better than their last 3 records as a 'complete' album
love the vibe and how it all goes together

this sums up my opinion.

Cullision

SNW > Gore

Come at me bro

IN WAVES

Quote from: Ashtiel on Apr 26, 2016, 02:03 AM
Doomed User and Gore have helped me to appreciate Deftones' heavier stuff (ATF/Adrenaline) era, funny how that turns out. I wasn't too fond of Doomed User when it came out but once you actually get into it...shit.

I loved the lyrics on Doomed User. The sound is good, but the lyrics make the song. I love it.

from_musings

Quote from: Ashtiel on Apr 26, 2016, 02:03 AM
Doomed User and Gore have helped me to appreciate Deftones' heavier stuff (ATF/Adrenaline) era, funny how that turns out. I wasn't too fond of Doomed User when it came out but once you actually get into it...shit.

that's great. I like doomed user, but i mostly looked at it as fan service, a song for old school fans that's been around since the beginning. like "thanks for stickin out-here u go".nice to see that the song has this effect. and that gore helped too, awesome

Vesanic

Doomed User has absolutely not a jot of oldschool feeling. None. It's mildly heavy but putting it next to the old stuff just for that reason is a seriously simplistic view.

from_musings

opinions, how do they work?

Vesanic

They never do!

from_musings

lulz. if i'm self-critical of that post, there's no 8-string on adrenaline/atf, and the verse riff's been called 80s heavy metal. but those also kinda remind me of teething's bridge and it is something in chino's melodies that reminds me of old stuff. the melodies, (not the off-key feeling/style) and the rhythmic singing combined with screams is old school to me.

well me and the other guy think of adrenaline/atf, if you don't it's fine

Hidalgo

doomed user is the heaviest song they've done since rats and rapture. really bangin song, i freakin love it(one of my favs on the album). the riff isn't 80s sounding to me. a bit  maybe, but that's not a bad thing if you're thinking megadeth or old metaliica. it reminds me of teething, the bridge to engine no.9, or the bridge to rocket skates, etc. lots of deftones in it(old and new)

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Hidalgo on Apr 26, 2016, 04:30 PM
doomed user is the heaviest song they've done since rats and rapture. really bangin song, i freakin love it(one of my favs on the album). the riff isn't 80s sounding to me. a bit  maybe, but that's not a bad thing if you're thinking megadeth or old metaliica. it reminds me of teething, the bridge to engine no.9, or the bridge to rocket skates, etc. lots of deftones in it(old and new)
u think? What abt Prince? Or even Goon? heavier maybe? Jmo but I do like it a lot more today than those previous two.... However, I like rapture and rats more than any of them though... funny how things differ among all of us
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

77years

8 zillion listens and still not a single filler track for me. End to end fantastic

rainnyx4

First three tracks are good, album falls off significantly after that. May be the album with the least memorable material.

S/T has previously been their most disappointing album to me. But it at least had Anniversary and WGTB, which are insanely memorable cuts. Gore certainly had a lot more effort put into it than S/T, but it is such an artistic misstep. No more 80s butt rock on the next album please.

Diplo

Quote from: 77years on Apr 26, 2016, 07:04 PM
8 zillion listens and still not a single filler track for me. End to end fantastic

Yup, It's one of the album that you must listen without skipping a song. The album is fucking good but hard to listen because you know you must have 40-50 minutes free.
Almost the same the feel I have for album like Mechanical Animals (Manson) and others. The songs heard with the whole thing are really good but a little bit weak if you listen to them separately.

beansandcornbread

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 26, 2016, 08:46 PM
First three tracks are good, album falls off significantly after that. May be the album with the least memorable material.

S/T has previously been their most disappointing album to me. But it at least had Anniversary and WGTB, which are insanely memorable cuts. Gore certainly had a lot more effort put into it than S/T, but it is such an artistic misstep. No more 80s butt rock on the next album please.

The 80's were better, pure and simple.  I want a full 80's style album for the next one.

Freedomsoldier17

! No longer available

beginning part of this song reminds me of acid hologram

pelican fly

Quote from: beansandcornbread on Apr 26, 2016, 09:05 PM
The 80's were better, pure and simple.  I want a full 80's style album for the next one.

lol

YES

Capt Snow

Quote from: beansandcornbread on Apr 26, 2016, 09:05 PM
Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 26, 2016, 08:46 PM

This guy's jokes are always on point

sooniletugo

Quote from: 77years on Apr 26, 2016, 07:04 PM

Agreed brozilla 

It's a great album.

pelican fly

on a subtle note, Abe totally rules on this album
don't give me none of that " the mix is poo poo and he's lost innit durrr..."

this is simply some of his best work

The Cyndicate

Quote from: pelican fly on Apr 27, 2016, 01:55 AM
on a subtle note, Abe totally rules on this album
don't give me none of that " the mix is poo poo and he's lost innit durrr..."

this is simply some of his best work

The mix is horrible.
If you can't tell that, I can't help you.