come from a world where music used to save your life.  You used to write letters and spend money on records to meet your heroes.  Love you Deftones and Chi and every bad ass dude who picked me up off the floor at a show.  I've been a member of sharing lungs for 15 years, because i can find information about the band I LOVE.  Now it's just a place for people to say dumb shit.  Cool for you.  Chino now has blonde hair.  When you're 40 and you're wife is fat and gross, or you're 40 and you're single, sign back on sharinglungs and make your judgements.  Or not.

I feel you dood, kids to day, is all I have to say. I'm 35, and have managed to not get fat, I kind of hope Chino would lose the weight, and even have joked about what if Stephen did as well, but not for me, not for anyone other than themselves. This is my favorite band of all time and I didn't even realize till a few years ago. That when I add up all the time I've spend listening to music the majority has been deftones. I can plot back through my life using the album releases as milestones. Adrenaline and Around the Fur, high school, first big crush. White Pony, my first apartment,  and so on. When I put in a deftones album I can remember everything about my life at the time it was released.

Chino's hair, weather he's putting on weight, what the fuck? Who fucking cares?  My life would have been very different if not for this band's music, and I'm only just starting to read about Chino's personal affairs only after getting to meet and talk to him, and like I've heard Stephen joke before about him in highschool, yeah, he's a cool motherfucker.

So fuck the bullshit.

Thanks shin.  Some of the other responses have been helpful as well.  In retrospect, I guess a lot of what they're saying is in jest and according to one commentator, I need to "calm my tits".   Points taken.  I probably over reacted a bit, but it's nice to hear from a kindred spirit.

I promise not to take all the comments so seriously and give my tits a rest.  Sometimes it takes an outside perspective to realize how agitated one's tits are.

I realize now, I'm too old to be posting stuff on...oh wait.  I'm going to attend to my finicky tits now.

ok, my last comment sounded a little over the top. But just dont take things so seriously in here. Ive been around since 04 or something, and of course trolls will always be around, but most of the ppl in here just make jokes and use sarcasm. I do think theres only a tiny bit who actually try to make a mess but, normally, people do not feed them... so.. all good.

Cheers.

ps: i think it would be weird if the Jimmy Kimmel show broadcast old songs with a new record on the shelves. Makes no sense to me.

77years

The Kimmel performance(s) proves the new tracks will be just great live

ANattyRat

Quote from: 77years on Apr 13, 2016, 10:43 AM
The Kimmel performance(s) proves the new tracks will be just great live

Definitely. I hope they make the setlists diverse with new songs and not just stick to a few, there are so many songs that would sound awesome live. But I can say the same about old songs, too.

shin

Quote from: Gore on Apr 13, 2016, 04:12 AM
Quote from: shin on Apr 13, 2016, 02:22 AM
Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Apr 11, 2016, 10:48 AM
Has anyone else thought that this record is about one woman? Not like a concept album, more like a common theme.

My take:

Doomed User: I have to assume drug use
Geometric Headdress: love/hate relationship
(L)MIRL: I don't miss you/ I don't care where you are
Gore: She is the aftermath (gore) of the guy's choices. His vice
Phantom Bride: direct thoughts about the woman. She is dead to him, maybe not literally but figuratively

I was also reading someones take that Prayers/Triangles was about depression which, I don't know if I buy, would fit into this theme.

Even if I'm way off, it makes the album fun when I listen

To me Gore is about Sergio:

Smile, now you're all set
Surprise, you're now one of the gang (Chino is saying that he brought Sergio into the the fold and now he's one of the gang)
Take what you want to take (Make yourself feel at home in the band)
Surprise. you're now running the game (possibly referencing that Sergio has become a big part in the songwriting process especially on Gore which the band has said was mostly influenced and written by Chino and Sergio).
Smile, now you're all set
Surprise, you're now one of the gang
Take what you want to take
Surprise you're home (You're one of us now)

The song in my mind is Chino welcoming Sergio into the Deftones fold and stating that he's gone from being the replacement bass player to being an integral part of the band.

Develop the taste that will tie us together  (Chino's referring to the creative process between himself and Sergio)
I put you in this game (Chino brought Sergio into Deftones)
Just remind yourself

The line "At night we assemble the hunt for our prizes" is about preparing for the show at night, getting ready to perform for a show.

