Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 13, 2016, 12:55 PM
Quote from: LG95 on Apr 13, 2016, 12:52 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 13, 2016, 12:34 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 13, 2016, 12:29 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 13, 2016, 12:25 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 13, 2016, 12:04 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 13, 2016, 12:01 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 13, 2016, 11:50 AM
This is the 2nd time that theres been a dead crowd for Rubicon, not sure if its because they cant mosh or whatever, but cmon. Bet you most of these kids only listened to the singles or maybe just prayers and only new shit. Depresses me to see so many of these people payed just to stand there.. So many other people wouldve killed to be in that spot to listen to Rubicon yelled at their face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably a combination of it being new and them mostly being not a bunch of overly-obsessed, hardcore fans like most of the people on this forum, haha. Seems like they were more excited about the older songs they played. They're reinforcing the idea that they should play their most mainstream songs! Damn it, these people are the reason we don't hear rare/old songs!
THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS. Its always the Diamond eyes and Rocket Skates crowds.. Too many of them..

Well, we've got no choice. We have to kill them. Only then will we hear Pink Maggit and other amazing rarities played. It's for the best, guys, for the best...
DISCLAIMER: This is just a joke, before some of you come in and attack and say were the cancer if deftones community, this is just a ioke! We'll only kill a few, not all of em ;) bahahaha

Yes. A...a joke. Of course human lives are worth more than seeing rare songs played live!

I'd cut off someone's leg if it meant hearing them play Crenshaw Punch.
I'd murder all of your mothers if it meant hearing them play Pink Maggit.
I would kill everyone if it meant hearing lifter, rats, and wgtb all consecutively in one show. Not really rare songs, but its the songs i ask for the most during shows :/

If you killed everyone, no-one would be at the shows, and then Deftones wouldn't make money. I'd sell all of your souls to Satan if it meant hearing them play a setlist full of rare songs. Screw it, I'd sell my own soul, too. There, I said it. I'm a rare-Deftones-song whore. You happy now?!

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 13, 2016, 01:01 PM
This is the 2nd time that theres been a dead crowd for Rubicon, not sure if its because they cant mosh or whatever, but cmon. Bet you most of these kids only listened to the singles or maybe just prayers and only new shit. Depresses me to see so many of these people payed just to stand there.. So many other people wouldve killed to be in that spot to listen to Rubicon yelled at their face

Probably a combination of it being new and them mostly being not a bunch of overly-obsessed, hardcore fans like most of the people on this forum, haha. Seems like they were more excited about the older songs they played. They're reinforcing the idea that they should play their most mainstream songs! Damn it, these people are the reason we don't hear rare/old songs!
THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS. Its always the Diamond eyes and Rocket Skates crowds.. Too many of them..

Well, we've got no choice. We have to kill them. Only then will we hear Pink Maggit and other amazing rarities played. It's for the best, guys, for the best...
DISCLAIMER: This is just a joke, before some of you come in and attack and say were the cancer if deftones community, this is just a ioke! We'll only kill a few, not all of em ;) bahahaha

Yes. A...a joke. Of course human lives are worth more than seeing rare songs played live!

I would kill everyone if it meant hearing lifter, rats, and wgtb all consecutively in one show. Not really rare songs, but its the songs i ask for the most during shows :/

If you killed everyone, no-one would be at the shows, and then Deftones wouldn't make money. I'd sell all of your souls to Satan if it meant hearing them play a setlist full of rare songs. Screw it, I'd sell my own soul, too. There, I said it. I'm a rare-Deftones-song whore. You happy now?!
Yessss yesssssss 😈
Was it like it seemed?...

defTHE1s

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 03, 2016, 10:20 AM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 03, 2016, 10:18 AM
Rubicon doesn't just sound like an album ending track, it sounds like.....a career ending? And I mean that in the highest regard. If they announced Gore was their last album and Rubicon was the last track they ever wrote, the final Deftones song forever, it would fit and be perfect. Rubicon almost feels like their entire career was just leading to that song. I can't fucking get over how good it is!

I hope that's not the case tho haha I think they have at least 1 more album in them.. then maybe they'll finally give us Eros.
I think they still have more to offer. I would say tour this album a bit, then finish and release Eros, go to a short break while we enjoy it and then come back reloaded with amazing new stuff.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

defTHE1s

Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 03, 2016, 11:01 AM
Quote from: phil for real on Apr 03, 2016, 10:54 AM
Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 03, 2016, 10:52 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 03, 2016, 10:40 AM
I cant believe this... How? ... Just fucking how??? ..... HOW THE FUCK DID THEY MANAGE TO MAKE ANOTHER AMAZING ALBUM!!! THIS IS THE BEST SHIT IVE HEARD SINCE SNW. Never really liked DE and KNY that much, but this... Chills everywhere.. I LOVE YOU DEFTONES! CANT WAIT TO SEE YALL IN DALLAS AGAIN SOON!!

R u serious? This isn't as good as SNW or DI dude, Gore sounds like it was made in a hurry.

Lol bro, you have no idea what you're talking about.  There are so many layers to the music on this album.  This is prob the most complex album they've written.

