Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

I'm kinda with Chino on the title track being one of the lesser songs. I like the clean vocal parts, but the heavy parts are pretty much Deftones on autopilot mode.

Inkblades

Lol, yeah. I was thinking he'd go a 6 or a 7. It's cool, though. Not everyone has to be a fan. He can stick with his Death Grips albums (who personally do nothing for me, MC Ride is an awful, perpetually off-beat rapper) and I'll stick with my Deftones albums.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 14, 2016, 08:42 PM
Lol, yeah. I was thinking he'd go a 6 or a 7. It's cool, though. Not everyone has to be a fan. He can stick with his Death Grips albums (who personally do nothing for me, MC Ride is an awful, perpetually off-beat rapper) and I'll stick with my Deftones albums.

Gotta love Zach Hill though
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

elite54

I really only like Zach in Team Sleep. Kinda pissed he's not in the band anymore.

sooniletugo

Fantano wasn't big on KNY either, and seems not to be a big fan anyway, so not too surprising. Bit more dismissive than I expected though. and his best track is Doomed User while his worst track is Hearts/Wires... hmm.

Sleeping_Giant

I actually enjoyed his review :D His impressions at 7:20 destroyed me :D However I don't agree that there are no catchy moments on Gore.

LG95

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Apr 14, 2016, 06:24 PM
fandingo review:

https://youtu.be/bfsooZS6v50

very amusing, to be honest ;)
I love it when someone you think might be a colossal idiot does something to prove it beyond any shadow of a doubt.
I could float here forever

jaypayton

ok the secret is out.....im fantano....i admit it...the jig is up

gwenudo

Quote from: jaypayton on Apr 14, 2016, 11:13 PM
ok the secret is out.....im fantano....i admit it...the jig is up
Since we're all starting to come out, then i have to say, i am indeed Steph. Tokyodrifter is Frank. Hiiiiiii
Was it like it seemed?...

worship

Man, I feel sorry for people that don't like the record. Beast!

Bergerac

Left my feelings on his review at the top of the comments under 'klojinum'.

TheyCallMeP

Lol at the Fantano review. The guy usually backs himself up well even if he doesn't like something that I do, but this was crazy. He didn't even review the thing! Just a rant.... I expected more from you, sir.

gwenudo

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Apr 15, 2016, 12:55 AM
Lol at the Fantano review. The guy usually backs himself up well even if he doesn't like something that I do, but this was crazy. He didn't even review the thing! Just a rant.... I expected more from you, sir.
I dont even think he deserves to be called sir lol
Was it like it seemed?...

TheyCallMeP

Also, the Prayers/Triangles video looks like an iPod commercial. There, I said it. Love the song, not into the video. Chino running was the best part.

chuckles

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Apr 15, 2016, 01:02 AM
Also, the Prayers/Triangles video looks like an iPod commercial. There, I said it. Love the song, not into the video. Chino running was the best part.

hahah I kinda agree with you!
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

chuckles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfsooZS6v50

I fucking hate this guy... Im not really saying it cuz he basically dislieks every deftones record... I think his reviews are... bland and stupid...

Inkblades

Fantano actually made a couple fair criticisms (production qualms, Stef's sometimes ugly guitar tone), but others definitely left me scratching my head. The album reminds you of Cold and Staind? Really? Anyway, Doomed User is his favorite song on the album, so I'm clearly not going to see eye to eye with him. And also because he has his eyes closed for much of the review.

N0S3BLEED976

He gave Foxing's album Dealer a 3/10, which was one of my favourite albums in 2015. Still love this dude, even though his taste and mine diverge pretty drastically at times. His reviews are usually very profound and entertaining, not to mention his little vlog side-channel, which is just pure gold!

chuckles

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Apr 15, 2016, 01:41 AM
He gave Foxing's album Dealer a 3/10, which was one of my favourite albums in 2015. Still love this dude, even though his taste and mine diverge pretty drastically at times. His reviews are usually very profound and entertaining, not to mention his little vlog side-channel, which is just pure gold!

I think you're right... Maybe it's me taking it the wrong way...

deftonesluvrbrazil

It's been 2 weeks since I first listened to the album, and Gore hasn't started growing on me yet. I don't even feel like listening to any of the songs. But I do listen to any other songs from different albums often.