That's my interpretation of the song 'Gore' anyway. As soon as I heard it that's what came to my mind

Nice to be back here, haven't posted anything in a long long while. The last time I remember posting the band was writing 'Eros'.
Some of you might remember me, my username was PinkMaggit (not PinkMaggit99, that was someone else).

That's awesome, because I've been calling GORE the next White Pony, being that it was the 3rd album with Sergio, and we know that deftones gets better with age. And it's first album after Chi's passing. So, it's a new beginning for them creatively. And, did you also note the references to "Smile" possibly an Eros reference, maybe? Perhaps, they will finish Eros with Sergio and release it.

Who knows? I like the line about hunting for our prizes at night, another awesome occult reference.

;D

shin

Quote from: Far away on Apr 13, 2016, 05:47 AM
Quote from: gloomsquadron on Apr 13, 2016, 04:28 AM
Quote from: shin on Apr 13, 2016, 12:19 AM
Quote from: gloomsquadron on Apr 12, 2016, 05:17 AM
I'm sure this post will be scoffed at , forgotten and ignored, but Jesus.  This site has officially hit the wall.  We're really picking on Chino's hair and fans in the crowd who have receding hairlines and yelling "Chino?"  I'm 38, going on 39, and my hair is receding.  I also yell Chino every chance I get at every live show i get to go to. The reason I fell in love with Deftones 20 years ago was the fact that every fan was included.  You could go to a show and no one would judge you or make fun of you.  The people who DID were pushed aside and marginalized.  I've been to shows where Chino stopped songs to help girls fallen in pits.  Where crowd surfers were hurt.  Eh, you know what, fuck you guys.  I was going to work really hard to respond to all of this hatred, all of this silliness, but man, I come from a world where music used to save your life.  You used to write letters and spend money on records to meet your heroes.  Love you Deftones and Chi and every bad ass dude who picked me up off the floor at a show.  I've been a member of sharing lungs for 15 years, because i can find information about the band I LOVE.  Now it's just a place for people to say dumb shit.  Cool for you.  Chino now has blonde hair.  When you're 40 and you're wife is fat and gross, or you're 40 and you're single, sign back on sharinglungs and make your judgements.  Or not.

I feel you dood, kids to day, is all I have to say. I'm 35, and have managed to not get fat, I kind of hope Chino would lose the weight, and even have joked about what if Stephen did as well, but not for me, not for anyone other than themselves. This is my favorite band of all time and I didn't even realize till a few years ago. That when I add up all the time I've spend listening to music the majority has been deftones. I can plot back through my life using the album releases as milestones. Adrenaline and Around the Fur, high school, first big crush. White Pony, my first apartment,  and so on. When I put in a deftones album I can remember everything about my life at the time it was released.

Chino's hair, weather he's putting on weight, what the fuck? Who fucking cares?  My life would have been very different if not for this band's music, and I'm only just starting to read about Chino's personal affairs only after getting to meet and talk to him, and like I've heard Stephen joke before about him in highschool, yeah, he's a cool motherfucker.

So fuck the bullshit.

Thanks shin.  Some of the other responses have been helpful as well.  In retrospect, I guess a lot of what they're saying is in jest and according to one commentator, I need to "calm my tits".   Points taken.  I probably over reacted a bit, but it's nice to hear from a kindred spirit.

I promise not to take all the comments so seriously and give my tits a rest.  Sometimes it takes an outside perspective to realize how agitated one's tits are.

I realize now, I'm too old to be posting stuff on...oh wait.  I'm going to attend to my finicky tits now.

ok, my last comment sounded a little over the top. But just dont take things so seriously in here. Ive been around since 04 or something, and of course trolls will always be around, but most of the ppl in here just make jokes and use sarcasm. I do think theres only a tiny bit who actually try to make a mess but, normally, people do not feed them... so.. all good.

Cheers.

ps: i think it would be weird if the Jimmy Kimmel show broadcast old songs with a new record on the shelves. Makes no sense to me.

No prob bro, I kind of noticed the stuff your tits reacting to when I saw Palms, people referencing the appearance of Chino using phrases like "Skinny Chino" or "Medium Chino"  The kids today... I swear. But, oh well we'll get through it, Gen Xer's paved the way for this kind of superficiality, but are we not alone Stephen has commented on how overindulged on information people are these days.
While most people in our age bracket feel the same way. Which would point a social commentary on Millennials, it's a generational thing. We're like cockroaches, we'll survive, haha.
We'll continue to be awesome, while they continue to not be but that' another story.

Someone complained about Chino playing guitar and asked if he doesn't play on Rubicon.

The Rubicon live performance at Amoeba is missing some of  my favorite guitar phrasing on the record, which leads me to believe that he did indeed play guitar on Rubicon on the album.

Kind of a bummer, but it's still very definitive deftones, actually without him playing guitar, gives it more of an around the fur sound, doesn't it?

Rubicon live, with no Chino guitar, sounds like it could be on Around The Fur, doesnt it?

gwenudo

Was it like it seemed?...

gwenudo

http://youtu.be/I2Z4nI2wmNY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwenudo

This is the 2nd time that theres been a dead crowd for Rubicon, not sure if its because they cant mosh or whatever, but cmon. Bet you most of these kids only listened to the singles or maybe just prayers and only new shit. Depresses me to see so many of these people payed just to stand there.. So many other people wouldve killed to be in that spot to listen to Rubicon yelled at their face

from_musings

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 13, 2016, 02:42 AM
Can i just bring this back to life? I know this is the Gore thread but i was watching some of their live performances and i almost forgot this gem existed... This is the kind of sound i miss.. Beautiful, yet so fucking brutal and dark and melodic..
http://youtu.be/OB-MUGVdZp8

lol.. i was at that show,it was a couple of days before wp was released.it was extremly loud and chi's bass sounded way more than the other guys stuff i remember. good show though, they played elite as an encore, but that wasn't caught on camera

Vesanic

So THAT was the song they played at the end. Some dude a few years ago told me they had an encore but he couldn't remember the song. Fuck man, wish they had caught it.

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 13, 2016, 11:50 AM
This is the 2nd time that theres been a dead crowd for Rubicon, not sure if its because they cant mosh or whatever, but cmon. Bet you most of these kids only listened to the singles or maybe just prayers and only new shit. Depresses me to see so many of these people payed just to stand there.. So many other people wouldve killed to be in that spot to listen to Rubicon yelled at their face

Probably a combination of it being new and them mostly being not a bunch of overly-obsessed, hardcore fans like most of the people on this forum, haha. Seems like they were more excited about the older songs they played. They're reinforcing the idea that they should play their most mainstream songs! Damn it, these people are the reason we don't hear rare/old songs!

gwenudo

Gore is #1 in the UK, has anybody heard anything for billboard? I searched it up but found nothing.

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 13, 2016, 12:01 PM

Probably a combination of it being new and them mostly being not a bunch of overly-obsessed, hardcore fans like most of the people on this forum, haha. Seems like they were more excited about the older songs they played. They're reinforcing the idea that they should play their most mainstream songs! Damn it, these people are the reason we don't hear rare/old songs!
THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS. Its always the Diamond eyes and Rocket Skates crowds.. Too many of them..

chuckles

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 13, 2016, 12:04 PM

THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS. Its always the Diamond eyes and Rocket Skates crowds.. Too many of them..

Deftones' fault...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

ANattyRat

Well, we've got no choice. We have to kill them. Only then will we hear Pink Maggit and other amazing rarities played. It's for the best, guys, for the best...

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 13, 2016, 12:25 PM

Well, we've got no choice. We have to kill them. Only then will we hear Pink Maggit and other amazing rarities played. It's for the best, guys, for the best...
DISCLAIMER: This is just a joke, before some of you come in and attack and say were the cancer if deftones community, this is just a ioke! We'll only kill a few, not all of em ;) bahahaha

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 13, 2016, 12:29 PM

DISCLAIMER: This is just a joke, before some of you come in and attack and say were the cancer if deftones community, this is just a ioke! We'll only kill a few, not all of em ;) bahahaha

Yes. A...a joke. Of course human lives are worth more than seeing rare songs played live!

I'd cut off someone's leg if it meant hearing them play Crenshaw Punch.

cvthedrv

northamerican crowd sucks, the lamest of all.

LG95

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 13, 2016, 12:34 PM

Yes. A...a joke. Of course human lives are worth more than seeing rare songs played live!

I'd murder all of your mothers if it meant hearing them play Pink Maggit.
I could float here forever

gwenudo

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 13, 2016, 12:52 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 13, 2016, 12:34 PM

I'd murder all of your mothers if it meant hearing them play Pink Maggit.
I would kill everyone if it meant hearing lifter, rats, and wgtb all consecutively in one show. Not really rare songs, but its the songs i ask for the most during shows :/