Complex doesn't necessarily mean good, i was expecting something like Eros, and i think none of the Gore songs are better than Smile. Idk, I'll give it more listens and maybe I'll change my mind, i'm a bit disappointed só far.
That's why we need (sooner or later) to hear Eros. I think it has that most of us were wishing the band would sound after SNW and we were looking forward on DE, KNY and Gore. It's like the lost piece of the puzzle, like we know were they started and were they are now but we don't know how they've come to be like this.
I think hearing Eros will calm us by hearing what we wanted to hear and see why they were taking the direction they are now.
I mean, there's something done and of course they wouldn't do it again in the next albums.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

B_S_79

They used to play it as the intro to BQAD when ATF was released. It wasn't the complete song, but it was the intro and the screaming up until the drums came in.

Anyone here ever see them play Boy's Republic live? I saw them play that during that Guerilla Tour when S/T came out. That was a shock when they played that.

gwenudo

Not Gore related at all, but this should be said. RIP Chi. http://youtu.be/FdzzIg_vbdE

E-Money

I would absolutely kill a bitch to hear PM

E-Money

Quote from: B_S_79 on Apr 13, 2016, 03:05 PM

They used to play it as the intro to BQAD when ATF was released. It wasn't the complete song, but it was the intro and the screaming up until the drums came in.

Anyone here ever see them play Boy's Republic live? I saw them play that during that Guerilla Tour when S/T came out. That was a shock when they played that.

Yup saw them play it in Dallas in 07. They played 2 nights in a row and also played Damone. Pretty special times . I was front row both nights.

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 13, 2016, 03:07 PM
Not Gore related at all, but this should be said. RIP Chi. http://youtu.be/FdzzIg_vbdE

Speaking of Chi, I'm sure most of you have seen this before, but this is new to me, pretty awesome:

http://youtu.be/XIyykTq6Y8Q

2MoreHours

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 13, 2016, 12:52 PM
northamerican crowd sucks, the lamest of all.

Sadly, I have to agree with you.  Every show I go to, all you see is people holding ups cell phones or just standing around.  You hardly ever see people jumping around and having fun like back in the 90's.  I hate to be an old guy saying how great things used to be but the live music scene and music in general was so much better back then.

ANattyRat

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 13, 2016, 05:13 PM

Sadly, I have to agree with you.  Every show I go to, all you see is people holding ups cell phones or just standing around.  You hardly ever see people jumping around and having fun like back in the 90's.  I hate to be an old guy saying how great things used to be but the live music scene and music in general was so much better back then.

I like the jumping around and having fun, but I like taking a few pics and videos too so I can look back on it. I seem to have a bad memory with things like concerts, the details kind of blur very soon afterwards for me, so I prefer capturing some memories as well.

I went to see this reggae musician named Protoje last year, and I got to bring my camera and shoot him. But it was honestly the most fun I'd had at a show before, because when I wasn't taking the photos, I was just having fun and being part of the crowd right at the front of the stage, which was a first for me. I can't stand my weak, 5ft self next to all the giants who are moshing at a Deftones show, I'd get stood on, haha. So it was a new and awesome experience, a hell of a lot more fun and interactive even though I was multi-tasking.

77years

At Rites of Spring shows, many people would simply stand there with their mouths dropped open in awe

Maybe Rubicon has that emotional effect on people where they honestly just sit there because they are losing their minds

Reichward

Quote from: 77years on Apr 13, 2016, 05:38 PM
At Rites of Spring shows, many people would simply stand there with their mouths dropped open in awe

Maybe Rubicon has that emotional effect on people where they honestly just sit there because they are losing their minds
In the haze of their light we bathe and wane

B_S_79

Quote from: E-Money on Apr 13, 2016, 04:42 PM
Quote from: B_S_79 on Apr 13, 2016, 03:05 PM

Yup saw them play it in Dallas in 07. They played 2 nights in a row and also played Damone. Pretty special times . I was front row both nights.

They opened with Damone in Philly back in the day. Everyone lost it.

Reichward

Guess which song is really starting to grow on me now. Prayers/Triangles

gwenudo

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 13, 2016, 06:38 PM
Guess which song is really starting to grow on me now. Prayers/Triangles
Dude, april fools was like 12 days ago... Are you on internet explorer?

Reichward

I did not like it extremely when it first came out, and I didn't give a shit about it when the rest of the songs dropped. But the extra attention given to it with the release of the videoclip made me realize that it holds a nice role on the album. Not top-tier like Hearts/Wires but it's good.

illthrowROCKS@U

Where do you guys live?  Every Deftones show I've been to around here (DC/Bmore) has been wild.  Crowd surfing, moshing, etc.  Maybe it's a regional thing?

Of course, Deftones play a lot more softer songs these days too, because they have more softer songs, so take that into account.  It's hard to mosh to a song like Entombed!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

gwenudo

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 13, 2016, 06:59 PM

Where do you guys live?  Every Deftones show I've been to around here (DC/Bmore) has been wild.  Crowd surfing, moshing, etc.  Maybe it's a regional thing?

Of course, Deftones play a lot more softer songs these days too, because they have more softer songs, so take that into account.  It's hard to mosh to a song like Entombed!
Youd figure, but even with their current list, digital bath is probably their softest song that theyre playing live, and they play that shit heavy, crowd goes wild. Only time the crowd is standing is in between songs when chino is asking for some liquor or during the interlude thing before the encore comes on..

illthrowROCKS@U

Yeah, I took my wife to a show in Atlantic City a few years ago and she almost got trampled on the very first note of the very first song.  It was kind of funny actually...  She's kind of petite, so she couldn't handle it.

Everyone was just standing there with the regular lights on cheering...  Then all of sudden the whole room just went totally black, couldn't see a thing, everyone went totally silent, and then BOOM comes in the first note of Diamond Eyes right as the show lights came on and everyone was all over the place.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem