Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

An album can chart well and still be underrated. Case in point: S/T.

Seven

It's your opinion, mate. For example, ask someone as theneedledrop if he thinks the same. You will find out tons of bands/albums that his fans will say the same.

Inkblades

Well, yeah, what other people think of S/T and Gore is what makes them underrated (S/T more so. Besides Fontano, Gore has been getting good reviews). But you're right, it is my opinion that they are underrated. Just seemed like you were equating album sales with how people feel about the album. The point I was trying to make is that I am sure there are many Deftones fans out there buying Gore and being disappointed with it (kinda like how some were disappointed with S/T because they were expecting White Pony Pt. II).

Sleeping_Giant

Damn, it took me 2 months to appreciate P/T. At the beginning I didn't like it at all.

Too bad studio version doesn't have Frank's parts from Kimmel show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60RpaXx03yQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1m38s

Why there is no love for Frank's effects in so many studio versions  :-\

illthrowROCKS@U

Generally album charting speaks more about the strength of the previous album than the one that actually charts. Look at almost any band, in almost every case the album after the one most people consider to be their "magnum opus" charts their best.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

DenakDW

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Apr 17, 2016, 10:09 PM
Damn, it took me 2 months to appreciate P/T. At the beginning I didn't like it at all.

Just last night I was listening P / T with my sennheiser headphones, and after listening to live version on kimmel, now I hear it with my headphones... Too bad it's very very under the whole mix, it definitely gives a new angle. Frank never disappoints.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

Inkblades

Say what you will about Raskulinecz production being too clean or glossy, but you have to give him props for understanding how essential Frank is. His keys are really in the forefront on DE and KNY.

lungdamage

Got Number 1 in Australia too.

E-Money

Quote from: DenakDW on Apr 18, 2016, 01:16 AM

Just last night I was listening P / T with my sennheiser headphones, and after listening to live version on kimmel, now I hear it with my headphones... Too bad it's very very under the whole mix, it definitely gives a new angle. Frank never disappoints.

I wish chino would play the song live like he does on the record. That guitar part in the 3rd chorus is bad ass. He never does it live. It's not even hard to play.. Not sure why.. To me that's the coolest part of the track. But yes definitely wish frank was louder on the record. He adds so much to the final product.

Ashtiel

The intro riff is what sells P / T for me honestly, fitting start to the album.

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 18, 2016, 03:45 AM

Say what you will about Raskulinecz production being too clean or glossy, but you have to give him props for understanding how essential Frank is. His keys are really in the forefront on DE and KNY.

I love the production of DE and KNY. I don't hate the production of Gore, but I would rather Raskulinecz or Date do the production for their next studio album.

Far away

I just noticed that thanks to you. Its awesome... i dont understand why on records his stuff is so quiet...  ;\

Emecs777

Hi everyone,
excuse me, i am from Italy, i've preordered the Gore Mega Bundle (t-shirt, hat, pin, vinyl, cd) on 5th february. My order has not arrived yet. Anyone knows if it's normal? I've to worry seriously?
thanks

Martin

Quote from: Emecs777 on Apr 18, 2016, 09:54 AM
Hi everyone,
excuse me, i am from Italy, i've preordered the Gore Mega Bundle (t-shirt, hat, pin, vinyl, cd) on 5th february. My order has not arrived yet. Anyone knows if it's normal? I've to worry seriously?
thanks

Probably not.

Doesn't matter when you pre-ordered it, all preorder bundles were probably all send out in the same period.
With some countries it takes longer. I got my LP almost a week after the official release date.
But, I'd say hit up Warner and your national postal service anyway just in case.

Good luck!

ANattyRat

Quote from: Far away on Apr 18, 2016, 09:44 AM

I just noticed that thanks to you. Its awesome... i dont understand why on records his stuff is so quiet...  ;\

Seriously, there are moments on this album where I can hear his effects just a tiny tiny bit, as though they want us to only just hear them but not be sure we didn't just imagine. Really, just make his damn parts louder.

Far away

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 18, 2016, 10:51 AM
Quote from: Far away on Apr 18, 2016, 09:44 AM

Seriously, there are moments on this album where I can hear his effects just a tiny tiny bit, as though they want us to only just hear them but not be sure we didn't just imagine. Really, just make his damn parts louder.

yeah..i even activated my razer sound program to make things lounder and shit.. not a thing. Im proably going deaf lol

therealdaebat

Did some vocal extraction on doomed user to make it instrumental: https://mega.nz/#!E8wTyQoR!-1klislbozaftEj-lSuLyivtGJlSjpu1kBFbYFBvkUo
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

gwenudo

Gore made it to #2 on Billboard 200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

lahemi

I didn't like the album after listening to it for the first and second time, at all, I never disliked a Deftones album that much after listening to it the first couple of times. After Rubicon ended the first time, I didn't even felt the need to listen to it again.
But damn, now I'm in love with it. I was like "Ugh, it isn't even the worst Deftones album, it's just a bad album", and now it is in my top 3 Deftones albums.
I guess the reason for that is, that it really feels like a cohesive album again rather than a collection of songs. To me, SNW, DE and KNY has really great songs, but I rarely listened to them front to back. Gore has standout tracks too, but I can appreciate them even more in context of the rest of the album. And I guess I didn't expect that, because it has been such a long time since I saw an album by them like that.
But anyway, because of that, I do like a couple of songs only in context of the album (Teenager comes in mind, I love it, but not on its own). It's not that I dislike H/W, but when I listen to it on its own, it's really bland and disappointing after such a beautiful intro. But you guys seem to really enjoy it.

So yeah, I just want to ask you guys: do you like H/W more than say Rosemary?

gwenudo

Quote from: lahemi on Apr 18, 2016, 07:22 PM
I didn't like the album after listening to it for the first and second time, at all, I never disliked a Deftones album that much after listening to it the first couple of times. After Rubicon ended the first time, I didn't even felt the need to listen to it again.
But damn, now I'm in love with it. I was like "Ugh, it isn't even the worst Deftones album, it's just a bad album", and now it is in my top 3 Deftones albums.
I guess the reason for that is, that it really feels like a cohesive album again rather than a collection of songs. To me, SNW, DE and KNY has really great songs, but I rarely listened to them front to back. Gore has standout tracks too, but I can appreciate them even more in context of the rest of the album. And I guess I didn't expect that, because it has been such a long time since I saw an album by them like that.
But anyway, because of that, I do like a couple of songs only in context of the album (Teenager comes in mind, I love it, but not on its own). It's not that I dislike H/W, but when I listen to it on its own, it's really bland and disappointing after such a beautiful intro. But you guys seem to really enjoy it.

So yeah, I just want to ask you guys: do you like H/W more than say Rosemary?
To answer your question, no i dont like H/W more than Rosemary, but thats not to say i like KNY more than Gore, because i dont, Gore shits on KNY imo
Was it like it seemed?...